• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Joe Johnson have the worst contract in sports?

MVP23

http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=145918

In other words, this guy will be cashin checks in his mid 30's, probably with us, while dropping like 11 points a game. He mind as well pay A.I 20 million this year.

Well it's a done deal and if they didn't resign him we would be alot worse off and would not have enough money to sign anyone else of his caliber. I wasn't thrilled either but it is done and all the complaining won't do a thing about it.

Well it's a done deal and if they didn't resign him we would be alot worse off and would not have enough money to sign anyone else of his caliber. I wasn't thrilled either but it is done and all the complaining won't do a thing about it.

What he said

http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=145918

In other words, this guy will be cashin checks in his mid 30's, probably with us, while dropping like 11 points a game. He mind as well pay A.I 20 million this year.

As opposed to gettting yourself banned for trolling (which is a very distinct possibility at this point) - why don't you tell us what you would have preferred to have seen happen? Don't complain just for the sake of complaining. Provide a better solution. And I don't want to see generalizations. Be specific.

You're on the clock.

• Like 1

I'll chime in. All I know is I'm going to like seeing Joe Johnson walking out on the floor with Smoove and Horf this fall. We're a playoff team, again, if we stay healthy...and then who knows what happens? I think knowing we won't be a bottom feeder in November trumps what is going to happen in 2014 with Joe Johnson. Cross that bridge when it comes and be happy we got our yearly all star back.

• Like 1

As opposed to gettting yourself banned for trolling (which is a very distinct possibility at this point) - why don't you tell us what you would have preferred to have seen happen? Don't complain just for the sake of complaining. Provide a better solution. And I don't want to see generalizations. Be specific.

You're on the clock.

I wanted Salmons for the MLE. HE took less money to win 42 games with the Bucks, he would have done the same here. As for now, I would wait the 30 days, and try to move Joe....for any kind of talent. IF thats not possible I think I would just wait about 2 years when he becomes a scrub, and release him. I would just take the cap hit. No way I would pay 20 million to a 33 year old.

• Premium Member

I wanted Salmons for the MLE. HE took less money to win 42 games with the Bucks, he would have done the same here. As for now, I would wait the 30 days, and try to move Joe....for any kind of talent. IF thats not possible I think I would just wait about 2 years when he becomes a scrub, and release him. I would just take the cap hit. No way I would pay 20 million to a 33 year old.

Salmons signed 4 years for almost 40 million I believe? He had no intention of leaving the Bucks. You would never "release" a player with a contract like Joe. The team is still liable for it and the cap hit.

• Premium Member

I wanted Salmons for the MLE. HE took less money to win 42 games with the Bucks, he would have done the same here.

He took 5 years and $40 million to play for the bucks. That's $8 million a year. That's way above the MLE.

IF thats not possible I think I would just wait about 2 years when he becomes a scrub, and release him. I would just take the cap hit. No way I would pay 20 million to a 33 year old.

NBA contracts are guaranteed, genius. The Hawks would still have to pay him AND take the cap hit.

Thanks for confirming what everyone already knew - you don't really know anything about any of this stuff, and are just here to hate on JJ rather than add to the conversation in a meaningful way.

Edited by niremetal

How exactly did he take less money to play with the Bucks? Who was offering him more? And how do you know what he would ask for in order to play here? All we had to offer was the MLE and he got way more than that with the Bucks.

I guess that is what makes a troll, a total inability to reason things out logically.

FYI we can't trade JJ until mid-December, assuming we wanted to.

that's the most illogical and poorly thought out post I've seen on here in weeks. not only is your info on salmons innacurate, you have shown you have absolutely no understanding of the nba's collective bargaining agreement.

i'm really suprised people are being so light on you.

Back to your original post in this thread......... if you have a better idea or you can articulate specifically what you like/dislike about a Hawks front office move please do so.

Edited by gsuteke

Is there an ignore user feature on this site?

There used to be. If there is one on the site now i certainly can't find it. In the past you could just click on the username and there was an "ignore this user" button.

Edit: I just found it. Click on your own username. Then in the upper right side of the page hit Edit Profile. Then there will be a list of buttons down the left side. one of them is for Manage ignored users.

Edited by exodus

There used to be. If there is one on the site now i certainly can't find it. In the past you could just click on the username and there was an "ignore this user" button.

Edit: I just found it. Click on your own username. Then in the upper right side of the page hit Edit Profile. Then there will be a list of buttons down the left side. one of them is for Manage ignored users.

You're no fun. In the past you'd just clown the offender.

• Premium Member

An ignorant user feature?

Lol yes, he's certainly ignorant. I'm just tired of seeing this clown show up about once a week or so to make the same kind of idiotic post. When you called him out to actually defend his OP all he could offer was a post even more ignorant than the actual OP.

Thanks ex :go ahead: