• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quick question for the MOD's

HawkItus

Is there some sort of secret society or social setting for not getting your post moved to the trade section? Not to be a squeaky wheel, but I've posted trade discussions about Hawks players and promptly had my post moved to the trade section. On the other hand I see similiar threads started by more prominent members that are allowed to stay in the Homecourt main section What gives? If its just a prestige thing fine, but can we get some clearly defined guidelines as to who those people are and why they are afforded this luxury? Thanks.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I've been saying the same thing for awhile. It really seems arbitrary which threads get moved to the Trade Idea section and which remain here.

Is there some sort of secret society or social setting for not getting your post moved to the trade section? Not to be a squeaky wheel, but I've posted trade discussions about Hawks players and promptly had my post moved to the trade section. On the other hand I see similiar threads started by more prominent members that are allowed to stay in the Homecourt main section What gives? If its just a prestige thing fine, but can we get some clearly defined guidelines as to who those people are and why they are afforded this luxury? Thanks.

Huh, what are you suggesting with this post lo!l? :magnifier:

• Premium Member

I'm with you 100%. However, I've never seen a "Question for the Mods" thread end well.

• Premium Member

There should be some threads on the main page at all times to have some talk about possible trades. Not sure if that is arbitrarily enforced or not but it seems we have a lot of posts from one guy in particular about various trade scenarios.

It seems the closer we get to the trade deadline the more the lax the enforcement. I understand easing up on the rule when we are less then a month away from the trade deadline.

Perhaps the "rule" should just be enforced the other 11 months out of the year. Heck, nba.com's home page as a trade countdown ticker on it since there is so much conversation on NBA trades as long as it does not get too over saturated.

Certain posters either have some link from some kid's yahoo account or their inside "source" to get away with it because it's a "possible" trade and another gets away with it because they disguise it as not necessarily a trade scenario but rather a philosophical debate as to how the trade would affect the collective psyche of the proletariat. It would be either a player X vs. Y thread or posed as a question as to what player(s) the Squawk would like to see in a Hawks uniform. Notice it's not just "Melo for Pape Sy" but rather "If Melo was available..."

Subtle as a mo' f***er.

• Moderators

As a general rule, any Hawks' related reported trade rumors are allowed to be discussed in this forum along with general discussions about players (i.e., "Is Teague someone we should try to trade or someone we should count on for the future") or team needs ("We need a shotblocking big man but is that possible given the players likely to be aviailable and our assets and cap structure?"). Specific trades (i.e., "How about Players X & Y for Players A & B") are supposed to be on the trade forum, although they inevitably come up in some of the broader threads. I am sure there has been and will be enough in the way of trade discussions that things won't be perfectly consistent among the moderators. Feel free to PM one of us to discuss.

As a general rule, everyone should PM a moderator before starting a public thread on whatever moderating issue you'd like to discuss.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

Just to add to what AHF said I can absolutely assure you all that there is no "secret society" nor is there any intentional preferential treatment that is given to anyone. You have to keep in mind that there are only 3 of us now that Mrhonline isn't around much anymore and we all work full-time jobs so it's difficult to keep up with every thread and as was previously mentioned in the thread there are some that are worded in a way where it seems like the post should stay in the main forum but for the most part we try and move those "cleverly created" threads.

And as AHF mentioned if you have any moderator questions please bring them up via PM to myself, AHF or GSUTEKE and we'll be happy to answer them.