• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would a PHX victory suck you back in?

NineOhTheRino

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I think this is a well orchestrated plan by the Hawks players and FO to keep us fans talking about the team. Awful loss fallowed by a string of victories over horrible to mediocre teams. Honestly the product itself is as dull as beige paint so what better way to keep fans interested.

In the words of a former Hawks coaching guru, "The s**t works!."

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Gonna be a loss anyway. The team has come together and decided they will not ask for help. If Sund and the ASG does not see they need help they could care less. It's like snitching, if they say we need a trade they almost have to point out who needs to be traded and they are not going to do that. It's all on Sund and ASG, which means we are moving closer to the lottery than being a contender. Has that not been the obvious trend since Knight's last deal to get Bibby? Jamal's deal and trade was way overrated.

I was looking to go to another Hawks game this year with my girl, but I refuse to go to another game until the Hawks show me they are committed to getting better by making some tangible moves to push this team over a hump that has largely been self-imposed by its cheap ownership and a history of terrible GMs.

In other words, I won't care two flips either way whether we win or get blown out again tonight. I'm over it.

I hate to say it, but I see PHO blowing these guys out of the water tonight. They are the smarter, deeper, more talented team. There record is bad but they haven't been getting blown out like we have this year. I think it ends up 113-93 or somewhere in that area. This team has no grit and will likely fold when PHO pushes the tempo.

• Premium Member

I expect that we'll lose this game, although I'm hoping it won't be another blowout. My hope is that the players are intentionally tanking to try and force a trade and that they aren't actually as bad as they've looked lately.

glad to see I wasn't the only one that spotted the brilliance in Josh Smith's game last night. C'mon...I doubt Stevie Wonder could have made worse passes.

and that should be a sign to Sund that this group is not worthy. Blow it up!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

We should beat Phoneix but it will make zero difference either to ownership or the fans what happens in this game. And it shouldn't. The issues with the team are apparent and don't change with one road game either way.

I am rooting for us to win. We gain nothing form a loss.

I root for the team to win no matter what (unless it were some situation where we were *so* bad as to be playing for a top pick or something like that. At that point I might be in favor of tanking it a little bit), but I'm not going to get 'sucked back in' by a victory over Phoenix or anyone else at this point, and by sucked back in I mean a victory over Phoenix or anyone else would not turn me into a believer that we're even anywhere close to being legitimate contenders. Let's face it, we've had some quality wins so far this season, chiefly the blowout at Utah and the road win against Miami despite the fact that we were minus Horford, but none of those quality wins change the simple fact that we are a seriously flawed team and will remain so until we're able to find ourselves some help at the PG and C positions, and all our flaws will be exposed once again in the playoffs, as every team's faults inevitably are. So no...