• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dear Mike Woodson, I'm truly sorry.

MVP23

Woody should have never been fired anyone who knows sports knows that. Bibby was the same last year and we did not have a C last year. Nothing has changed. The guy won with obvious weaknesses that anyone can see from the get-go. Woody is tenfold better than Drew.

So because the team struggles under Drew that suddenly erases all of the miserable (historically and nationally-televised miserable) losses under Woodson? Woodson had to go. We could lose every game the rest of the season and that fact wouldn't change.

Plus we're only 3 losses behind last season with the adjustments and many more injuries. And we haven't played the most important part of the season - the playoffs - where Woodson's Hawks were a colossal failure. The Hawks have already beaten the Magic twice after having a point differential of about -500 against them the last couple of seasons.

I have never been on the Drew bandwagon, but I'm going to at least give him an entire season before I curse him. Woodson got 6 years to prove he couldn't get it done.

• Like 2

So because the team struggles under Drew that suddenly erases all of the miserable (historically and nationally-televised miserable) losses under Woodson? Woodson had to go. We could lose every game the rest of the season and that fact wouldn't change.

Plus we're only 3 losses behind last season with the adjustments and many more injuries. And we haven't played the most important part of the season - the playoffs - where Woodson's Hawks were a colossal failure. The Hawks have already beaten the Magic twice after having a point differential of about -500 against them the last couple of seasons.

I have never been on the Drew bandwagon, but I'm going to at least give him an entire season before I curse him. Woodson got 6 years to prove he couldn't get it done.

We improved every singe season Under Woody...from 13 to 53. There are many other teams in the NBA that haven't been heard of in that same span.

• Premium Member

Mike Woodson...lol What would be a good analogy....

Mike Woodson was like having a 3rd arm that just randomly slaps you in the face every 5 minutes or so... Annoying, predictable, useless, painful to deal with...and so counter-productive. It is laughable that people want to apologize to him or make excuses for him even today.

I'm sorry man...but that dude had to GO man. I'm sorry. If for nothing but the sake of change, the dude had to go. Seriously. Like...how long did he need to stay here and run this no offense/wacky defense until we fired him?

7 years? 8 years? Twenty something years like Sloan? I mean...the turnover rate for VERY GOOD coaches in this league is like half that time. Good God man...................

I'd rather eat his shaved eyebrow hairs than stomach another season of ISO joe offense.

I'd rather get punched in the nuts every morning...

I'd rather...OH MY GOD...I'd rather listen to Billy Knight for 24 hours straight...giving standard answers.

I'd rather gnaw my own goddamned face off...than see that son of a b*tch anywhere near our sidelines....

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 1

We improved every singe season Under Woody...from 13 to 53. There are many other teams in the NBA that haven't been heard of in that same span.

Give me a break with that pointless overused stat. When you start at 13 there's no where to go but up. Those "improvements" coincided with young lottery picks making their natural progression and the addition of a couple of veterans who needed no coaching. Only two winning seasons in six years in an extremely weak conference is nothing to hang your hat on, especially when all of those regular season wins were more than offset by the playoff failures.

Mike Woodson...lol What would be a good analogy....

Mike Woodson was like having a 3rd arm that just randomly slaps you in the face every 5 minutes or so... Annoying, predictable, useless, painful to deal with...and so counter-productive. It is laughable that people want to apologize to him or make excuses for him even today.

I'm sorry man...but that dude had to GO man. I'm sorry. If for nothing but the sake of change, the dude had to go. Seriously. Like...how long did he need to stay here and run this no offense/wacky defense until we fired him?

7 years? 8 years? Twenty something years like Sloan? I mean...the turnover rate for VERY GOOD coaches in this league is like half that time. Good God man...................

I'd rather eat his shaved eyebrow hairs than stomach another season of ISO joe offense.

I'd rather get punched in the nuts every morning...

I'd rather...OH MY GOD...I'd rather listen to Billy Knight for 24 hours straight...giving standard answers.

I'd rather gnaw my own goddamned face off...than see that son of a b*tch anywhere near our sidelines....

ISO Joe. Well Joe still falls into it. It is as if he forgets the offense and reverts back. Well Woody does/did know this bunch. He knew the limitations. He knew Joe may be challenged to have much strategy in his game. He kept it simple for the simple and Still Won a ton of games with AAU talent and with no C or PG and with no "on court" leadership.

Having said, either Woody had to go or players had to go. ASG did the Lazy thing. Drew does not have control of these guys.

• Premium Member

Honestly Woody was a mediocre coach. Still it makes NO sense to hire a bad coach to replace a mediocre one. He's the same coach that installed the offense you fired Woody for running. Dumb!

Edited by NineOhTheRino