• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs. Magic

CODHAWKSFAN

Ok so today we play against the Orlando Magic! This will be a big game for us (shocked no one has started this thread already) considering this team WILL be our first round matchup. I hate that we have to play the Magic however I am personally interested in seeing how we do, this game may be an indication of whats to come in the playoffs. Will this be another blowout loss or has the team finally got over the fear of D. Howard.

Thoughts?

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

I am just praying for no blowout. A blowout home loss to Orlando would be a huge blow to our confidence going into the playoffs and Orlando knows this. I hope the Hawks come out with some fire!

I read that Joe will play tonite with a protective device on his injured thumb.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I am just praying for no blowout. A blowout home loss to Orlando would be a huge blow to our confidence going into the playoffs and Orlando knows this. I hope the Hawks come out with some fire!

I read that Joe will play tonite with a protective device on his injured thumb.

Whenever I guarantee against a blowout it happens.

We need big games from Twin (lol) and Hinrich. I don't claim to be up on Orlando because frankly I don't like watching them, but I do know that Jameer is a poor facilitator and if Kirk can screw his game up enough, we have a chance. Seeing Marvin being aggressive while everyone is suited up would be a nice change too. I can't lie though, anytime I see Gilbert the Chemistry Killer playing against us, he's really helping our cause.

And what the heck happened to Brandon Bass? I thought he would develop into a Millsap-Type but has been on a milk carton with Orlando. Hopefully be doesn't reappear tonight. If Al and Josh would hit he boards harder than they have this season, I'd truly appreciate it. I got a surprising, close win for us.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

We can beat Orlando; I don't think they are near as good as they think they are--and certainly not better than they were last year. However, we ALWAYS allow Howard to punk us and turn us into little jump shooting sissies. If we play with consistent energy, aggression, and fire for a change, Orlando will likely fall in a close contest.

At least tonight anyway.

Yo, that rebound by Thomas off the Dwight missed FT was the most dramatic rebound Ive seen by any Hawk in years!!! He almost elbowed both Hinrich and Horford in the the face lol That was a prison rebound right there lmao!

• Like 1

Yo, that rebound by Thomas off the Dwight missed FT was the most dramatic rebound Ive seen by any Hawk in years!!! He almost elbowed both Hinrich and Horford in the the face lol That was a prison rebound right there lmao!

It was Kevin Willis-esque! I thought he was going to knock those guys out with his elbows LOL

I'm beginning to think we should have signed the other twin to come in and play when our twin goes out of the game. Surely he'd be more useful to us against Orlando in the playoffs than some of our end of the bench fodder.

Awesome I said the exact same thing to my wife when I saw the rebound.