• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Jason Collins just play the Wuss card?

Diesel

• Premium Member
Jason Collins allowed Dwight Howard to score 46 points in Game 1.

“I try to frustrate him and do what I can to get under his skin,” Collins said.

Based on his conversations with Howard during the game, Collins said he thinks he accomplished his goal. In the second half Howard was called for a foul after he head-butted Collins, though Howard said the blow wasn't intentional.

“He pulled me back,” Howard said. “Of course I am going to fly back. But he should get an Academy Award.”

Collins said he won't change his tactics when he's one-on-one against Howard.

“He doesn't like physical play,” Collins said. “He likes to spin off, get lobs and get dunks. Like most players that like to score, he doesn't like getting hit. So our job is to hit him and be physical with him.”

Article

I think tonight, the game will get more physical. Refs whistles won't work when Orlando has the ball.

david-stern.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes. Dwight will be in full bulldozer mode to get to the hoop. This means Powell and Etan have to make their fouls count and put Dwight on the line. For people who think this isn't good basketball I say make the offensive foul calls and this isn't necessary. Until then, work on that granny shot dwight.

• Moderators

Why would he even open his mouth about the situation? That is just dumb, really, really, dumb...for real. Why reveal your dirty tactics to the media? These are the types of things that should be kept quiet.

Because Dwight's not a mature player. You can get in his head on the court and off. The more he is thinking about how much he hates Collins/Zaza the less he is concentrating on his game. Howard scored only 15 second half points (i know that's a lot normally) once he had gotten frustrated with the Hawks continuing to lead and push him around.

Why would he even open his mouth about the situation? That is just dumb, really, really, dumb...for real. Why reveal your dirty tactics to the media? These are the types of things that should be kept quiet.

Dirty tactics?? Man this is a sad state of affairs when talking about playing a guy physically is labeled as "dirty". Somewhere Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason are shaking their heads about the sissification of basketball today.

• Like 4

Dirty tactics?? Man this is a sad state of affairs when talking about playing a guy physically is labeled as "dirty". Somewhere Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason are shaking their heads about the sissification of basketball today.

Ah, "Cissification". Or Cissified. I agree hit they azz.

I understand what you guys are saying, but I am not talking about this getting back to D Howard we all know he cannot control his frustrations sometimes. I am worried about this getting to Stern and his minions. The more Collins talks about pulling, hitting, scraping, and scratching, the more the refs are going to look for those kinds of things, which means the calls will be less likely to go our way. All of those things are supposed to be inconspicuous, not blatantly bragged about.

• Premium Member

I took it as a mind game.

Dwight probably reads the press. Jason Collins said that he's a pansy assed Offensive player. He hates contact. He doesn't want to play a Physical game. I betcha Howard goes out of his way to be physical. The end result will be the flops of Collins and Zaza will be more effective.

The refs won't be able to hold their whistles when an upset Howard bulls into a stationary Collins and Collins goes flying into press row.

I understand what you guys are saying, but I am not talking about this getting back to D Howard we all know he cannot control his frustrations sometimes. I am worried about this getting to Stern and his minions. The more Collins talks about pulling, hitting, scraping, and scratching, the more the refs are going to look for those kinds of things, which means the calls will be less likely to go our way. All of those things are supposed to be inconspicuous, not blatantly bragged about.

The refs were going to be looking into that anyway. The whole Basketball landscape was shaken when we beat Orlando. This team beat us by an average of 25 last year at this time. Throughout the game, they played Dwight Howard commercial after DH12 Commercial (for the NBA). Stern is not going to let his cash cow lose to Atlanta withut putting a hit out on us. You may hate Jason Collins, but you have to respect his positional defense. When this guy gets set, he is in position to take a charge. If Dwight has lost his head and is frustrated and charges and Collins makes the sale, then Dwight should get the foul. It amplifies what is already happening out there. Stern won't be able to contain that.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, the whistles were off for Orlando in game 1. Dwight fouled out multiple times in the 4th, none of his s*** gets called. He can get away with murder out there and it would be a foul on our defense for being a victim of an elbow to the face.

Edited by Boss

• Premium Member

This is why I posted Collins needs to be careful. We need him in the game, not on the sidelines with 2 quick fouls or ejected for some pansy flagrant foul. We all know that the refs 'cleaning up' the game means calling more fouls on Collins or whoever is guarding Dwight at the time. Dwight will be allowed to do whatever he wants on offense so we need to be prepared for that.

• Premium Member

+1

I remember when Atlanta had Kevin Willis "The Enforcer" and guys like Grant Long who would be as physical as possible. It is not playing dirty to make a guy bang for his points as a big man.

I took it as a mind game.

Dwight probably reads the press. Jason Collins said that he's a pansy assed Offensive player. He hates contact. He doesn't want to play a Physical game. I betcha Howard goes out of his way to be physical. The end result will be the flops of Collins and Zaza will be more effective.

The refs won't be able to hold their whistles when an upset Howard bulls into a stationary Collins and Collins goes flying into press row.

The refs were going to be looking into that anyway. The whole Basketball landscape was shaken when we beat Orlando. This team beat us by an average of 25 last year at this time. Throughout the game, they played Dwight Howard commercial after DH12 Commercial (for the NBA). Stern is not going to let his cash cow lose to Atlanta withut putting a hit out on us. You may hate Jason Collins, but you have to respect his positional defense. When this guy gets set, he is in position to take a charge. If Dwight has lost his head and is frustrated and charges and Collins makes the sale, then Dwight should get the foul. It amplifies what is already happening out there. Stern won't be able to contain that.

I think this hits the nail on the head. If Dwight does in fact see what Collins said, he might overcompensate and get into foul trouble.