• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Celtics

CODHAWKSFAN

Another big game tonight vs. the Celtics. Nationally televised games have not gone in our favor for the past few seasons (usually blowouts) but I have a feeling tonight will be different. The C's played a good game last night, hopefully they are good and tired for us, our guys are well rested so no excuses.

Oh and the game tonight will be in 3d tonight for my fellow 3D tv owners.

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

• Moderators

Preview of Hawks Celtics matchup

On Thursday night in San Antonio, the old Celtics returned - and it again started with Rondo. Struggling since the Perkins trade, Rondo had 22 points, 14 of his team's 29 assists and no turnovers as Boston shot 54.8 percent in a 107-97 win to pull ahead of the Heat - and within two games of the Bulls

Rondo missed both meetings with the Hawks (43-32) with injuries, but Boston's done just fine without him. The Celtics shot 53.3 percent and rode a 39-13 first-quarter lead to a 99-76 win at Philips Arena on Nov. 22, then shot 53.0 percent in a 102-90 home victory Dec. 16

While the Celtics have spent the past month adjusting to a new rotation, the Hawks have often been going through the motions. All but locked into the East's fifth seed, Atlanta went 3-8 from March 4-23.

Even that spot was looking like it was in jeopardy, but the Hawks have turned it around with defense. Atlanta beat Orlando - its likely first-round opponent - 85-82 on Wednesday, a third straight win in a stretch it's held opponents to 84.0 points per game and 42.0 percent shooting.

"I don't know if we're sending a message, but we've got to let teams know we're coming to play," said Josh Smith, who had a game-high 26 points.

We know we will see:

rondo_parquet_eyes300450.jpg

But will we counter with:

95682021.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F51580A090C33E413E312E8496D6F083A9EFAA92C0675DF330E30A760B0D811297

How is the game experience in 3d?

It's definitely different, and it also depends on the angle that it is being shown in. If you have been to Phillips arena, it's almost as if you are sitting in the middle of the 100 level, while things do not pop out of the screen (except the espn logo) you get a great sense of depth. Without getting into all the technical mumbojumbo (i am a tech freak), I think it is cool but I don't think that they have quite figured out how to effectively implement 3d into live sporting events yet. It could be so much better, but if you sit down just enjoy it for what it is, it can be fun to look at, especially when friends are over.

It's definitely different, and it also depends on the angle that it is being shown in. If you have been to Phillips arena, it's almost as if you are sitting in the middle of the 100 level, while things do not pop out of the screen (except the espn logo) you get a great sense of depth. Without getting into all the technical mumbojumbo (i am a tech freak), I think it is cool but I don't think that they have quite figured out how to effectively implement 3d into live sporting events yet. It could be so much better, but if you sit down just enjoy it for what it is, it can be fun to look at, especially when friends are over.

Does the 3D effect strain your eyes too much? I'm thinking about buying one but the cost of everything and the side effects of having to watch t.v. wearing glasses all the time keep me from being sold.

Does the 3D effect strain your eyes too much? I'm thinking about buying one but the cost of everything and the side effects of having to watch t.v. wearing glasses all the time keep me from being sold.

Same here. I was on the cusp of buying one in January, but I just couldn't go through with it. I'm not big on buying movies on disc. Where are you getting the majority of your programming? How many Hawks games have been in 3D this year?

This is very interesting ...

Smith has averaged 23.5 points and 10.0 rebounds the past four games, a boost of confidence he'll need against Boston. He's missed all 11 shots he's taken in the two meetings with the Celtics, totaling three points - his two worst individual performances in the past four seasons.

I look for Josh to bounce back with a big game tonight!! :superman:

Well couple things, 3D to me is an option, you don't have

to watch everything in 3d. When you are looking to get a 3dtv make sure the one u are purchasing has a wonderful picture when not viewing in 3d because personally I only use the 3d on my tv when I am watching 3d movies or playing a video game.

No I don't get eyestrain from watching 3d however some people are more sensitive to it than others, I suggest going to your local best buy (they all have demos) and check to see if it bothers you or not. The tvs are not that expensive anymore depending on what brand you get. I got one for my dad for $1200 and he loves it.

Lastly if you are buying a 3dtv I suggest getting a ps3 as well instead of a 3G bluray player. It has at 3d bluray player in it and you can rent 3d movies directly onto your hardrive, plus you can play video games in 3d, if u are into that kind of thing. Hope this helps pm me if you have any other questions.

Oh and this is the first and only hawks game in 3d so far.

• Like 2

Celtics have been reeling since the Perk trade and are on the tail end of a back to back where they are notoriously bad so if they lose it's going to be a "meh" victory for the Hawks by national media and plenty of Squawkers. If we lose it's just going to be reason #1,334,678,000.19 why we suck and can't beat any superior opponents.

Pretty much a lose lose situation when you think about it but I'll root for a win regardless.

• Like 1

what I don't like is that the ajc says we will use the twin lineup against them and with Jernaime ONeal starting at C I don't think this is a necessary move, mainly cuz that puts Smoove on Pierce and that is a major disadvantage for us defensively. I'd much rather if we change the normal lineup he let Teague start against Rondo and let Kirk chase Allen around all night, and let JJ matchup with Pierce which would be perfect for us. Pierce's "craftiness" is gonna put Smoove in foul trouble and have our D on skates,. JJ can take him 1 on 1 tho. Hopefully I am proven wrong

Tonights matchups as it stand:

Kirk vs. Rondo

JJ vs. Allen

Smoove vs. Pierce

Al vs KG

Collins vs Jermaine

What it needs to be:

Teague vs Rondo

Kirk vs. Allen

JJ vs. Pierce

Smoove vs. KG

Al vs. Jermaine

Edited by RedDawg#8

what I don't like is that the ajc says we will use the twin lineup against them and with Jernaime ONeal starting at C I don't think this is a necessary move, mainly cuz that puts Smoove on Pierce and that is a major disadvantage for us defensively. I'd much rather if we change the normal lineup he let Teague start against Rondo and let Kirk chase Allen around all night, and let JJ matchup with Pierce which would be perfect for us. Pierce's "craftiness" is gonna put Smoove in foul trouble and have our D on skates,. JJ can take him 1 on 1 tho. Hopefully I am proven wrong

Tonights matchups as it stand:

Kirk vs. Rondo

JJ vs. Allen

Smoove vs. Pierce

Al vs KG

Collins vs Jermaine

What it needs to be:

Teague vs Rondo

Kirk vs. Allen

JJ vs. Pierce

Smoove vs. KG

Al vs. Jermaine

Twin needs minutes though since he's going to have to play a ton of them against the Magic in the playoffs very soon! Plus Marvin seems to be playing pretty well off the bench so I think it's a good idea to keep him there for a bit to see if he can keep it up. I expect that we'll see Teague play some minutes tonight since he's played relatively well against the Celtics this year putting up 12 points, 2 boards, 1.5 dimes, 1.5 steals and shooting nearly 70% in 17.5 mpg. Granted it's only been in 2 games but I expect that we'll see him get good minutes and perform.