• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nets just got better

GameTime

If the Hawks really wanted to they could disrupt this deal if they choose to offer horford or smith with Jamal crawford but whats the likes of that happening! This will be a very long season and the hawks have more to prove this year than they have had in the past 3 years now!, cause now that we have established a team to be an top 4 east team...we now have to keep it up against teams that have gotten significantly better...bulls, knicks, bucks, heat, and now the nets! All i can say is....LD I really hope you turn this team around for the BEST!!!

• Like 2

The Hawks really aren't getting better with Melo. If this was CP3, I would trade Smith in a heartbeat but for Melo, Idk.

• Like 1

My take if the trade happens:

The Nets are still lacking a PG and they are very poor defensively with no mental toughness and no chemistry. I expect them to be a good team. Murphy and Lopez is tough in the post and Melo can carried them in the season. They just are too young and do not have enough toughness to win big in the East for now. I see them like the early Mavs in Donnie tender. I expect unless they get Augustin as well, their record will be 47-35. Finish in the middle of the pack in the East with Milwaukee.

W/ Harris, the Bobcats are alot better too.

They are but still no center and PF since they would have traded Diaw as well. Thomas doesn't scare me v. Smith.

Getting Melo means hitting critical mess for Nets. After moving to NY they'll easily bring another star and some veterans next year to complete roster. Maybe even Chris Paul.

W/ Harris, the Bobcats are alot better too.

I don't know, Cats are half court offense, well defending team.

• Admin

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5610989

PG - Jordan Farmar / D.J. Augustin

SG - Anthony Morrow / Terrence Williams

SF - Carmelo Anthony / Travis Outlaw / Terrence Williams / Damion James

PF - Troy Murphy / Kris Humphries / Damion James

C - Brook Lopez / Johan Petro

Not a bad lineup.

Honestly, Melo needs a supporting cast. He is not going to put a team over the top like Lebron, Wade or CP3 would. NJ's pg situation sucks now as Farmer is garbage and Augustin doesn't really impress. NJ is still not a competitor. Actually losing Harris is a big blow for them. Melo and Lopez is a nice combo though

I think the biggest winner here is Charlotte who gets Harris. They are the team who really improves here. he is a big upgrade over Felton for them and now they are more competitive.

Denver also makes out well with draft picks and Favors and Kirlenko's contract.

I don't understand why Utah got involved at all

If this team trades Joe, Al or Josh for Mello they wouldn't improve by any large amount.

So you don't think anyone on this team is worth a damn, yet you think if we trade any of these "average" players for one of the best in the league we still wouldn't improve?!? I now believe you type what you type just for a rise.

• Like 1

So you don't think anyone on this team is worth a damn, yet you think if we trade any of these "average" players for one of the best in the league we still wouldn't improve?!? I now believe you type what you type just for a rise.

my point exactly i dont get why people want to get better but dont want to trade what it takes to get better. trading josh or horford for melo wouldnt do anything but take us over the top rather than hurt us. Melo is a top player in this league and if we could put him beside JJ we would be considered elite!

If the Hawks really wanted to they could disrupt this deal if they choose to offer horford or smith with Jamal crawford but whats the likes of that happening! This will be a very long season and the hawks have more to prove this year than they have had in the past 3 years now!, cause now that we have established a team to be an top 4 east team...we now have to keep it up against teams that have gotten significantly better...bulls, knicks, bucks, heat, and now the nets! All i can say is....LD I really hope you turn this team around for the BEST!!!

wow I got many negs though I didnt really say anything bad about our hawks just kinda telling the truth about how the east is rising up and it shouldnt be ignored just because we been at the top the last 3 years. We cant live on what the hawks did the last 3 years against those teams, we have to live on what the hawks can do now against those teams. It wont be as easy and im not saying we are going to lose cause i dont think that we will but in recent years we blew past some of these teams that have now gotten alot better. so we need to be on top of our game more than ever cause the strength of the NBA is now on the east and not the west! So you can neg all you want if you cant handle the truth about this team and you want to live in some fantasy world so be it. But me....im a realist, i know about my ATL Hawks and some of that s*** we got away wit last year beatin those teams wont fly. Hopefully LD do his thang! Im really trusing that he can lead this team to be better, right now im not worried cause LD has everything under control.

• Like 2

• Moderators

...not if the Sixers have a say...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/103820864.html?cmpid=15585797

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16180436

While a potential four-team trade that would send Carmelo Anthony to the New Jersey Nets is on hold, the Nuggets are also exploring moving Melo to Philadelphia for small forward Andre Iguodala, a league source said Sunday.

The executive said Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri has spoken with Ed Stefanski.

Other players would need to be involved in the trade to match salaries.

As an aside, LaLa's mom lives here in ATL. Has anyone watched the "Wedding" reality show, and does Melo and the in-law get along?

~lw3

The East could potentially have 7 or 8 teams fighting for 50 wins..........much like how the Western Conference used to be.

...not if the Sixers have a say...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/103820864.html?cmpid=15585797

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16180436

As an aside, LaLa's mom lives here in ATL.

~lw3

That makes it a 0% chance of him wanting to live in Atlanta.