• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks at Rockets

DJlaysitup

Al is such a robot/softy. He talks to much s***, and when he does he never backs it up; making him and ATL its self look bad. Al has been playing terrible. Am I the only person who notices that Al makes the dumbest fouls at the worst times in games?

Edited by AHawks89

Al is such a robot/softy. He talks to much s***, and when he does he never backs it up; making him and ATL its self look bad. Al has been playing terrible. Am I the only person who notices that Al makes the dumbest fouls at the worst times in games?

and weakest fouls ever.

Joe's stupidity is hurting us too.

LD definitely reads this forum and tried to make all of you happy by putting Teague in the game. TEAGUE SHOULD NOT HAVE TOUCHED THE BALL ON THE LAST POSSESSION. Craw and Joe should have brought it up, while whoever didn't have the ball ran around a corner screen to try to free themselves for a three. Put Marvin in the corner, Josh and Horf on opposites sides of the basket and we are set.

Adleman just shows you how much more advanced coaching he is than drew. He blows all the timeouts that they needed to advance the ball.

I love the one troll that calls out smith when horford was terrible with zero free throws in 40 minutes. Although, hinrich was the worst player out there tonight.

Choking? Joe and Smoove scored practically all of our points in the 4th and kept us in the game. Yet as usual, they are the scapegoats. I am disappointed in Horford for disappearing yet again. Of course no one wants to talk about that though.

• Like 2

Taking too long to pass out of double teams, carrying the ball. Sounds like the same ol choking Joe we've always known

He made some good delayed decisions on those double teams too. He had 3 turnovers in the first 2 minutes of the game, and 5 total, so that is only 2 for the last 40 minutes he played, not too bad. That carrying call was tough, but f*** it, you know how many players in the NBA do that on half their drives and don't get called for it? Just a rough break. Joe played well.

Horf missed way too many open shots. He needs to play inside already, he is a wuss lately. Josh had some dumb shots and lazy plays, but he ended very well. Hinrich is INVISIBLE on offense, this is embarrassing. 5 points, 2 assists and 6 fouls. He barely moves trying to get open, it seems like he isn't involved in many plays, but he doesn't try to get involved in them either.

We lost to a team who needeed this game, on their homecourt. I can live with it, but I won't be happy about it. We should have won this game, but the Rockets realized if they lose this game, their season is over.

Chuck Hayes was phenomenal, we need to somehow sign this player.

I don't know. As great as Chuck Hayes is, and when he is on, he is easily the most efficient player in the NBA, I don't know if we have a spot for a 6'5-6'6, center. We already lack size.

• Like 1

Horford has had a bunch of bad games since the Chicago game where he took over. Maybe it is something about not having roles defined on the team or not having guys with the role to get rebounds. Seems like most of our guys are in the scoring role.

Bill Simmons has an interesting article this week where he ranks teams. Basically he is talking about defining guys roles on teams.

"You only need eight and a half guys to win in the NBA: five starters, three bench guys, then an 8½th man who doesn't mind playing 0-10 minutes a night and being on call if a rotation guy gets into foul trouble, gets hurt or whatever. Of those eight and half guys, ideally, you need two scorers, one ball handler, one perimeter defender and one rebounder. You need to be able to play defense. You need everyone to know their roles. You need to know who's playing crunch time and who gets the ball in those last few minutes. And you need a coach competent enough not to screw things up. That's it."

Who are our guys?

starters - kirk, joe, marv, josh, al

bench - jamal, zaza

We are missing one and a half guys. I want to put teague in there, but he gets DNP too much to really count. We look confused on defense a lot of the time. I think we have too many guys in scoring roles. The bench roles are pretty decently defined. Jamal score, zaza rebound.

• Like 1