• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Zaza not playing because he is on the trading block

capstone21

• Premium Member

Cleveland is the intriguing common denominator of the night... if CHA and POR deal has fallen through, CLE reportedly was standing next in-line... and... CLE had been misunderstood at first to be a third team in the Hinrich deal... so, you wonder if whatever is stirring might either involve us competing with CLE or cooperating as a third team in some way.

Cleveland is the intriguing common denominator of the night... if CHA and POR deal has fallen through, CLE reportedly was standing next in-line... and... CLE had been misunderstood at first to be a third team in the Hinrich deal... so, you wonder if whatever is stirring might either involve us competing with CLE or cooperating as a third team in some way.

CLE/ATL

I don't like S-Jax contract but he's tradeable compared to Marvin next year if we blow it up. Just as long as Smith is not that deal.

• Premium Member

Sup, 99.9998% of trades proposed aren't happening. Few of us are so clueless as to think we could predict a trade, so spare me your "not happening." That's practically a given.

But your reasoning is shallow... not that you aren't correct about the luxury tax, and not that ASG has not been adamant all along that they will only go into luxtax territory for a player that puts the roster over the top... all of that is documented.

I say the reasoning is shallow, however, because more recently its been reported that ASG would be willing to go slightly over the cap... and further, with this particular trade idea, it's important to note that the team reduces payroll by ~3 mil for the two seasons beyond this one, which offsets to some degree any current downside... and further beyond that, if one invests some time in researching what centers best neutralize Dwight, near the top of that list is former Hawk Nazr Mohammed. And taken together with the Hinrich addition, this becomes a pretty stout defensive team for 2011.

But all in all, not really worth investing much time in debating, regardless, so I won't say anything more.

Edited by sturt
  • Like 1

Boy - No one here thinks Zaza has ANY value.

If we do trade Zaza, please don't come on here and say "Hawks got beat on that deal."

If he has no value, it shouldn't matter who or what the Hawks get in return.

:help wanted:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

probably has more to do with Zaza sucking at playing

I hope LD gets fired soon. I think the lack of production from the bench starts with LD. Horrible coach! Woody had Zaza playing at an much higher level.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Zaza plays very hard for us and I appreciate that BUT he doesn't have the talent to make us better. He has hands of absolute stone.

complete train wreck on offense...If he's not giving 100% effort rebounding he's useless.

Edited by NineOhTheRino