• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about Larry ?

EazyRoc

The Hawks aren't doing bad, and I understand that we aren't halfway through the season. However, if he's willing to continue coaching, then do you think we should make a move for him if we don't see an improvement from our players halfway through the season ?

• Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say agan it now. YES!

Larry Brown is the only coach that comes to mind that has been able to take Hawks-level talent to the NBA finals, semi's and even a title. And he's done it more than once with three different teams.

I have no problem with the job LD is doing. But would consider to be a Larry Brown a huge upgrade ---- and the Hawks to be a legitimate contender if he were to take over.

CS

He needs to retire.

The game has past him by.

Still a legend though.

You believe that really ?

The thing, recently, that sticks out in my head about the Bobcats is how that team performed against the Magic in last year's playoffs.

You believe that really ?

The thing, recently, that sticks out in my head about the Bobcats is how that team performed against the Magic in last year's playoffs.

Just happened to be a bad match-up for Orlando like us and Milwaukee last year... Larry clown hasn't been a good coach since A.I. Never been a fan tho

Just happened to be a bad match-up for Orlando like us and Milwaukee last year... Larry clown hasn't been a good coach since A.I. Never been a fan tho

You mean when he won the NBA title in Detroit bad?

I'd take that level of failure.

• Premium Member

It's not time to start talking about a new coach yet. If anything, Drew has been better than expected. He's earing his pay. This is coming from someone who wanted to burn down Philips during the off-season for this cheapskate, nickel-dime, coaching hire. He's new and learning, but this team plays better basketball.

The problem we've had, if there is one, is Joe Johnson. His numbers are down across the board and it's not just a matter of him not getting as many shots with the ball movement. JJ is forcing some shots and missing some wide open looks. 17/5/4 isn't bad at all, but we need JJ to be around 20+ shooting better than 40% (26% from behind the arc!!!! Yikes.)

Best thing for LD to do right now is run that ball through the post, through Horford. While JJ is struggling, we need to see how much we can lean on Al's inside/out game (or outside/in...because he is killing with that jumper).

It's not time to start talking about a new coach yet. If anything, Drew has been better than expected. He's earing his pay. This is coming from someone who wanted to burn down Philips during the off-season for this cheapskate, nickel-dime, coaching hire. He's new and learning, but this team plays better basketball.

The problem we've had, if there is one, is Joe Johnson. His numbers are down across the board and it's not just a matter of him not getting as many shots with the ball movement. JJ is forcing some shots and missing some wide open looks. 17/5/4 isn't bad at all, but we need JJ to be around 20+ shooting better than 40% (26% from behind the arc!!!! Yikes.)

Best thing for LD to do right now is run that ball through the post, through Horford. While JJ is struggling, we need to see how much we can lean on Al's inside/out game (or outside/in...because he is killing with that jumper).

I agree with you that it is early to be talking about a coaching change, but I still believe that Larry Brown can maximize rosters and get them to play to their full potential. Larry Drew is performing just as I expected him to as far as record goes, but it seems we're struggling to win against great teams.

"......but it seems we're struggling to win against great teams."

I think pretty much every team struggles to win against great teams. The Hawks don't have a corner on this market.

At the end of the season, the Lakers regular season record will include a blow-out loss in Milwaukee. A home loss to Indiana. And probably a few more that can be added before the season ends. Their record last year included being blown-out in Atlanta and Miami --- and also a Christmas day embarrasment against Cleveland.

Yes, it happens to the Lakers less frequestly than it does the Hawks. But I think the Hawks have been significantly more competitive on the road this season. And have finally seemed to come out of our inexplicable funk at home. I'm cautiously optomistic about our chances for a better playoff showing than we've had the last two years.

The team that doesn't seem penetrable to me is Boston. Road or home --- injuries or healthy --- they just seem less prone to any let-downs than any other team at the moment. No way they do they let Orlando blow them out like San Antonio did tonight, in my opinion.

Dallas may be more of a contrender than anyone believes. Tyson Chandler's presence has really seemed to make a huge difference in their entire mojo. But can he stay healthy?

Sorry, but I just don't buy into the Knicks, Chicago or Miami at present. They're nothing more than big market press hype until proven otherwise --- to me.

Again sorry --- but if Joaquim Noah can possibly be considered a top center in the NBA --- it's a miracle to me that the NBA is still in existence! This guy would likely not even have made an NBA roster in the 70's or 80's!

CS

• Moderators

It is too early to start talking about changing coaches but the game hasn't passed by Brown. He can't be allowed to be a GM, though, and Brown + MJ = failure long-term for a team's personnel management.