• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ramon Sessions rumor?

MrNique

LOL...Im really surprised at you nbasuperstar40!....You really do think sessions is a scrub huh? well I wont argue even though many including me think differently but I will say this.....How you feel about sessions is how I feel about Bibby. You say sessions is all quickness and speed. I say bibby is nothing but a jumper and if it's off he nothing but a extra body where as Sessions can use that quickness and speed to penetrate the lane like he does which we badly need! Just out of curiosity who do you think we can go after for pg realitiscally?

I think Bibby is a bad PG too. I think too many here are thinking I am for Bibby starting. I am not for Bibby starting. Haven't been for two years and one of the loudest speakers of the PG position is weak and bench Bibby. I am v. thinking Sessions is an upgrade. I think Mo Williams is an upgrade. Is he the need for us which puts us in contention? No, but he is a major upgrade. Nash is the player who we can contend with.

Andre Miller is one example. He's an major upgrade. It will cost us but he's an upgrade that "fits". I don't look at Sessions as an upgrade. Never have when he was mention. He's in the same boat with Anthony Johnson, Tyronn Lue, and those types. You really want a younger Lue just to bench Bibby and it would cost us money and potentially a talent like Teague. That's a tough pill to swallow. I just can't even conceive the notion my friend.

"I don't see what Sessions would do for this team that would make a noticeable improvement over Bibby."

That was an ignorant statement Supe. Sessions plays the exact opposite of Bibby.

Same overall player, different skill-set. Wow, I am clamored over the potential of either one as a starting PG.

• Like 1

i have to say i'm somewhere between nire and nbasuper*.

this team needs a shake up to draw it out of its sleepwalking, and a new pg will certainly help that. however, sessions isn't nash, and i think many of you are drooling more than what he deserves. dude will make us better, but he's not going to get us past the second round, and isn't that what we really want to be doing here? he's a decent player, a good backup pg, but he's not a starting pg for a team wanting to sniff the conference finals. i won't be upset if we get him, but i'm not going to jump out of my seat over the guy. nash and miller are both much older, but they are both much better players that could take us farther this season and next if we keep them. i know it'll cost more to get nash or miller than sessions, but if you really want to do something big enough to take you to the next level, then you gotta grow a pair and just go for it. stop trying to do minor tune ups when you need a whole new engine.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I like JTeague/Mo for Sessions, I hope Cleveland goes that way but I have doubts.

Cleveland wants more talent and may not be able to get FAs.

Here's a possible counter....

Sessions/Parker for Marvin/First 2011.

More than Likely, Byron Scott can find Marvin. A 2011 first however is adequate compensation. They give up Sessions, but they still have Mo Williams who is the heart of Cleveland right now. During his injury, Cleveland didn't win. That's with Sessions. When he came back, they have been winning. Even tonight (although he didn't play it all). In the draft, you can bet that Cleveland would rather go after PGs than SF that high. With all the hype on Sullinger, if I'm Cleveland, I'm taking Irving. Then looking for a prospect with the Hawks pick.

I think Bibby is a bad PG too. I think too many here are thinking I am for Bibby starting. I am not for Bibby starting. Haven't been for two years and one of the loudest speakers of the PG position is weak and bench Bibby. I am v. thinking Sessions is an upgrade. I think Mo Williams is an upgrade. Is he the need for us which puts us in contention? No, but he is a major upgrade. Nash is the player who we can contend with.

Andre Miller is one example. He's an major upgrade. It will cost us but he's an upgrade that "fits". I don't look at Sessions as an upgrade. Never have when he was mention. He's in the same boat with Anthony Johnson, Tyronn Lue, and those types. You really want a younger Lue just to bench Bibby and it would cost us money and potentially a talent like Teague. That's a tough pill to swallow. I just can't even conceive the notion my friend.

Thats the point my friend. Realistically we know the ASG or Sund wont pull the trigger for a player like nash or andre because they are cheap. They may be willing to pay over the lux tax a little but not alot. So sessions is a perfect player to try to get he's not too expensive and wont cost the ASG BIG money like nash or andre will. Then Sessions has a upside to him. this guy does things on the court and it shouldnt be overlooked. i can see Sessions coming here before Nash or Andre only because we know how the ASG and Sund are.[

• Like 1

Sessions is not only a realistic player from the Hawks financial perspective (do we really want to pay another mid-late draft pick?) but I see him as a good fit. IF doable with Teague/Evans or a 1st rder (preferably not bothTeague AND a 1st).

However, I don't think this happens for Cleveland. Mo Williams injured himself last night (ankle) and Sessions may be too hot. Cleveland would trade Mo or Daniel 1st IMO. We'll see.

The main reason I like this deal as stated earlier? It allows us to strengthen our bench by moving Bibby there AND in doing so allows us to shop Crawford for a center.

W

Thats the point my friend. Realistically we know the ASG or Sund wont pull the trigger for a player like nash or andre because they are cheap. They may be willing to pay over the lux tax a little but not alot. So sessions is a perfect player to try to get he's not too expensive and wont cost the ASG BIG money like nash or andre will. Then Sessions has a upside to him. this guy does things on the court and it shouldnt be overlooked. i can see Sessions coming here before Nash or Andre only because we know how the ASG and Sund are.[

Yeah, this ppl think Sund can bring here Nash, Miller, Paul, Deron, Curry, Harris or a guy that sparks in the sunlight like Edward Cullen. Stop dreaming, guys like Sessions are what we can get at best.. Anything over Bibby, anything.

• Like 1