• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Should Root For the 6th Seed

BusBoyIsBack

Honestly I fear Orlando in the playoffs a whole lot more than I fear Boston. I think we matchup a whole lot better vs Boston who I think will end up getting the 3rd seed. Boston isn't as good as they were in 2008 and we're a way better road team than we were back then.

If the Sixers win tonight they will only be 2 games behind us in loss column. I hope they pass us

miami is the 3rd seed and boston is the 2 seed. I rather face the magic then face the heat. If we play the heat the game will be on national tv but if we play the magic the game most likely will be on nba tv. i rather get embarrassed on nba tv then tnt or espn

• Like 3

I would rather face the heat as far as the actual matchup goes. However, I may have an aneurysm if I have to hear a playoff crowd root for the heat at Philips.

yeah but i really dont want to see the hightlights on sportscenter like every hour... when we get embarrassed i want to have the least buzz as possible. At this point it really doesnt matter who we face in the 1st round its gonna face heat or magic they gonna be blowouts

Any team we face in the playoffs is going to sweep us. It doesn't make a single difference who we play and where we play them.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Congrats to the Hawks on clinching some pittance in extra revenue for A$G another playoff berth!

Orlando would probably be the most-palatable among the inevitable tail-whoopings to come. But the (let's go ahead and say two) games at Philips will be attended solely by:

(a) us masochist 'Squawkers;

(b) the Howard clan;

(c ) the handful of Gilbert fanboys left on Earth;

(d) teenage girls who think they still got a shot at wooing JJ Redick, and:

(e) the ESPN commentator crew that drew the shortest straw.

Does that tally add up to 1,000 paying people? It'll be like the 1999 playoffs against the Pistons where we literally emptied the homeless shelters to fill up the lower bowl... of the Thrillerdome!

The casual Atlantan NBA fan that endured last year's second-round abomination, that has heard about the Hawks folding under adversity all season long. Does he/she come back with cash in hand to see this ATL-ORL matchup again? "Wait, haven't I seen this one before?"

Gimme any one of Chicago, Boston, or Miami. So the arena has a chance to fill up. So we don't have to hear rhetorical arguments on TNT/ESPN/NBATV about why they have to waste precious TV time talking about this series. And so we don't have to hear digs by the A$G about how it's the fans' (fan's?) fault that Hedo is outscoring the entire Hawk team in the first half.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I would rather face the heat as far as the actual matchup goes. However, I may have an aneurysm if I have to hear a playoff crowd root for the heat at Philips.

I'm in agreement here. I would love to face and beat the heat. The heat are very flawed. Probably as flawed as us. They have no bigs. Al should dominate. They have Bibby at the PG. Please give us the heat and not the Magic. There's something scary about the magic. They may sweep the first 2 rounds. I just don't see a good matchup there. Plus, the heat-hawks series will be televised on NBC and ESPN during the prime hours and if we can find the electricity of the series!!! I would be great to beat the heat in 6!!

I would love to see Lebron refuse to shake Joe's hand after the game and run and get on the bus. It would do me good to see Wade in the press conference crying saying, this is what you wanted. I would giggle when I see Bosh go up on the trade blocks.

Then we play the winner of the Boston NY series!!!

With the right momentum, we could be in the ECF where we suffer a terrible loss to either chicago or Orlando... Probably Orlando, but it would be worth it just to beat the heat!!

340x.jpg

Stern: My plans are to break the Hawks. For too long, this worthless city has had a franchise that it doesn't support!!

• Premium Member

The Heat as a team shouldn't concern us. It's all about LeBron. They're flawed. LeBron on the other is a juggernaut. I honestly believe that if Lebron wants he could score 60 pts on the Hawks nightly.

This team is getting swept regardless. :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Especially since LD has gone Woody like with a 7 man rotation. Clown. And for the love of God, would somebody please tell LD that JAMAL IS NOT A PG. Bender, Hill, VanExel, Anybody. How bout Jamal himself. Omg!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

The Heat as a team shouldn't concern us. It's all about LeBron. They're flawed. LeBron on the other is a juggernaut. I honestly believe that if Lebron wants he could score 60 pts on the Hawks nightly.

The Heat don't scare me at all. Their record vs above .500 teams is just not daunting. Sure Boston and Miami would both be heavily favorited over us, but I don't see either team sweeping us like I think the Magic could easily still do

Plus at least we woulndn't have any games on NBA TV

WIth Philadelphia smoking hot the way they are right now, this is actually a serious topic folks

The question is who has the tiebreaker between us and Philly since we both won 2 games a piece head to head?

And with them only 2 games back of us in the loss column, if they somehow have a tiebreaker then there is a more than legit chance we can avoid the Magic