Ramon Sessions rumor?

MrNique

According to Hollinger's PER formula in the trade machine, Evans/Teague for Sessions increases our win total +10. I know those numbers are far from absolute but i think it is a definite indicator of how much better this team would be with more efficient PG play. I would include a draft pick to get this deal donde. We have one off the best trios in the NBA. Getting a PG that can drive and dish would help make their life much easier.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS
  • Like 1

How is his defense though? That's sort of the million dollar question, or at least it should be.

Exactly no star needed. An check out this video. First off I know it's too early to judge a player and how he will do wit the hawks but lets get real here people in this video Ramon Sessions besides being pretty good already, when he was still on the bucks he had 24 assist against the bulls! There is no way in hell that 24 assist can be a fluke. This man has RONDO potential! Yes RONDO potential if he gets to a good team he can become a star. An Im standing by that strong!

The 24 assists, that's a good find. I did not realize that.

How is his defense though? That's sort of the million dollar question, or at least it should be.

The 24 assists, that's a good find. I did not realize that.

His defense is good man not decent but good. I have a cousin that love the bucks and at that time when sessions was still on the team that was one of the first things people sensed about his game. He has quick feet and is able to keep his man in front of him. I been watching him since he had that break out year wit the bucks and to be honest they prob should have kept him! dont get me wrong jennings is good but sessions is has a def game to bring to the table.

If your impressed by the 24 assist than let's impress you more! This season so far in Feb. Sessions has been very consistent. Getting him is a steal! check it out:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ramon_sessions/game_by_game_stats.html

His defense is good man not decent but good. I have a cousin that love the bucks and at that time when sessions was still on the team that was one of the first things people sensed about his game. He has quick feet and is able to keep his man in front of him. I been watching him since he had that break out year wit the bucks and to be honest they prob should have kept him! dont get me wrong jennings is good but sessions is has a def game to bring to the table.

If your impressed by the 24 assist than let's impress you more! This season so far in Feb. Sessions has been very consistent. Getting him is a steal! check it out:

impressive smh at the people saying hes not an upgrade over bibby or teague

I don't see what Sessions would do for this team that would make a noticeable improvement over Bibby.

I can't believe you got negged for this. +1

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Trust me I was gobsmacked he wasn't. Synergy has people who rate every possession so its not just a stat driven deal btw. I don't see how any point guard could be worse defensively than Bibby. I just can't.

Bibby will get driven by at will, but he at least makes an effort to funnel his man towards the off hand and/or towards the help. A truly depressing number of PGs don't. Sessions is one of them. With him, it seems to be more about effort than ability. And I'd frankly rather have the slow guy who gives a damn than the quick guy who doesn't.

That being said, I'm willing to try anything at this point to jolt the team out of its torpor.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

Well it certainly couldn't hurt that he did receive a year's tutelage under Scott Skiles, cause if there were ever a coach born to mentor young point guards, that would be him.

Bibby will get driven by at will, but he at least makes an effort to funnel his man towards the off hand and/or towards the help. A truly depressing number of PGs don't. Sessions is one of them. With him, it seems to be more about effort than ability. And I'd frankly rather have the slow guy who gives a damn than the quick guy who doesn't.

That being said, I'm willing to try anything at this point to jolt the team out of its torpor.

Sessions is a scrub. Have you even watched Sessions. LOL, I rather have Ridnour. Even the Knicks know that Sessions isn't an upgrade at backup PG for them and their backup PG is worst than Bibby.

Since Jan 13 , 2011

He has averaged 16.5 points per game w/ 7.6 assist a game..

Sounds like he is starting to come into his own to me.

Since Jan 13 , 2011

He has averaged 16.5 points per game w/ 7.6 assist a game..

Sounds like he is starting to come into his own to me.

That is a 16 game stretch..

EDIT:...

Sessions W/L record and his impact level on better team have been abysmal. He's Jose C. pt 2 but even much worst. His record is horrible (3-21) when he start for the Cavs. Even many coaches and Mike Brown said that when they got Mo Williams back, they got a PG back who can win games. This is so damn stupid. I am done with the Hawks if this ever thread surface. Even trading value like Teague would be dumb this situation. In the games he started and won, he got the least amount of minutes and his stats were horrible. His assist high was 8 v. Philly in one win. 3 and 5 in the other games and his minutes were worst than Mo Williams in the lost v. LAC and Mo finished the 4th qt and OT as the PG.

Remon Sessions is a scrub. A true scrub. Nothing about his game is attractive outside of his speed and that's only at times. This guy isn't much better than Bibby and Teague should be better than him in a year or two. A solid backup PG but not one who should start for a playoff team. You guys have lost my respect in this one. Sessions. I understand Harris or Brooks because we do get better, just not enough to contend which is my issue as well as their price tag is too high or they aren't available.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

So Cleveland has a young guy who is suddenly looking like he might be a player. I don't think the price will be that cheap. On a related note, does anyone else think moving Marvin to the bench was a test to see if Josh could handle SF, ie, is Marvin the trade piece? Crawford in Cleveland makes no sense.

Negged me, I don't care since these negs show on how dumb you idiots are, not me. No one in the NBA thinks the stupid s**t you guys think. No one. Ramon Sessions???? WTF. You guys are going back to HS 2007 with saying really stupid stuff again.

Sessions W/L record and his impact level on better team have been abysmal. He's Jose C. pt 2 but even much worst. His record is horrible (3-21) when he start for the Cavs. Even many coaches and Mike Brown said that when they got Mo Williams back, they got a PG back who can win games. This is so damn stupid. I am done with the Hawks if this ever thread surface. Even trading value like Teague would be dumb this situation. In the games he started and won, he got the least amount of minutes and his stats were horrible. His assist high was 8 v. Philly in one win. 3 and 5 in the other games and his minutes were worst than Mo Williams in the lost v. LAC and Mo finished the 4th qt and OT as the PG.

Remon Sessions is a scrub. A true scrub. Nothing about his game is attractive outside of his speed and that's only at times. This guy isn't much better than Bibby and Teague should be better than him in a year or two. A solid backup PG but not one who should start for a playoff team. You guys have lost my respect in this one. Sessions. I understand Harris or Brooks because we do get better, just not enough to contend which is my issue as well as their price tag is too high or they aren't available.

What is Clevelands record overall??? You make 3-21 sound out of norm! LOL

Their record is 9-46! 9 and 46 !

EDIT:...

883561-217201121545am.jpg

927274-217201121816am.jpg

Edited by marion706
  • Like 2

What is Clevelands record overall??? You make 3-21 sound out of norm! LOL

Their record is 9-46! 9 and 46 !

Their overall play has been much worst with Sessions than when Mo Williams was healthy. Mo Williams isn't even the upgrade that we need and he's a much bigger upgrade over Sessions. If we get Sessions, what is it for. A backup who's better than Teague. That's my issue. I see nothing wrong with getting someone who is raw and his potential like an Anthony Randolph or Hasheem Thabeet but guys like Sessions are a commonplace and aren't upgrades. Just more of the same like the Bimbo Coles, Emmanuel Davis, Anthony Johnson, and Tyronn Lue who is far more proven than Ramon Sessions.

883561-217201121545am.jpg

927274-217201121816am.jpg

One is the 6th scoring option and really not even an option on a top 12 team and the other is on the worst team in the league. Comparing stats is oranges to apples in this case.

Compare KG stats last season to David Lee stats last season.

You guys have really lost my respect, this is much worst than my crappy Josh Smith thread. That was done out of anger from watching this team play. This is just done out of stupidity. Sessions???? What's next? Bring Anthony Johnson back?

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Their overall play has been much worst with Sessions than when Mo Williams was healthy. Mo Williams isn't even the upgrade that we need and he's a much bigger upgrade over Sessions. If we get Sessions, what is it for. A backup who's better than Teague. That's my issue. I see nothing wrong with getting someone who is raw and his potential like an Anthony Randolph or Hasheem Thabeet but guys like Sessions are a commonplace and aren't upgrades. Just more of the same like the Bimbo Coles, Emmanuel Davis, Anthony Johnson, and Tyronn Lue who is far more proven than Ramon Sessions.

One is the 6th scoring option and really not even an option on a top 12 team and the other is on the worst team in the league. Comparing stats is oranges to apples in this case.

Compare KG stats last season to David Lee stats last season.

You guys have really lost my respect, this is much worst than my crappy Josh Smith thread. That was done out of anger from watching this team play. This is just done out of stupidity. Sessions???? What's next? Bring Anthony Johnson back?

LOL...Im really surprised at you nbasuperstar40!....You really do think sessions is a scrub huh? well I wont argue even though many including me think differently but I will say this.....How you feel about sessions is how I feel about Bibby. You say sessions is all quickness and speed. I say bibby is nothing but a jumper and if it's off he nothing but a extra body where as Sessions can use that quickness and speed to penetrate the lane like he does which we badly need! Just out of curiosity who do you think we can go after for pg realitiscally?

I can't believe you got negged for this. +1

"I don't see what Sessions would do for this team that would make a noticeable improvement over Bibby."

That was an ignorant statement Supe. Sessions plays the exact opposite of Bibby.

Edited by GameTime

"I don't see what Sessions would do for this team that would make a noticeable improvement over Bibby."

That was an ignorant statement Supe. Sessions plays the exact opposite of Bibby.

agreed....very ignorant to suggest sessions is a bum!