Good win by the Hawks

macdaddy

• Moderators

Since the only comments this morning about the game were in the game thread I"m starting a new one. Joe's out for a couple months. Stuff happens.

Monster first half by Powell. Again if you're looking for evidence that LD is a good coach he left Powell and Teague in there for extended time because they were getting it done. Let Smoove on the bench because Powell was unconscious. Interview with Powell was hilarious: "Did you make an effort to bring more offense with Joe out?" laughs "No."

Horford was shooting lights out other than that airball. The dude is really looking amazing this season.

Defense was a little spotty but there when we needed it.

Smoove had four turnovers in a row??? did i see that right? That was hard to watch.

Marvin had a decent game but still missed some layups and shots that were just bad.

Memphis isn't a bad team. I'd love to have any of those guys on the Hawks. Gasol makes Al look my size.

So come on Hawks fans. We know you weren't at the game but the guys are playing well. Thoughts?

I was at the game with 3000 other people. I mean it is really sad how empty that arena was.

The four turnovers in a row were terrible to watch live, probably bad on TV too. Josh put a decent number of points on the board even in limited minutes. I was glad to see him get benched for making the boneheaded errors. And how doesn't Marvin get more space with the duck booty?

Rebounding was terrible we just can't box out, period. Zaza has just been awful. Can someone tell me if he was doing little things that matter that I just can't see?

Glad to see Teague get minutes. He actually looked like a real point guard except when he got in the lane and was absolutely stuffed. I think he was pulled at that point which is kinda bad for him confidence wise.

I'm sure everyone thinks this, but JC2 DNP is disappointing.

hawkshomer-

I don't know how you get to the arena, but the downtown connector was pretty awful. Should've been there about 640 and ran in about 710. What people were there were late.

How did JC2 not get major minutes in this game? That was my biggest question, I figured with JJ out that he'd play at least 15-20

hawkshomer-

I don't know how you get to the arena, but the downtown connector was pretty awful. Should've been there about 640 and ran in about 710. What people were there were late.

How did JC2 not get major minutes in this game? That was my biggest question, I figured with JJ out that he'd play at least 15-20

Yeah I hear you with getting there. I got there late, but I blame that on my friend who got home at 645. I usually take Northside to Marietta street and park in the holiday inn express, if traffic is looking bad. Then the key is going through Taco mac instead of through the food court.

Oh one other thing about the game. Mo Evans looked hilarious out there with the starters in the 2nd half. He even pulled a last years Marvin and stood around the 3 pt. line.

Crazy stat game. Check out Mo and Josh's +/-

ESPN Box Score

Few other things...........good thing Memphis played Thabeet and Tony Allen...........

Zaza had a +5 even though he never scored...........

Jason Collins has a perfect stat line

And.........this

Attendance: 11,513

Do you think there was really 11k people there? Looked more like 5k -6k to me.

Powell certainly has been a welcome suprise. He picked a good game to go off.

Smith... w t f was that? Tony Allen was punking him with steal after steal.

Horford's midrange shot is still money but his post game is starting to worry me. It seems like he is reverting back to his old habit of trying to back guys down.

Good thing Bibby has been so hot from 3 this year.

Yeah I hear you with getting there. I got there late, but I blame that on my friend who got home at 645. I usually take Northside to Marietta street and park in the holiday inn express, if traffic is looking bad. Then the key is going through Taco mac instead of through the food court.

Oh one other thing about the game. Mo Evans looked hilarious out there with the starters in the 2nd half. He even pulled a last years Marvin and stood around the 3 pt. line.

Best option by far is to take Northside all the way to the left turn right after the GA Dome. Follow that road down below the arena to the parking lots near where the players and media park.

I go that way to every game and have NEVER been late or stuck in traffic. Anyone who goes thru the middle of town is insane.

Horford's midrange shot is still money but his post game is starting to worry me. It seems like he is reverting back to his old habit of trying to back guys down.

Your joking right? Horford's post game is so much better than it's ever been. That hook shot along the right baseline is awesome and

he has so much confidence now when he gets the ball down low. He only backs guys down once in a while now. His mid range shot has opened

up the rest of his game. Horford is becoming a monster. He will avg 20 per game before too long.

• Like 2

I'd say no more than 6000 were there. I caught two Aarons lucky dogs. The stuffed animals parachuting from the ceiling amuses me to no end. I have 3 cows, and have given several away. I'm like the Roddy White of receiving those.

Tony Allen didn't really steal those, more like it hit him in the hands.

• Like 1

Best option by far is to take Northside all the way to the left turn right after the GA Dome. Follow that road down below the arena to the parking lots near where the players and media park.

I go that way to every game and have NEVER been late or stuck in traffic. Anyone who goes thru the middle of town is insane.

Your joking right? Horford's post game is so much better than it's ever been. That hook shot along the right baseline is awesome and

he has so much confidence now when he gets the ball down low. He only backs guys down once in a while now. His mid range shot has opened

up the rest of his game. Horford is becoming a monster. He will avg 20 per game before too long.

Backing guys down is what has held his offense back for years. He didn't back guys down at all this season until recently. The Griz aren't noted for their interior D. Against other teams Horford's back down game will be a problem like it has been for years.

Good thing Bibby has been so hot from 3 this year.

Finally someone noticed. Bibby has been shooting with 54 FG percentage from three point line this season and he's second in the league right now in this stat. And he's clutch.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Backing guys down is what has held his offense back for years. He didn't back guys down at all this season until recently. The Griz aren't noted for their interior D. Against other teams Horford's back down game will be a problem like it has been for years.

His back to the basket game HAS gotten better though. It is light years better than it was two years ago. That jump hook is going in more and more. If he can become effective at both those parts of his game he should average 20 points easily for us.

It was a very good win for the team. Lots of things to be discouraged by (40 to 28 rebounding difference!- PUKE), But there were things to be encouraged by as well.

Powell- that was a nice showing. We'll need more of that in the future

Teague- wow, that was the best I've seen him play in the NBA. Definately need more of that sort of play going forward. Kid has to rise up now (ooops that the Falcons slogan).

Marvin- need more out of him, but at least he showed up.

Bibby- he's decided to play again. Nice to see something of the Sactown days show up again.

It's going to be an interesting work in progress to see how this team comes together with Johnson out of the lineup.