• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thats what he gets paid to do folks..

MVP23

We done seen 50+ games. You know this is as good as it will get for Joe. This just isn't his game. He was hot tonight. That's that.

Aren't the Bucks one of the better defensive teams in the league? And about playing good for one half, he started off ok in the 2nd half. But the score got out of hand, so he rested on the bench.

But its just one game. Marvin has a game game every now and then, and even he doesn't go a complete month and a half without one, and he isn't being paid top dollar either. No excuses. Joe is that kid that pays attention in class one day out of the week and expects to pass.

• Premium Member

In the chat someone asked me if I was "happy" that Joe was playing so well. I said of course. If he plays well, we play well. I'm just not impressed. This is what Joe Johnson gets paid to do. Be the guy, and lead the way. He takes a month and change off, has one good game (really a half) and we're all supposed to be jumping up and down? He is supposed to do this night in, and night out. Not random nights against the Bucks. Is the bar that low that we'll settle for a good game from him once in a while? Please....

Please show me a player in the league averaging 28 points by half and then tell me Joe should be doing the same "night in and night out" as you put it.

• Like 2

He has played only one good game? Sorry bro, thats false. He has been averaging 19 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists a game this season. I don't care who you are, that is very good (its even more impressive considering his injurry). That to me is definitely not 'paying attention in class one day out of the week and expecting to pass'. I know he has been struggling recently, but come on. He still produces at a high level most of the time.

Also, he didn't play a 'good' game, he played a great game. so, yes, fans should be happy about that. 36 points in a game on 13-19 shooting? That is an excellent game for the best of players.

Any credibility that your argument may have had goes out the window when you defend MARVIN, arguably the Hawks' most inconsistent player. If anybody, this thread should be about Marvin! He had a good game today, but he didn't even show up during their 4 game losing streak.

• Like 1

he didn't even show up during their 4 game losing streak.

And Joe Johnson did?

Please show me a player in the league averaging 28 points by half and then tell me Joe should be doing the same "night in and night out" as you put it.

I'm saying he should have good games all of the time. Not on random nights, after a complete month of failure.

• Like 1

And Joe Johnson did?

Yep, more than anybody else on the Hawks. He had 3 solid games and 1 below average game. Horf got shut down twice, Smoove was very inconsistent, and Marvin was nonexistent. Kirk Hinrich has 4 good shooting games, but JJ took more shots and did more in the rebounding and assist categories.

And Joe Johnson did?

I'm saying he should have good games all of the time. Not on random nights, after a complete month of failure.

What player do you know have "good games" all the time? I'm not sure what is random about tonights game except that is the make up ice game. We've all been saying that Joe hasn't been shooting the ball well the last month so why can't we be excited that he finally breaks out of the slump.

Joe scored 11, 24, 16 ,14 during the 4 games. Again, has the bar been set that low, that dropping 16 on the Bulls, with a lot of your points coming in garbage time is new considered a "solid" game?

so why can't we be excited that he finally breaks out of the slump.

Because he has played like a bum for the last month..

What player do you know have "good games" all the time?

Lebron, Kobe, Wade....hell not even guys like Iggy....not even SMOOVE goes an entire month completely sucking..

We all knew we over paid for Joe. His performance tonight was awesome, but this probably wont happen again the rest of the season. He is a 20 point scorer a night and gets paid like he scores 30. It is what it is.

Joe scored 11, 24, 16 ,14 during the 4 games. Again, has the bar been set that low, that dropping 16 on the Bulls, with a lot of your points coming in garbage time is new considered a "solid" game?

Because he has played like a bum for the last month..

Lebron, Kobe, Wade....hell not even guys like Iggy....not even SMOOVE goes an entire month completely sucking..

Please tell me you are joking? Igoudala has only score more than 16pts 17xs this season in 55 games. Igoudala has only scored 20+12 times on the season. Joe has scored 16pts+ in 32 of 58 games. He also has twice as many 20+pt games. You can get by with Lebron, Kobe, and Wade but Iggy? Please......

No one in the NBA gets paid to score 36 points a game because no one in the last 20 years has averaged that. It dates back further than 20 years to be specific. No one gets paid to score 36, he more than earned his money. Joe is a true all-star at worse he is the 3rd best SG in the league behind Wade and Kobe. Ask all the GM's and the majority would rather have Joe over Monta because of the size difference and Joe's defensive abilities. Joe earns his money every game he is one of the best in the league at his position, the truth.

• Like 3

Well who would you rather have, right now. Joe or Iggy? And Iggy isn't a scorer. He does a little of everything.

Joe, he's better. Iggy nice, I like him and he's a lockdown defender.

Joe did good tonite. But I agree he shouldn't go months between 30 pt games with what we have invested in him. If he plays lights out for the rest of the year and raises his average back above 21 then I will pat him on the back and pay him respect, if he can raise it to 23+ I will be very impressed. He has played THAT poorly this year though that both may be unlikely to occur.

Joe did good tonite. But I agree he shouldn't go months between 30 pt games with what we have invested in him. If he plays lights out for the rest of the year and raises his average back above 21 then I will pat him on the back and pay him respect, if he can raise it to 23+ I will be very impressed. He has played THAT poorly this year though that both may be unlikely to occur.

In order to get it to 23+ Joe would have to score 38ppg these last 15 games, and I just don't see that in this offense. However, I do think that he could get it back to 20+.

Edited by Supporter

• Premium Member

com' on squawkers, joe's just in a little funk rite now. He'll bounce back. Besides they asked him at the all star game " how is the elbow?". He said" fine, but not 100%". and on top of that he's been dealing with an calf injury, so joe's just banged up from what you just saw in the highlight reel.

• Like 1