• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AL Horford needs to step up

HawksFan87

u guys proved me right, I expected y'all to make excuses for his play and blame everyone else..

Actually on my end I have no idea how Al played. I dvr'd the game and since they got their asses kicked I didn't bother watching it. Did quote "smoove" go for 50 tonight and his team inexplicably lose?

If the answer is "no" then you probably ought to start thinking as a Hawks fan versus a Josh Smith fan.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

oh so we can't point the finger at al, but it's ok to make a million threads about smoove or joe ?

It's the golden rule. If Josh had a bad game, it's Josh's fault. When anyone else has a bad game, it's a team effort loss.

Did the Smoove fans' persecution complex really deteriorate to an advanced stage this year? Or was it always this bad and I just didn't notice until this year?

• Like 3

Actually on my end I have no idea how Al played. I dvr'd the game and since they got their asses kicked I didn't bother watching it. Did quote "smoove" go for 50 tonight and his team inexplicably lose?

If the answer is "no" then you probably ought to start thinking as a Hawks fan versus a Josh Smith fan.

I will post what I like , I didn't say anything disrespectful to anyone !! but of course folks don't want to hear the truth.

that's all i'm saying ! but of course the al groupies won't admit that

I can agree with the Josh Smith haters that he has bad shot selection, but he's the only one who tries to score in the paint, hence why he had 12 FTA at the line, while the whole team together had a total of 18 FTA. All they can b*tch about is his shot selection, but don't appreciate his defense. When Al is not hitting his mid-range jumpers, then you can't expect him to get the game going any other way. But hey, there's only one thing we can critique about Josh, so that must mean we're groupies too!

Al & Josh are by far my favorite players in this league, but since I critique Al much more than Josh (because it's needed), then it means I hate Al. Josh might have poor shot selection, but that's it. I could say so much more about Al. Boxing out, poor shot selection, hands made of rubber, setting screens, etc. I guess these things go unnoticed.

W/E. I figured out that you have to ignore this nonsense and live with it.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

I can agree with the Josh Smith haters that he has bad shot selection, but he's the only one who tries to score in the paint, hence why he had 12 FTA at the line, while the whole team together had a total of 18 FTA. All they can b*tch about is his shot selection, but don't appreciate his defense. When Al is not hitting his mid-range jumpers, then you can't expect him to get the game going any other way. But hey, there's only one thing we can critique about Josh, so that must mean we're groupies too!

Al & Josh are by far my favorite players in this league, but since I critique Al much more than Josh (because it's needed), then it means I hate Al. Josh might have poor shot selection, but that's it. I could say so much more about Al. Boxing out, poor shot selection, hands made of rubber, setting screens, etc. I guess these things go unnoticed.

W/E. I figured out that you have to ignore this nonsense and live with it.

critiquing AL is like calling someone out their name on here lol, but they need to admit it: we're not gonna win with AL playing the way he is

• Like 2

:line dance: A regular love in in this thread

Did the Smoove fans' persecution complex really deteriorate to an advanced stage this year? Or was it always this bad and I just didn't notice until this year?

No, it has reached a new level this year. The Horn of Gondor was utilized about 8 months ago to rally the troops.

We allowed entirely too much dribble penetration tonight, and of course we played HORRIBLE offensively after Howard got his first 2 fouls. As much as I criticize him, I like the way Smith played for most of the game. He just needed to hit way more free throws than he did.

u guys proved me right, I expected y'all to make excuses for his play and blame everyone else..

Yeah truthfully I was thinking the same thing. We supposedly are so dynamic because our starting bigs are suppose to be explosive and create mismatches of there own. I've watched Brandon Bass play better than Horford in this series. Horford has been allowed to play his coveted position without having to deal with Dwight too much and besides that first game( when he was making jumpers) he hasn't really performed. Horford is suppose to be a beast and him and Josh should be a force for Dwight to have to handle but it looks like they plan on making it easy on Dwight on that end of the floor. I want somebody to at least sneak a nasty dunk on Dwight and we can't even do that. I would prefer Horford to at least go hard against Bass and that's not looking likely either.

How many dunks or form of domination have we seen from Horford? You are a Gator so playing hard in Florida shouldn't be a problem either. This is the Playoffs the biggest stage you can play on so please tell me what is going on? Horford is suppose to be one of our stable leaders and enforcers. Where is the less skilled Horford that battled the Celtics with heart? Yes Joe has been playing like Joe(the bank robber) all season and Josh hasn't played consistently good but our most stable leader is playing Marvin's old invisible act. Marvin actually looks like a guy ready to play wit heart if given the chance in this series.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He's been MIA for a while now, time for him to step up and be the leader he claims he is ...

How dare you criticize the heart and soul of the Hawks for being mediocre. I wonder how well you'd fare if you were obligated to strike a muscle pose for SportsCenter after every good thing you did.

How many steps? It seems he's at the bottom of the stack now. He'll have to do some sprints up them to be where we need him to be. Highly disappointed in his play, but unlike some on this team, I'm sure he's more disappointed in himself than any outsider, so I'll hold out hope for a monster game.

Josh Smith is standing on the three point line because is forced into playing the 3 this series.... We are a jumpshooting team through and through but we aren't getting any points inside this series because of DPOY Dwight Howard.... Joe and Jamal must play well Thursday or this will go down on that list of embarrassing playoff moments that we've built up the past 3 years...

How the h*ll is he going to have a monster game?

Horford is shooting 41% at his beloved 4 spot so there are certain expectations in my eyes... I have a feeling if this team made him a higher option on offense that defenses would double him more and probably hold him to this level throughout a season.

• Like 1

Josh Smith is standing on the three point line because is forced into playing the 3 this series....

he's been doing that all season while playing the 4. I don't buy all this "If Josh was moved to SF he'd have to shoot more" talk, we have to accept the fact that he's just not willing to play in the post.

he should be able to against brandon bass, and anderson who is horrible defensively

That would be a fair argument if Dwight Howard were not wandering around the paint..... In this series we have won three games that we got to great play out of our guards. Plain and simple guards beat the magic not many centers and forwards do....

• Like 1