• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

REALLY?

QuantumHawkz

What in the hell is going on? i see threads about" trade Joe" or " horfords a rich mans nene" or " i've lost hope" . REALLY? Joe is a 5 time all star, Horford is a 2 time all star. Before these two players we went no where. With them we are a playoff team every season. Look i understand that we are an up and down team, but what team isnt.? You win some you lose some thats just how it is. Look at the heat, they have the big 3 and yet they have a loseing record aginst .500 plus teams. The new york knicks can't seem to beat the CAVS and so on and so on. The point is we have a new coach with a new offense and defense, so i knew we wasn't going to win more or even match our last season win total. And by the way LD is a great coach. Do we need 1 or 2 more players to get to the next level? yea, we do. Venting your frustrations is one thing, but some of the threads i've seen are just flat out ridiculous. :negative: HAWKZ 4 LIFE!!!!!

seriously :drinks:

I'd agree that there is SOME overreaction, but I believe that there is a prevailing sense of acceptance--even among some of the most optimistic Hawks fans--that although this is, as you correctly stated, a playoff team, it is a team that is destined to falter in the playoffs not just this year...but the foreseeable future unless some big time changes are made and additions like Hinrich become one of several needed moves instead of the only move of consequence.

• Like 2

I like your optimism, but that's all it is. The Hawks future looks bleak bro, hate to break it to you. Fact is we need to shake up our starting rotation, started with Hinrich but someone else needs to go. Don't even get me started on this coaching either.... ugh. Cringe worthy for most parts of this season.

I'd agree that there is SOME overreaction, but I believe that there is a prevailing sense of acceptance--even among some of the most optimistic Hawks fans--that although this is, as you correctly stated, a playoff team, it is a team that is destined to falter in the playoffs not just this year...but the foreseeable future unless some big time changes are made and additions like Hinrich become one of several needed moves instead of the only move of consequence.

Agree 100%. It is not a super bleak outlook, but it is the same old song and dance we have seen before. And without some changes, next season will be the same as this one come playoff time or a little worse.

The problem is that the hawks play hard when they want to. One game they look great, another game they look horrible. I think all the Knicks fans in Phillips got to them.

What in the hell is going on? i see threads about" trade Joe" or " horfords a rich mans nene" or " i've lost hope" . REALLY? Joe is a 5 time all star, Horford is a 2 time all star. Before these two players we went no where. With them we are a playoff team every season. Look i understand that we are an up and down team, but what team isnt.? You win some you lose some thats just how it is. Look at the heat, they have the big 3 and yet they have a loseing record aginst .500 plus teams. The new york knicks can't seem to beat the CAVS and so on and so on. The point is we have a new coach with a new offense and defense, so i knew we wasn't going to win more or even match our last season win total. And by the way LD is a great coach. Do we need 1 or 2 more players to get to the next level? yea, we do. Venting your frustrations is one thing, but some of the threads i've seen are just flat out ridiculous. :negative: HAWKZ 4 LIFE!!!!!

+1....Seriously, folks here really overreact....chill out people it's a long season that has ups n downs...

For the record, I stated repeatedly before the season started the Heat would not be world beaters due to lack of point guard and Center play. This isn't shocking to me. They are not well constructed. Not signing Bosh and instead obtaining an equivalent 1 or 5 would have been a better constructed team.

Similarly, the Hawks are also poorly constructed in that they are not big enough (both height and weight where it matters) and evenly balanced offensively.

Quoting there all star appearances is exactly the problem . Why do we care if they make the all star team ?.... when every time we get on national tv they pull one of there disappearing acts and look so bad that the networks are reluctant to even put us on .

They arent playing for anything they are here because its a job . After several years why wasnt a division title a goal ? These guys dont care about anything but there individual achievements the worst thing weve ever did was to not bring in enough talent to challenge these guys for minutes . If you knew that coming in behind you was twin and Zaza what would you be doing ?

• Premium Member

The problem is that the hawks play hard when they want to. One game they look great, another game they look horrible. I think all the Knicks fans in Phillips got to them.

Now that's something I noticed too. There was a direct relation to how the Hawks played when the Knicks fans in the arena became more vocal and completely drowned out the Hawks fans. They pretty much just let the game go at that point. Compare that to how they played Celtics in the first round a few years ago when the crowd was going crazy in the stands. Every single player on the Hawks ramped their game up to another level and flat out refused to lose at home.

Yea, I mean, a 2 game loosing streak to 2 pretty good teams isn't that bad. Miami's has lost 4 in a row and Charlotte has lost 5.

I'd love to see the Hawks come out strong against LA tonight like they have something to prove.

It's not the hawks overall record that bothers me. It's the lack of emotion from players and coach I've seen at times this season.

The thing that worries me most though is how much we've been blown out by teams this season. Not a good precursor to the playoffs where we've also bee blown out the past 2 seasons. While I'd like to see us do good in the postseason, nothing on this team demonstrates confidence. Either in themselves or for the fans.

• Like 1

It's not the hawks overall record that bothers me. It's the lack of emotion from players and coach I've seen at times this season.

The thing that worries me most though is how much we've been blown out by teams this season. Not a good precursor to the playoffs where we've also bee blown out the past 2 seasons. While I'd like to see us do good in the postseason, nothing on this team demonstrates confidence. Either in themselves or for the fans.

I agree, the blowouts seem to indicate there is something really wrong with this club. Add in that they routinely come out completely flat in the first quarter and you have to sense that this thing needs to be blown up.

If not dismantled, then bring in a coaching staff that can get the players attention and get them all working on the same page.

For a "core" that has been together this long, you would think their on-court chemistry would be better, but right now it's awful.