• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Drew allowing Crawford to play the point?

JackB1

Why the heck did we get Hinrich if we aren't going to use him as the PG? Crawford seems to have the green light from Drew to

do whatever he wants. Hinrich needs to bring the ball up and run the show from the point. It looks like Crawford thinks this is his

chance now with Bibby gone to make his play for PG. Crawford is much better as a spot up, catch and shoot player. It's frustrating

to watch HInrich running around in the corner and not get the ball. We used to have this problem with Joe dribbling too much and

wasting the clock and now Crawford is doing the same.

• Premium Member

I'd like to think we'll see a lot of things change over the next half-dozen games... Hinrich simply needs some time before he's well-versed in how to QB this offense, so I think for now it's just something we have to live with.

• Like 1

Probably because Hinrich doesn't know the offense or his teammates yet. Not that it was a great pass from Smith last night but that one where Smith threw it back across the court apparently Hinrich was supposed to be in a certain spot but he wasn't and it caused a TO and I suspect that it's going to take a bit for Hinrich to learn LD's offense and he's going to need to some help from JC and JJ when he's on the floor until he learns it. Keep in mind that it's a lot easier to contribute as the SG than it is as a PG and Hinrich has a lot of experience playing SG anyway so he can do that without hurting us until he's ready to run the point.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

doesn't know the offense???

The "offense" only has 2 plays:

Iso-Joe-Dribble and Iso-Jamal-Globetrotter.

• Like 1

I'd like to think we'll see a lot of things change over the next half-dozen games... Hinrich simply needs some time before he's well-versed in how to QB this offense, so I think for now it's just something we have to live with.

So Crawford's better at it for now?

• Premium Member

LD is doing a poor coaching Job and I'm surprised he's not being criticize more by fans and the media. That near 4th quarter collapse last night was all LD. Why are these guys not getting to the FT line to closeout games? Why is Jamal taking circus shot after circus shot when he is clearly the best driver on the floor?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Read a lot of this in the chat and I find it overblown some for a couple of reasons

1) Kirk has had about 1 practice, a couple shootarounds and games to pick up our offense

2) our offense doesn't require the ball to be in the PGs hands much to begin with

3) Jamal's skill lies in his ability to create his offense off the dribble this requires him to have the ball in his hands.

People were making so much of a stink out of him bringing the ball up court therefore designating him the "point" when in actuality that doesn't make Kobe, Lebron, KD, Joe, Roy or any other primary scorer the PG when they themselves bring the ball up or primarily keep it in their hands. It's just an extension of how he scores, Joe gets position in the post or comes off a pin down to get into his 1 on 1 situations whereas Jamal has to go off picks while dribbling. Perhaps people had the wrong impression of Hinrich when we picked him up but he is not a Steve Nash type ball dominator, he's Bibby with defense and it's doubtful the offense changes entirely around him.

• Premium Member

LD is doing a poor coaching Job and I'm surprised he's not being criticize more by fans and the media. That near 4th quarter collapse last night was all LD. Why are these guys not getting to the FT line to closeout games? Why is Jamal taking circus shot after circus shot when he is clearly the best driver on the floor?

I'm not ordinarily one to jump on the kill-the-coach bandwagon, but the point is valid. That shouldn't happen on Friday night, and then again on Sunday night. Something should have happened between the two games to prevent it.

Probably because Hinrich doesn't know the offense or his teammates yet. Not that it was a great pass from Smith last night but that one where Smith threw it back across the court apparently Hinrich was supposed to be in a certain spot but he wasn't and it caused a TO and I suspect that it's going to take a bit for Hinrich to learn LD's offense and he's going to need to some help from JC and JJ when he's on the floor until he learns it. Keep in mind that it's a lot easier to contribute as the SG than it is as a PG and Hinrich has a lot of experience playing SG anyway so he can do that without hurting us until he's ready to run the point.

If that play was designed for Josh to dribble into trouble, leave his feet and make a desperation cross-court pass...well then the coach is to blame.

I did notice at times last night the KH was doing an excellent job of moving without the ball, but Josh, Joe and Jamal appear to not be able to move the ball effectively. Especially out of double teams. They will need to be more aware that KH is cutting and getting to open spots, which I assume they aren't used to yet.

This is a horrible yet hate thread. Hinrich has only probably had 1 practice and we want to see him come out and run the team like he's been here all season long! Get real! everybody in the NBA is human. Hinrich has a high BBIQ, very high at that. At this time he's just trying to learn the offense. Defensively he's great so far. Come on now guys all of you know that we are having games almost every other day. There is no way Hinrich learns LD offense that quick. LD is smart not to just throw him out there! Give Hinrich some time he just got here FRIDAY and stop critizing LD he has his team playing good after the last 2 games!......where is the respect!

thank you somebody said it for me.....+1

If that play was designed for Josh to dribble into trouble, leave his feet and make a desperation cross-court pass...well then the coach is to blame.

I did notice at times last night the KH was doing an excellent job of moving without the ball, but Josh, Joe and Jamal appear to not be able to move the ball effectively. Especially out of double teams. They will need to be more aware that KH is cutting and getting to open spots, which I assume they aren't used to yet.

I'm not saying that was a designed play, simply that Hinrich was apparently supposed to be in a certain spot and wasn't and when Smith tried to make that ridiculous pass it ended up being a TO.

And yes I've also noticed that Hinrich is the only one who moves without the ball so consistently, but give him time and he'll settle into being comfortable not doing that like our other guys have ... at least I hope so, wouldn't want that to become contagious or anything.

Honestly, reputation proceeds you and Hinrich is known as a combo guard so I am not the bit surprised. As long as he keeps Jamal off the floor with Teague I am fine. Kirk is what he is but I don't want to see Teague turn into that also. As for why LD is doing this it is simple. He learned it from last years head coach when he was the assistant coach, nothing wrong with playing Jamal as the primary ball handler if you ask Woody or Drew. Drew should have never been hired and this is not the only or main reason.

Edited by Superiorblogman

Read a lot of this in the chat and I find it overblown some for a couple of reasons

1) Kirk has had about 1 practice, a couple shootarounds and games to pick up our offense

2) our offense doesn't require the ball to be in the PGs hands much to begin with

3) Jamal's skill lies in his ability to create his offense off the dribble this requires him to have the ball in his hands.

People were making so much of a stink out of him bringing the ball up court therefore designating him the "point" when in actuality that doesn't make Kobe, Lebron, KD, Joe, Roy or any other primary scorer the PG when they themselves bring the ball up or primarily keep it in their hands. It's just an extension of how he scores, Joe gets position in the post or comes off a pin down to get into his 1 on 1 situations whereas Jamal has to go off picks while dribbling. Perhaps people had the wrong impression of Hinrich when we picked him up but he is not a Steve Nash type ball dominator, he's Bibby with defense and it's doubtful the offense changes entirely around him.

Thank you its dizzying how many times Ive said the exact same thing in the past 24 hours .

I said before this trade happened that unless we got a ALL NBA PG that it didnt matter who the guy he is not gonna be a full time ballhandler we dont need one and its now how our teams works because we have simply too many guys who likes to handle the ball anyway. Josh ,Joe ,Al Marvin will all take the ball and push it .

Jamal had 6 tos but none of them had anything to do with being a pg they were just bad passes a couple of which occurred AFTER someone else brought the ball up .

I recall the last one being a dumb bounce pass under our own basket

I recall one where he got a offensive rebound and the guy ran him over and knocked the ball loose and the was no call

I recall a offensive foul

these things had nothing to do with being the pg .Ive never seen such whining on who brings the ball up when on our team it doesnt really matter when the ball is usually going to wing for either an isolation or a postup

If you are looking for some CP3,Rose ,Dwill,Nash,Rondo type of ball domination well you are watching the wrong lol

• Like 1