• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is anyone else seriously considering cancelling nba league pass this year

NJHAWK

Wow there are a few factors as to why I really am thinking about it.

#1. The Hawks lack of even trying to get better like alot of teams in this conference did ( I was really hopeing they would at least offer a little extra for Shaq but there were a few factors here besides that ) and stepping up to compete with other elite teams.

#2. The quality of the nba play, refs and Stern. Lets face it its a joke and has been going downhill for quite sometime.

#3. The BIG 3, that whole scenario just made me sick and now those clowns will be the nba. You will have to hear about them during every game whether that game involves them or not.

#4. The Hawks will be nationally televised eneough where I can still follow them without having to watch every game at a steep price.

#5. $$$$$$$$

#6. I really got into soccer during the world cup and am going to give the English premeir league and the Bundesliga a shot this year on FSC and GOLTV

I havent made a final decision yet and the only thing holding me up cancelling the auto renewal are my love of the Hawks and getting to watch games in NJ announced by Bob Rathbun with Hawk coverage. I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking about it.

Edited by NJHAWK

Nope. I watch more teams than the Hawks. I cant wait for the season to start so i can watch LA, OKC, Miami, Boston, and CHI in addition to the Hawks.

I wonder how much NBA League Pass will be worth now since the Three AmEGOS joined forces in Miami. I would think the price would rocket up.

Unless he is actually playing in a game I am watching ---- I "JUST SAY NO" to any mention of the name (verbally or written) of LeBron James. Enough is enough with this individual. I simply use my TV remote/mute or mouse to avoid anything to do with him.

It's not necissarilly hate for James, it's just that I will not be manipulated into thinking about him --- by the press/promoters of the NBA. Same goes for the Miami Heat team (which ironically, just like James, has not won a damn thing ---- and doesn't deserve mine or anyone else's constant attention.

CS

• Like 1

How much is league pass? I thought about doing it last year and then got extremely busy. Plus you can usually find the games on justintv or atdhe.net or something. But having NBA League Pass guarantees you can listen to Rathbun and Dominique...at the same time it guarantees you can choose to not listen to them so either way its a plus.

Too much of a fan of the NBA to ever consider canceling League Pass. Nothing beats watching all those hidden gem games live like when a rookie goes for 55, the Heat's win streak broken at Minnesota, Sacramento or someplace unexpected, catching 3 buzzer beaters in one night, some scrub going off for a career high, noticing a vet you remember watching when you were younger checking into a game when you assumed he retired years ago, scouting prospective Hawks by going beyond just a boxscore... It's just great being able to watch 2,000 games over 6 months.

I don't have Direct TV, honestly I'd kill to find a way to watch more than just Hawks games. Some teams are just fun to watch like Golden State.

Last year was the first year they sold the NBA League Pass Broadband separately. Its the online version, you can watch up to 3 games at a time I believe. I am not sure what kind of connection you need to watch the game clearly though.

How much is league pass? I thought about doing it last year and then got extremely busy. Plus you can usually find the games on justintv or atdhe.net or something. But having NBA League Pass guarantees you can listen to Rathbun and Dominique...at the same time it guarantees you can choose to not listen to them so either way its a plus.

[/quot

They havent set this years price yet. Last year I believe it was in the neighborhood of 180-200. It goes up a little every year. I know the early bird special for nfl Sunday Ticket is now $300 for this season. I think where I differ from a few posters in this topic is that I am a Hawks fan but not really much of an nba fan. I prolly watch about 2 or 3 games a year that dont involve the Hawks and thats including playoffs. lol

Probably not much because 50% of their games will be nationally televised anyway.

Plus the handfull of games that are not televised will have enough of they're highlites shown on espn where it will feel like you watched the whole game anyaway.

I love the NBA and watched every televised Hawks game on the package last year, but I am considering it. I will not cancel Sunday Ticket because I am too die hard about the Falcons. I am just envisioning my bills with both packages going up this year (NFL is up to $300) and I am thinking of just waiting until mid-season to decide whether it will be worth it.

• Premium Member

Last year, the full Broadband package (all 30 teams available) was $135. There was also a "choice" package where you could choose 7 teams and watch all those teams' games. I did the latter, and chose the Hawks, Blazers, Spurs, Jazz, Bulls, Suns, and Raptors or Knicks (can't remember which I chose).

If a game is being televised in your area - whether nationally on TNT/ESPN or locally on Sportsouth, etc - the game will be blacked out on Broadband. The upshot is that if you're in Atlanta, you're stuck with Nique and Rathbun for Hawks games unless you find a different stream. Also, the stream that is shown on League Pass is usually that of the home team.

Last year was the first year they sold the NBA League Pass Broadband separately. Its the online version, you can watch up to 3 games at a time I believe. I am not sure what kind of connection you need to watch the game clearly though.

LP Broadband was available as a standalone deal in '08-'09 as well. Last year was the first time they had the "Broadband Choice" package available, though.

I had a cable connection both years I used LP Broadband. It invariably worked fine. It doesn't have a "choose a bitrate" option like TennisTV.com does, but I was pleasantly surprised at how high the connection quality was. Way better than what you can get on Justin.tv, p2p4u, etc. The question is whether you're willing to pay the premium for a better connection and guaranteed access.

My take: It's a great investment if you are: 1) a Hawks fan living outside Atlanta; and/or 2) a die-hard who actually will sit down and watch other teams' games. I was both, so it worked for me. But I know some people who thought it would be great for them, and then they found that watching other teams' games isn't as cool as they thought it would be. If you're not sure, get the BB Choice package. You can always upgrade later to the full package (I think they pro rate the price mid-season) if you find that you're still itching for more. Personally, I just ended up sticking with the Choice package for the full year, although I was tempted to upgrade during the stretch run toward the playoffs.

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

my only problem with the broadband deal is that I don't watch tv or movies on my computer. I only use for work, net surfing and gaming. I'd love it if my cable company (knology) would get the sports packages but they never do.

• Premium Member

#6. I really got into soccer during the world cup and am going to give the English premeir league and the Bundesliga a shot this year on FSC and GOLTV

If you do this, will you let me know what you think? I'm wanting FoxSoccer.TV if it comes out on the Roku box...

• Premium Member

I'm thinking about dumping NFL RedZone. Not because it's not a good product (10x better than Sunday Ticket imo) but only due to the vast amounts of time I waste watching TV during football season. If I combine my Saturday college addiction with my Sunday NFL addiction I probably waste 12 hours per weekend sitting on my butt. Now factor in my family's medial history with the large amounts of bad food and beer I consume those few months and I'd be lucky to make it another year.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 2

If you do this, will you let me know what you think? I'm wanting FoxSoccer.TV if it comes out on the Roku box...

Im getting a free 3 month preview of the sports pack from dirct tv which includes fox soccer and gol tv. I watched the opening of the E.P.L. today and Im hooked. The team I will root for (Liverpool, because one of my favs from the Neatherlands Dirk Kuyt plays there) hasnt even played yet, they play tomorrow and I was still excited watching the games today. I joined a Barclays offcial fantasy league at work and we are playing for a little money but even the fantasy league is well run by that Barclay site and a fun challenge to play. With the time difference most games are over by 11 or 12 on Saturday and you have the rest of the day free. Im pumped for the start of the Bundesliga too because alot of the great Dutch and German players play on that Bayern Munich team ( Robben, Van Bommel, Mueller, Klosa etc.) and I cant wait to see them in action. After the preview its only 7 bucks a month and if you want to add an extra Channel ( fox soccer plus) that cost 14 a month alone. The extra cahnnel also shows alot of Rugby games. I think I will just stick to the 2 I get for 7 a month and drop Cinemax or Showtime, lol.

• 1 month later...

Pricing came out for broadband:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/index.html

$110 for the choose 7 and $180 for all 30. Price significantly went up (thanks Miami) but I think its still worth it. I imagine I will purchase it soon.

I did this, its only like $15 a month and I think its worth it. I have adopted Leeds United as my favorite team (because of their chants) and I have gotten a fair number of their games for being a Championship team. I would say its worth it.