• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When JJ returns, what's our best starting lineup (for most games)?

Dragitoff

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The lineup without JJ has primarily been a bigger lineup which produced favorable results; however Marvin struggled offensively. My question is what do you all think is our best lineup when Joe returns? I'm not asking what Drew does necessarily. Just wanting everyone's opinion on which lineup makes us better with the existing players we have.

I picked Bibby, Johnson, Smith, Horford and Collins. If you want to do anything come playoff time, you've got to be able to defend inside and rebound effectively and this lineup gives the Hawks the best chance to do that hands down.

So far its 4-0 for that lineup :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I picked Bibby, Johnson, Smith, Horford and Collins. If you want to do anything come playoff time, you've got to be able to defend inside and rebound effectively and this lineup gives the Hawks the best chance to do that hands down.

I picked that as well, but I'm hoping Drew continues to play match ups from here on out.

I don't know about starting. You can only get so much out of Collins for a nice 5 minute stretch, then he's, uhh, Jason Collins. All I know is I prefer Bibby-Craw-Joe when it matters stretching the perimeter at crucial 2nd half junctures. That trio was the main force behind sweeping Boston last year.

Do 20 people think Collins should start or Marvin should come off the bench?

Evidently 20 people think Collins should be starting as there are plenty of other ways to have marvin come off the bench if thats what they want. I can't believe how many people think that a crappy player is a good starter just because he is tall.

Evidently 20 people think Collins should be starting as there are plenty of other ways to have marvin come off the bench if thats what they want. I can't believe how many people think that a crappy player is a good starter just because he is tall.

I know a lot of people can't stand Marvin anymore--myself included--but until we either 1) get a quality starting C not named Horford who can rebound and defend or 2) get a better SF than Marvin, moving Marvin to the bench (although nice in theory) makes little sense.

And seeing Collins start makes me puke. He doesn't rebound well at all, has stone for hands, and forces us to play 4 on 5 offensively. Yeah, he's legit 7 feet and occasionally plays very good positional D...but that's it.

Edited by TheTruth