• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew- Almost Too Good To Be True

BusBoyIsBack

Not only are we getting rid of the mindset of relying on Iso Joe for plan A, B, and C. Not only are we going to take advantage of all of the athleticism on this team on the offensive side of the ball and actually implement an innovative offensive philosophy that actually has ball movement and motion. And not only does it have those qualities but it REQUIRES IT.

And now we hear we are getting rid of the switching on defense which was equally as irritating as Al Horford would always find his way trying to defend a DWade, Rondo, etc. Another thing that made no sense considering all the length and athleticism that could allow us to defend straight up far more often.

These drastic changes make us 5x the contender in the playoffs that we once were.

It makes so much sense and it's so ideal it's eerie.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

This is the ONLY thing that gives me hope for the season. I'm really hoping that this change will allow guys to come out of the shadows and be more involved. In Woody's system, there was no discipline and control of the offense was left to whoever was capable of taking the ball and creating for themselves. It left very little room for anyone besides JJ, Crawford, or even Flip, to do anything. I'm HOPING that this is will make Horford a much bigger offensive threat and allow him to consistently post the big numbers that we saw from time to time last year. I'm hoping that it will allow guys like Teague to truly spread his wings and not be afraid to mess up.

I'm silently hoping that Woodson's philosophy was a major part of what held Marvin back - the other major factor limiting Mav being his apparent reluctance to step up and his obvious comfort with not having any offensive responsibility.

• Premium Member

I share your enthusiasm but i also remember the last two septembers when we were going to be the 'phoenix suns of the east'

Yeah, but the last two Septembers, we had Alfred E. Neuman as our head coach.

And now we hear we are getting rid of the switching on defense which was equally as irritating as Al Horford would always find his way trying to defend a DWade, Rondo, etc. Another thing that made no sense considering all the length and athleticism that could allow us to defend straight up far more often.

When playing Mike Bibby a switching defense is required.......that is unless you want Rondo to eat him alive.

Hopefully Teague allows us to get away from that. That is some high hope for Teague. We know Crawford is not up to the task of defending most PGs either.

I'm looking at the glass half full in regards to LD. However, I'm a realist, and I don't think our habits and tendencies from the last 6 years under Woody are just going to disappear. For us, as fans, to believe that one training camp, and 2.5 weeks before our first pre-season game, we're going to transform in to a totally different team is not gonna happen. It's going to be a process to grind through, if LD is sincere about reconstructing this team. In the meantime, we're going to continue to see heavy iso Joe. I think our defense will struggle early because of the change from switching (we'll look confused and revert to old habits). Although, it's a long season, and we'll evolve into the new regime (I hope). IMO, though, until the Holidays, we're gonna have to win on talent alone, like last year, and take our lumps at the same time....

I'm looking at the glass half full in regards to LD. However, I'm a realist, and I don't think our habits and tendencies from the last 6 years under Woody are just going to disappear. For us, as fans, to believe that one training camp, and 2.5 weeks before our first pre-season game, we're going to transform in to a totally different team is not gonna happen. It's going to be a process to grind through, if LD is sincere about reconstructing this team. In the meantime, we're going to continue to see heavy iso Joe. I think our defense will struggle early because of the change from switching (we'll look confused and revert to old habits). Although, it's a long season, and we'll evolve into the new regime (I hope). IMO, though, until the Holidays, we're gonna have to win on talent alone, like last year, and take our lumps at the same time....

Well since they never really did what he wanted them to do maybe it won't take so long to forget it.

• Premium Member

Well since they never really did what he wanted them to do maybe it won't take so long to forget it.

LD has a lot to improve imo. He has never been a head coach and coached here under who? Come on, I know some of you are totally on the bandwagon and I want to support him too.

I just have pause to blindly thinking a assistant coach off the same team can turn this thing around ESPECIALLY since the front office did ZERO in acquiring addtl needed veteran talent in the post.

LD has a BIG uphill climb IMO.

Edited by Vol4ever

LD has a lot to improve imo. He has never been a head coach and coached here under who? Come on, I know some of you are totally on the bandwagon and I want to support him too.

I just have pause to blindly thinking a assistant coach off the same team can turn this thing around ESPECIALLY since the front office did ZERO in acquiring addtl needed veteran talent in the post.

Which for me translates to one regular season credit of (almost) unlimited trust and patience. Unless teams totally collapses I'll be behind him this season. The play offs is what I'll judge LD on.

• Like 1

Oh I agree. I just don't think it will take long to reprogram any Woody info still in there since, judging by our defensive stats, none really stuck anyway.