• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Will Attempt To Re-Sign Jamal Crawford This Off-Season

Bawse

I don't see how we'd be able to sign and trade him since any team could just sign him outright, unless it's a team over the cap and offering more than the MLE and frankly I just don't see that happening. I'd rather let him walk and then use our MLE on 2 players. That could change depending on the new CBA but as of right now that's what my plan would be. And if there is a player in the draft that we really like I would like to see us buy a pick to acquire that player, although I certainly don't expect that to happen.

• Moderators

I don't see how we'd be able to sign and trade him since any team could just sign him outright, unless it's a team over the cap and offering more than the MLE and frankly I just don't see that happening. I'd rather let him walk and then use our MLE on 2 players. That could change depending on the new CBA but as of right now that's what my plan would be. And if there is a player in the draft that we really like I would like to see us buy a pick to acquire that player, although I certainly don't expect that to happen.

We might as well see what happens. If we enter a world with a hard cap or one where there are no MLEs, etc. then it changes the picture dramatically. It may also reflect the fact that we will try to unload Marvin and/or Zaza for space to resign him this offseason. For the moment, just say you want to keep the guy and then see how things shake out.

I don't have mixed feelings and I dont care what the new CBA looks like......I DONT WANT HIM BACK! Like someone else said earlier if he's not hitting shots he's useless, and we all know that most bench players are flawed which is why they are bench players but LD doesn't play Craw bench minutes and Craw doesn't have a bench players mindset, he doesn't give a damn about team concept on offense or defense....he's a great one on one player and he knows it and plays that way everytime he's on the floor. We have a good pg now and we're trying to develop another, Craw just isnt needed like before.

Like many others have said let him go and sign 2 guys....a guy who plays tough d and just gets after it when he's out there and a pure shooter, not a guy who needs the ball in his hands all the time...just a pure shooter

• Like 2

Sund is not good, should have tried to get two cheap young pieces from a team under the cap like the Kings.

It is not as easy as you try to make it.

Why would the Kings trade 2 young pieces for a 31 year old on an expiring contract, on a 27 game rental, that would only hurt their lottery chances ?

It makes no logical sense for any rebuilding team to do such a trade.

• Like 1

I don't see how we'd be able to sign and trade him since any team could just sign him outright, unless it's a team over the cap and offering more than the MLE and frankly I just don't see that happening. I'd rather let him walk and then use our MLE on 2 players.

+1,000

We found out how hard it is to get value back in a S&Twith the Chillz sign and trade that we worked on for years with no luck. The only offers you get are garbage contracts coming back.

Now if Crawford plays his best ball in the playoffs that could change the game. Many a player has been over paid after 1 good playoff series.

+1,000

We found out how hard it is to get value back in a S&Twith the Chillz sign and trade that we worked on for years with no luck. The only offers you get are garbage contracts coming back.

Now if Crawford plays his best ball in the playoffs that could change the game. Many a player has been over paid after 1 good playoff series.

I nominate Hilton for the prestigious Jerome Keith James award for his masterful defense of Dwight and averaging of a near double double off the bench in our upcoming 1st round matchup.

• Moderators

+1,000

We also got a lottery pick for a S&T of Al Harrington. It varies.

I wouldn't resign Crawford to a big cotract but I do appreciate them saying they would just to motivate him which he hasn't seemed to be at all this season.

That is the point. Nothing good happens if you say you aren't resigning him but saying you want to keep him keeps all your options open. You can pass on him (because you *couldn't* afford him under the new CBA), you can S&T him, you can resign him, etc. It just makes him feel better and signals to teams around the league that you see value in having him as part of your team. There is no downside here - you just need to make smart management decisions this offseason when the real action happens.