• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bigs that you want?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Let's start this... what Bigs make us betteR?

Kendrick Perkins?

Bargnani?

M. Gasol?

Biedrins?

T. Murphy?

Okafor?

Kaman?

Birdman?

Blatche?

These guys have all been rumored at one time or another to be available and may be cheap. The question is does any of them make us more competitive at the price of either Crawford or Smoove?

Edited by Diesel

Making us better with or without Smoove is a different thing. None of them make us better without Smoove except Bogut and Dwight. With Smoove, we improve with a couple of these guys but the ones that do won't be traded anyway so I'll pass and try to find a sweetheart deal that keeps us under the cap.

Birdman is breaking down and getting up there in years. Troy Murphy has hardly played this year and doesn't bang or play D down low, so he really wouldn't be any help. Those would be the only two I would definitely say no to, but Kaman would probably make that list just since he's been out most of the year too.

• Admin

Let's start this... what Bigs make us betteR?

Kendrick Perkins?

Bargnani?

M. Gasol?

Biedrins?

T. Murphy?

Okafor?

Kaman?

Birdman?

Blatche?

These guys have all been rumored at one time or another to be available and may be cheap. The question is does any of them make us more competitive at the price of either Crawford or Smoove?

I would not deal for any of these guys without another piece being involved. That being said I don't think Bargs or Blatche help us at all. Blatche is a chemistry killer while Bargs is a terrible defender,, has no post game and rebounder.

Murphy, I would like as a player off the bench only if we can get him claimed off of waivers or for something of little value to us.

Okafor would be a good fit...A tough rebounder/defender at cneter letting Horford move to PF...

Birdman...see Murphy

Kamen is so injury prone that I have lost interest in him. He is a nice low post threat though

Biedrins if we can get Curry too. Curry is the guy I want from GS (although I really doubt they will part with him). I wouldn't just give a quality player for Beans

Marc Gasol would be a great pickup but I would be afraid he would leave in the offseason

I don't think Perkins is available. I know Shaq and J O'neal is on the team but Jermaine is done and Shaq is on his last legs.

I saw your trade on Realgm (Gasol/Blake for Smith/Crawford). I actually like this trade and it does make sense for the Lakers only if Bynum can come back healthy and they believe Smith can fit into the triangle (which i doubt).

Man, I'd be all over Perkins (no homo). He's the type of Center we could grab that would actually make sense starting full time at C without losing anything. And I've already stated that I love Gasol.

As for the rest, Okafor is ok, but the rest are just marginal pieces and probably not worth what we would have to give up.

*These statements have been made without regard to their current contract numbers.

At the price we are paying it's tough but I would take Troy Murphy mostly as filler if we could get Kris Humphries to come back with him. He's really impressed me with nearly averaging a double double in only 25 minutes. He's just the type of bench big I wish this team would bother scouting and acquiring rather than wasting time and money on the Joe Smiths and Josh Powells of the world. He's like an actually basketball talented Reggie Evans out there with his toughness, defense and rebounding.

I would not deal for any of these guys without another piece being involved. That being said I don't think Bargs or Blatche help us at all. Blatche is a chemistry killer while Bargs is a terrible defender,, has no post game and rebounder.

Murphy, I would like as a player off the bench only if we can get him claimed off of waivers or for something of little value to us.

Okafor would be a good fit...A tough rebounder/defender at cneter letting Horford move to PF...

Birdman...see Murphy

Kamen is so injury prone that I have lost interest in him. He is a nice low post threat though

Biedrins if we can get Curry too. Curry is the guy I want from GS (although I really doubt they will part with him). I wouldn't just give a quality player for Beans

Marc Gasol would be a great pickup but I would be afraid he would leave in the offseason

I don't think Perkins is available. I know Shaq and J O'neal is on the team but Jermaine is done and Shaq is on his last legs.

I saw your trade on Realgm (Gasol/Blake for Smith/Crawford). I actually like this trade and it does make sense for the Lakers only if Bynum can come back healthy and they believe Smith can fit into the triangle (which i doubt).

At the price we are paying it's tough but I would take Troy Murphy mostly as filler if we could get Kris Humphries to come back with him. He's really impressed me with nearly averaging a double double in only 25 minutes. He's just the type of bench big I wish this team would bother scouting and acquiring rather than wasting time and money on the Joe Smiths and Josh Powells of the world. He's like an actually basketball talented Reggie Evans out there with his toughness, defense and rebounding.

That's funny I mentioned Murphy in another thread I created about two weeks ago and I only remember neg. comments but I really do think the guy could be our starting 5, I mean we still would have collins and zaza to back him up so I say its worth a risk, on the plus side about getting that i know will improve is the offense cause troy has a shot.

That's funny I mentioned Murphy in another thread I created about two weeks ago and I only remember neg. comments but I really do think the guy could be our starting 5, I mean we still would have collins and zaza to back him up so I say its worth a risk, on the plus side about getting that i know will improve is the offense cause troy has a shot.

I mostly see Murphy as filler given Diesel's conditional that we are given up either Jamal or Josh. Humphries is the piece I want but his salary is not large enough to swap with either.

• Moderators

Murphy could be available after being cut this season if NJ doesn't get a real trade done. I wouldn't consider him in a deal for Josh or Jamal unless he was simply a throw-in to acquiring someone worth Josh or Jamal.

Murphy could be available after being cut this season if NJ doesn't get a real trade done. I wouldn't consider him in a deal for Josh or Jamal unless he was simply a throw-in to acquiring someone worth Josh or Jamal.

If only we had some Dallas juice and could have NJ trade us Harris and Humphries for Jamal while also releasing Murphy with him only wishing to sign in Atlanta. :bedtime2:

Haywood for Marvin might be interesting. The length of Haywood's contract is a bit scary though.

Channing Frye might be worth a look seeing as how the Suns have Gortat and he's been playing so well. That would have to be a multiplayer and maybe involve a draft pick to make it worthwhile for the Suns.

I would not trade Smoove for any of those guys but Perkins. Perkins has a HUGE impact on games and defends Howard better then any one in the game. His impact on the game goes much deeper then the box score.

Kaman is a close call. His injury history would force me to turn down a trade for him involving Smoove but I do like Kaman's post skills alot.

I would trade Crawford's expiring, if we had a backup PG, for:

Perkins

Kaman

M. Gasol

Okafor - if he were healthy

Hey, its not my money so what do I care about money ? The problem is the its the ASG's money and they care. I'd be shocked if the ASG allows Sund to flip Crawford's expiring contract for a longer contract since that would = luxury tax.

Another problem is the Hawks roster depth can't afford to trade Crawford for just center. We don't have enough backcourt depth. We would need to package Crawford + filler for C + G just for backcourt depth purposes.

Haywood for Marvin might be interesting. The length of Haywood's contract is a bit scary though.

Channing Frye might be worth a look seeing as how the Suns have Gortat and he's been playing so well. That would have to be a multiplayer and maybe involve a draft pick to make it worthwhile for the Suns.

Probably the most realistic way to get a big, & to be honest, not bad. If we can get their 1rst or cash, if not, still not bad.

• Moderators

Probably the most realistic way to get a big, & to be honest, not bad. If we can get their 1rst or cash, if not, still not bad.

Haywood is signed for this year and 5 years beyond. Color me not interested in using up that much of our limited cap space for that long on a mediocre player who is 31 and on the decline already.

I would not trade Smoove for any of those guys but Perkins. Perkins has a HUGE impact on games and defends Howard better then any one in the game. His impact on the game goes much deeper then the box score.

I would be all about Kendrick Perkins myself, but there is NO fracking way that I would EVER trade Smoove to the Celtics, in fact if we were going to trade him I would prefer to trade him out West if possible. Just the thought of having to face the possibility of going up against a motivated Josh Smith in the playoffs wearing Celtic green, no tanx!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, all things said, I understand how long Heywood is signed and how he is on the decline (supposedly). But he played well last season. He was a double double player when given time. Plus, his defense is not bad. He gets about 2 bpg for his career. The only thing now is that Chandler has decided to play and so Heywood hasn't gotten those minutes that he got last year. I say give him a shot! It's for Marvin.

Here's why:

IN this game, you don't get many shots for championship. We're sitting around saying... yeah and nay about guys who are servicable because we're worried about 2017. Let's worry about now. We;ve needed a big who can rebound and play defense. Haywood can rebound and play defense.