• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still Want Melo?

HalfHawk

Now, I understand this is Melo we're talking about, but what the hell are the executives and owners in Denver smoking? They're asking for five, future draft picks and then some, so you tell me, how appetizing does getting in the Carmelo race look now?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets123010

Edited by SmooveZilla

• Premium Member

Absolutely not. I'd be hard pressed to give two #1s for Melo. This just isn't a credible rumor. I don't mean that the source isn't credible, I mean that whoever is putting it out there is only trying to set the market as high as they can... but this one's at the point of unfathomable ridiculousness.

<br />No player is worth that. If they trade for him in a season or two he will be whinning about not having any help. Melo is a piece.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

give them the picks. just make sure they're top 20 or so protected every year!

• Premium Member

You can't trade more than back to back first rounders under the CBA. So them asking for five first rounders is laughable. The only way to do that would be collect three other teams (at least) first rounders as well as your own back to back picks to make that work.

No player in the NBA is worth that.

it would be a four team trade where 2 teams give two picks and 1 team gives 1 pick, plus a young player and an expiring contract. they are not going to get that though. they may get 3 picks. maybe. teams are just going to wait till the trade deadline. unless somebody gets stupid, and with the looming lockout i doubt anybody gets too stupid.

• Premium Member

Now, I understand this is Melo we're talking about, but what the hell are the executives and owners in Denver smoking? They're asking for five, future draft picks and then some, so you tell me, how appetizing does getting in the Carmelo race look now?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets123010

So let's see, the only way that that could happen is that every other year that you have a pick it goes to Denver.

So if we started this year it would be:

2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019.

In 2017, it's doubtful that Melo would even be playing? They want ten years of picks plus for Melo.

For me, I'm not really for getting Melo. I think he's OK, but he's not what we need and he's not a real game changer. Denver has a lot of good peices surrounding Melo, still they haven't been to the 3rd round of the playoffs. No thanks.

Here's what I would do, go after Billups.

So they are essentially asking you to kill the future of your franchise? No thanks on that.

We could aquire more pics later through trades or buy first round

picks from teams that don"t want to add a rookie contract.Like the

Suns