Hawks vs Thunder

Brokentree

In case anyone forgot about the last time these two teams met. Westbrooks so called triple double, Josh Smith bleeding from the head, losing the game. I hope this Hawks team comes out to play with vengeance in mind. Especially if Durant doesn't play and even if Josh doesn't. This Hawks team needs to absolutely dominate the Thunder. If we win by less than 15 points the effort isn't good enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEYc08bGWlg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

In case anyone forgot about the last time these two teams met. Westbrooks so called triple double, Josh Smith bleeding from the head, losing the game. I hope this Hawks team comes out to play with vengeance in mind. Especially if Durant doesn't play and even if Josh doesn't. This Hawks team needs to absolutely dominate the Thunder. If we win by less than 15 points the effort isn't good enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEYc08bGWlg

That was second only to Ricky Davis' BS attempt to get the 10th rebound for his triple-double in terms of disrespect. You run out the clock in that situation. I just wish someone on our team did to Ibaka or Westbrook what Stevenson did to Davis on that play.

Good point bringing up that last meeting, I had forgotten about that. And I didn't realize this but we're 1-6 in our last 7 home games against the Thunder, which I find pretty incredible but that's what ESPN said in their game preview.

http://www.newsok.com/okc-thunders-kevin-durant-upgraded-to-game-time-decision-vs.-atlanta-hawks/article/3545879?custom_click=pod_headline_nba-news

Oklahoma news source saying the Smoove is confirmed out for the game vs. the Thunder.

Edit: Durant has been upgraded to a game-time decision as well.

Edited by hawkxan1

That was second only to Ricky Davis' BS attempt to get the 10th rebound for his triple-double in terms of disrespect. You run out the clock in that situation. I just wish someone on our team did to Ibaka or Westbrook what Stevenson did to Davis on that play.

Let's not forget Ricky tried to get his triple double by shooting at his own basket. Uhhh, Ricky you know that doesn't count as a shot attempt right?

Holding grudges will not help anything especially with Josh being out, that little edge is gone

"Oh yeah, we remember,” Al said following morning shootaround. “We are looking forward to playing tonight.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If we don't stop the pick and roll( the thunder are very good at this) then its going to be a long nite.This is what i want to see out of captain kirk, to see if he can help this team against pick and roll. Because teams have killed us in the past when they use it. Even with KD35 playing and the " stat-filler" not, i see us winning this game. PS...I dont care how many points we win by, a win is a win! GO HAWKZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunate to see Al taking the wrong approach to this game

Well I tend to agree with you there Sbm. It's a difficult thing though. We want AL to say the "professional" thing, yet we want him to bring energy and toughness. Kudos to him for just coming out and saying it if he feels that way. These guys aren't Robo-Pros.

Remember when Smoove was saying he didn't care about not being picked as an All-star...then he had a big game and said in the post-game interview that he was motivated to play his hardest the rest of the season to "show coaches around the league" that he should have been picked.

Luckily (and this is just my guess) even though AL remembers, I don't think it will effect the way he plays the game (fingers crossed).

• Admin

Not really since Josh is not playing and he's like 70% of it.

Josh is not 70% of the defense. He is a great weakside defender but don't let that seem that other players on the team are not good defenders.

Edited by capstone21

I know we just took the lead but we are playing horrible pick and roll defense. James Harden is out here looking like Wade with the lanes he is gettin the hoop off the screens, and when we do defend the penetrator the big is getting an easy rebound for the putback. Step it up D