• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lateral move my *ss!

Admin

I was impressed by Hinrich tonight. Lets realize - playing good D doesn't necessarily mean that you shut the guy out. It means that you put him out of his comfort zone...you take something away. It also means that you can do your job well enough that other guys on your team don't have to help you out very much.

That is something Bibby wasn't getting done. A lanky guy like Hinrich (at 6 foot 4) is quick enough to shut down most of Jameer's drives (or at least change his avenue to the basket) and can definitely prevent him from shooting threes if he's right up on him...if Jameer tries a three Hinrich will just block it.

That's not to say Hinrich was tonight's MVP or anything...but he was a piece of the puzzle we were missing when it comes down to defensive playoff basketball.

• Premium Member

How in the heck can you get banned from an opinionated blog? Just curious.

Sharing opinions is fine. Insulting everyone who dares to disagree with you in the process is not. Seems reasonable to me.

Hinrich played great, as did the whole team. I am not a hater but if we NEVER get into the conference finals with Hinrich its still a lateral move or at best a bandaid IMO.

I like the way our team played last night; but in the grand scheme, 2nd round exits with Bibby or with Hinrich are still 2nd round exits. If we push into the conference finals, Sund should get GM of the year and be a automatic for the Hawks HOF!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Sharing opinions is fine. Insulting everyone who dares to disagree with you in the process is not. Seems reasonable to me.

Yep that's exactly why and had nothing to do with his opinion. Hell of being a negative poster and not sharing in the popular opinion of the team were enough to get you banned there would be many members here who would have been gone long ago. You can be negative or positive but either way you've got to be respectful and you won't have a problem around here.

• Like 1