• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonight's Game Online?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Let's try to keep tonight's Magic game under triple-digits... the losing margin, that is!

In the last three games O-Town has beaten Chicago by 38, Charlotte by 13, and New Orleans by 54. And never mind last year's regular season and playoffs, the Hawks lost last year's preseason tilt by 37, after the Magic took the lead well into the 40's. How does that phrase from Animal House go: "Thank you, Sir, may I have another?"

Fox Sports Florida/SUNsports will show the game with the Magic's broadcast team, so hopefully a feed will be available online (adthe, channelsurfing) for those of us not heading downtown to watch it live.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Let's try to keep tonight's Magic game under triple-digits... the losing margin, that is!

In the last three games O-Town has beaten Chicago by 38, Charlotte by 13, and New Orleans by 54. And never mind last year's regular season and playoffs, the Hawks lost last year's preseason tilt by 37, after the Magic took the lead well into the 40's. How does that phrase from Animal House go: "Thank you, Sir, may I have another?"

Fox Sports Florida/SUNsports will show the game with the Magic's broadcast team, so hopefully a feed will be available online (adthe, channelsurfing) for those of us not heading downtown to watch it live.

~lw3

I think it's coming on NBATV as well.

• Like 1

• Admin

Even though this is 'just a preseason game', if the Hawks go out there and don't have anything to prove and get smoked again, then they have no heart,. period.

Once again it is preseason...the point is not to win...its about getting things figured out and work out bugs in the offense/defense before the season begins. Giving players who normally don't play a lot a chance a chance to earn a role and figure out what that role will be.

It will be nice to win but it doesn't matter. Losing in the preseason does not mean that the team has no heart.

We have a new coach, a whole new system, a point guard who is preparing to take the reigns and a bunch of new bench players.

Edited by capstone21

I hear what you are saying, but we have been getting killed by this team for the past 2 years or more, by huge point margins. I understand if they don't win, but what I said was if the get smoked again, then they have no heart (not if they lose). Have some pride regardless and let the Magic know that it's not gonna be the same this year. At least try and make it competitive regardless of who is in the game.

Once again it is preseason...the point is not to win...its about getting things figured out and work out bugs in the offense/defense before the season begins. Giving players who normally don't play a lot a chance a chance to earn a role and figure out what that role will be.

It will be nice to win but it doesn't matter. Losing in the preseason does not mean that the team has no heart.

We have a new coach, a whole new system, a point guard who is preparing to take the reigns and a bunch of new bench players.

Yes. And we need to treat this game as such. Right now, seeing the "new offense", we could be in for a rough early season. The team is trying, looks like they are running what the coaches have been preaching, but it's a complete 180 for what they've done the last 6 years. Just in the first 10 possessions, not one shot in the post/paint. We move the ball, but we end up going iso in the end. I get it's early, pre-season, what have you....but we have alot of work and learning to go. We look like a fish outta water offensively....This change is so extreme, we're gonna pay early on.

It's because we have no one in the starting 5 that can penetrate and make the defense work except for Joe Johnson. Bibby needs to come off the bench for sure. Nelson was creating on over half the opening plays because he was blowing by Bibby. Now LD has Jamal and Jordan in right now and the Magic Defense is scattering like crazy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

another 30 pt loss to the Magic. I blame Woody.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Man F this crap vs Magic..... It's not fun...... Can we just forfeit their games?

Ha that's what I was thinking earlier tonight as well. What harm could it do! At least our players could get some rest, or more rest than they get from not closing out on defense.