• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well Its Official, Bibby is Now A Member Of The..........

CODHAWKSFAN

Great move by Miami. I think Bibby's BBIQ will enhance their team considerably. They simply needed a better passer than Carlos Arroyo to get the ball to LeBron and Wade in the proper spots at the right times, and I think Bibby has the savvy to do so without hurting them too much defensively in 20 minutes. Sure he's on his last leg, but he's intrinsically far better than any PG LeBron has ever played with (got to the Finals with Eric Snow, amazingly.) They are also frontrunners for Troy Murphy. I can't knock Pat Riley for trying to win now. I wish Bibby well: his Kings were clearly shafted out of a Finals appearance. But I still never want to see a PG defender as poor in a Hawks uniform ever again. It just wasn't Hawks ball, if I can say that Hawks Brand basketball, no matter how bad, has always had a good defensive PG somewhere on the roster dating back as far as I remember with Doc, no slight to Teague, but Bibby was so awful it almost cancelled Teague out.

Edited by benhillboy

The one good thing about this is that Hinrich can exploit Bibby on defense every time down the court. The Heat will also have to cover for Bibs much like the Hawks did; thus, causing similar problems. Still, I would rather have Bibby, but I'm glad he's found a place where he thinks he can be successful.

• Premium Member

Good! I look forward to seeing the Hawks abuse him in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

...anywhere Bibby can go so that he can see the post season (and a good deal of it) is ok by me. He's a class act and I can only wish him the best.

Although I hate the Heat with a passion. lol I wish someone like LA or San Antonio would pick him up. I just...can't stand Miami.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think he is a good fit with the Heat. With Lebron and Wade, they can stick Bibby on the whoever is the easiest guy to defend on the floor. Bibby will kill teams with the open shots he gets and he should have a nice rest to get fresher for the playoffs. I don't like seeing anything that enhances the Heat, but I think this is a good move for them since he is a totally non-essential part that brings a nice skill set to the offense.

I enjoyed Bibby while he was here but I'm not wishing Bibby any good luck...I hope he fails miserably for them, the HEAT are the enemy, now so is he.

• Premium Member

Funny how the Heat fans at my workplace are talking about Bibbs like he's a great PG. I tried to explain to these nuts that Bibbs is a spot shooter. They seen to think he can drive set guys up for easy shots.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Funny how the Heat fans at my workplace are talking about Bibbs like he's a great PG. I tried to explain to these nuts that Bibbs is a spot shooter. They seen to think he can drive set guys up for easy shots.

Maybe they only watched the pistons game this year.

• Like 2