• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pape Sy vs. Marvin WIlliams: Marvin has been invisible vs. Orlando

hawks21

With Marvin Williams going 1 for 6 against Orlando, and being a non-factor, why not let Pape Sy get some minutes because he couldn't do any worse.

Dude, Smoove is starting at the 3. Have you been watching any of these two games?

• Like 1

This is absurd.

With that being said, Marvin played way too much in the 4th quarter. LD's subbing hurt us pretty good late in the game.

It wasn't "terrible". He made a good decision by keeping Zaza in, and even took out Craw for Hinrich once he started bricking. Marvin probably should have been benched sooner, but he brings a size/defense combination, and I think LD was trying to get a spark from his bench to re-energize the starters.

Dude, Smoove is starting at the 3. Have you been watching any of these two games?

Dude, Smoove is not a natural small forward. He is playing out of position and still puts up way too many 18-foot jump shots.

The refreshing thing about being a "retired mod" is I can now say this is one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen on this site.

And I've seen some crazy stuff

The crazy thing is that Marvin Williams is still on this team, and still hasn't done virtually anything during the playoffs. THAT IS DUMB. And people keep saying he will come around as a player. HE HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE SIX YEARS.

And to be clear I'm not pumping up Marvin Williams. There's s distinct difference between an NBA role player which is what Marvin is not a starter versus a D League project.

C'mon get serious before you start a thread here.

Seriously, Marvin plays like a D-League prospect on most nights... and can he ever finish at the rim without falling down and turning the basketball over...?????

You can make excuses for Marvin, but the facts are there for everybody to see.

Coach Woodson tried to challenge Marvin during the playoffs TWO YEARS ago when the Hawks played Cleveland in the second round...

And even though Marvin has been seeing more of the bench, he had been starting for most of his career....and having little impact.

Edited by hawks21

• Premium Member

With Marvin Williams going 1 for 6 against Orlando, and being a non-factor, why not let Pape Sy get some minutes because he couldn't do any worse.

I saw this...

Marvin Sucks.

Damien should get more time...

I saw this...

Marvin Sucks.

Damien should get more time...

Damien would be a better option as well, at this point. Marvin is a non-factor and Marvin seems he is content with watching as the other team scores.

Damien is a consistently, more aggressive scorer and brings athleticism that Marvin fails to display on a consistent basis.

Seriously, Marvin plays like a D-League prospect on most nights... and can he ever finish at the rim without falling down and turning the basketball over...?????

You can make excuses for Marvin, but the facts are there for everybody to see.

Coach Woodson tried to challenge Marvin during the playoffs TWO YEARS ago when the Hawks played Cleveland in the second round...

And even though Marvin has been seeing more of the bench, he had been starting for most of his career....and having little impact.

So you'd rather see pape sy who couldn't even average double digit points in the d-league and has ZERO playoff experiece? Come on man, Marvin had a good game 1 in limited minutes. He just had a bad game 2

So you'd rather see pape sy who couldn't even average double digit points in the d-league and has ZERO playoff experiece? Come on man, Marvin had a good game 1 in limited minutes. He just had a bad game 2

I think its more fair to say Marvin sucks but the Hawks unfortunately have a flawed roster