• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Josh Smith Trade Rumors Thread

Guest Squawker

• Moderators

Realistically i think they will let Jamal and Mo walk, hoping that JC2 can fill the void off the bench next season. Smith has a reasonable contract relative to his production. I think the odds of him being traded are pretty long.

This is my view as well.

• Moderators

Here's an interesting name...Roy Hibbert.

I'm waiting to see if this is the first season since he was in high school that Hibbert actually hits the boards like you would expect someone with his size to do.

• Premium Member

I just don't understand this BS! :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Proven A-hole writtes something... and even though initially our posters criticize the idea of trading Smoove... all of sudden everybody starts commin' up with their own ideas where to trade him... without seriously contemplating what would it mean for our team... It seems Smoove is already gone, he just doesn't know it yet! We give up so easy on our own... Damn!

P.S. Hawks are a team made for high-tempo basketball with deep rotation, athleticism, energy, emotion, and finally a coach (that recognizes those strenghts and is not affraid to implement this)... take Smoove out from that equation... and what's left!?

There's no room for loving a player too much. Smoove is great. However, if he and Marvin can help end some of our short comings, I don't know. Why not postulate trade scenerios just to see what we think we need.

If I could trade Marvin for Corey Brewer, that trade would been finished by EOB today!. However, I doubt that that can happen (even though Minny doesn't want Brewer and has money to blow).

http://www.slamonline.com/online/blogs/the-links/2009/06/links-why-the-hawks-arent-trading-josh-smith/

Lang Whitaker says that the Hawks cant trade Josh without his consent. Is this true? Hasn't it been more than

a year since his last contract?

"As a Hawks fan, would I be upset if the Hawks traded Josh Smith? Well, that depends. I like Josh, as a person and as a player, and I’m glad that he’s on my favorite team. But if trading Josh could make the Hawks a better team, then I understand the need to move him. I really don’t care whether or not they trade him, I just care about who or what they would trade him for."

• Like 1

I'm waiting to see if this is the first season since he was in high school that Hibbert actually hits the boards like you would expect someone with his size to do.

So far he has this year, but if its January and he's keeping it up then pull the trigger Sund.

By all means if Sota is willing to give up Flynn, Love, Brewer for Smoove and Marvin you do it.

Really? I don't see anything to be excited about in that trade. I'm not a fan of Flynn or Brewer. And I think replacing Josh with Love is a net loss.

• Like 2

Things are going too well for the Hawks so people have to start these garbage rumors to try to tear apart our team.

Personally I think Josh Smith with his body language has shown that even though he can be a hot head he's always a team first guy. And if we keep winning I don't think he could care less that he's not scoring 15-16 + PPG. With Josh being perhaps a 10/10/4 guy he could be an even more effective player particulary in this new scheme.

http://www.freep.com/article/20101103/SPORTS03/11030388/Are-Pistons-interested-in-trading-for-Hawks-Josh-Smith-or-Clippers-Chris-Kaman-

I want Josh gone more than anyone, but not for Rip Hamilton or Tayshaun Prince.

"The Pistons like Smith -- front office personnel speak openly of getting players who can play above the rim and Smith fits the bill. But it's doubtful they will be able to make any major financial commitments with the team's sale still pending. When the sale becomes official, the Pistons would seriously consider a Hamilton-for-Smith swap as it appears Hamilton needs a change of scenery."

http://www.freep.com/article/20101103/SPORTS03/11030388/Are-Pistons-interested-in-trading-for-Hawks-Josh-Smith-or-Clippers-Chris-Kaman-

I want Josh gone more than anyone, but not for Rip Hamilton or Tayshaun Prince.

"The Pistons like Smith -- front office personnel speak openly of getting players who can play above the rim and Smith fits the bill. But it's doubtful they will be able to make any major financial commitments with the team's sale still pending. When the sale becomes official, the Pistons would seriously consider a Hamilton-for-Smith swap as it appears Hamilton needs a change of scenery."

LOL one of these ridiculous threads wasn't enough?

Let's not even give garbage like this the time of day.

• Like 2

just saw this....

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/hawks_will_shop_smith/3533332

"Payroll Could Mean Hawks Will Shop Smith Nov 02, 2010 8:33 AM EST After signing center Al Horford to a contract extension on Monday, many around the league believe that the Hawks will make forward Josh Smith available via trade at midseason. Horford's new deal won't push Atlanta into luxury tax territory, but they are unlikely to be able to afford either a new deal for Jamal Crawford or a similar-salaried player. A number of teams, including the Knicks, Nets, Pistons and Suns, have shown interest in Smith in the past. Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz149Tz8PQc Would thi1 be one of the "elite" type players we'd consider with the cap space we've worked so hard to acquire? PF isn't really a position of need but he's a dynamic talent. Young, extremely athletic. How would that work with Love and Beasley?"

Edited by JackB1