• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ will explode in this game

arhawkfan

• Premium Member

Joe scored when it counted. I don't expect him to score as many points as the marquee scorers in the league, but when we need buckets...his MORE than capable of delivering big shots. That's what Joe has been for us for all these years and we need that so badly in the playoffs. For the most part, he was Joe tonight. If he can get that floater going AND get the long ball to drop, we'll kill Chicago.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

23 points, 10 rebounds and 4 assists tonight in the closeout game. That's my mutha f*cker!! Even more remarkable when you consider how much he struggled shooting in the 1st quarter.

Those were my exact words during the 2nd half. lol

Well he didnt start out shooting well but he was clutch. Everyone saying that he doesnt have any fire or care watch 2 plays. The play where he hustles to tip that rebound out to Crawford and on the play when Crawford got fouled shooting the 3. Watch Joes reaction to Jamal after he makes it. I doubt this does anything to the haters though.

• Like 1

Joe's shot was off in the first hald but he did other things, he defended well and was hitting the glass hard...dude had 7 offensive rebounds at the half. That 4th quarter was a thing of beauty...clutch, agressive and tough.

Good game, very average series. Numbers are VERY pedestrian. Just play D and leave the scoring to Jamal: more efficient in every way. Besides his impressive rebounding, we need much more than a free throw attempt per quarter, shooting under 40%, and being out-assisted by Al (who was a ghost) while racking up 16 TO's. Anyone who thinks he's "justified" his contract is still way off by 10's of millions. Unfortunately, I expect worse due to the staunch Bulls defense.

Again, he should focus on rebounding and defense, the things that really win at this point instead of trying to one-up Jamlal, which is a lost cause. Barely 40% shooters have no place taking any forced shots against a top tier defense when your positional backup has outscored you throughout your playoff career together. If he allows Richardson, Reddick, and Arenas to complicate his scoring, he's in for a rough time against Bogans, Brewer, and Deng.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

My take on Joe.

For those saying that he would or wouldnt have a big game last night.

Last night was a big game.

He's not Kobe. He doesn't get the calls and he does have the talent.. but Kobe is the most talented player this side of Jordan (maybe more talented).

However, last night what you saw from Joe was what Joe does better than most players... Overall game.

Our offensive rebounding was because Joe went inside and fought.

What helped save the game was Joe's tip back to Jamal.

Joe's defense was better than we have seen at times.

Joe's shooting was poor but when we needed a big shot, he was there.

Joe spoke up.

Now, does he have a mental or physical injury? Have you seen that big *ss guaky cast on his thumb??

Mentally, that has to have an effect.

• Like 1

Good game, very average series. Numbers are VERY pedestrian. Just play D and leave the scoring to Jamal: more efficient in every way. Besides his impressive rebounding, we need much more than a free throw attempt per quarter, shooting under 40%, and being out-assisted by Al (who was a ghost) while racking up 16 TO's. Anyone who thinks he's "justified" his contract is still way off by 10's of millions. Unfortunately, I expect worse due to the staunch Bulls defense.

Again, he should focus on rebounding and defense, the things that really win at this point instead of trying to one-up Jamlal, which is a lost cause. Barely 40% shooters have no place taking any forced shots against a top tier defense when your positional backup has outscored you throughout your playoff career together. If he allows Richardson, Reddick, and Arenas to complicate his scoring, he's in for a rough time against Bogans, Brewer, and Deng.

Dude REALLY??? Going to keep this short bc there really is no point in going in to deep with you talking about Joe bc we all know how u feel about him but let me bring u back down to earth a lil bit......you keep trying to compare Joe and Jamal but its like you don't actually watch the games at all and just check box scores....do you not understand that when teams play us they focus their ENTIRE defensive gameplan around stopping Joe...the Magic sent doubles and tried to trap him the entire series, even when they didn't fully commit to it they were sending Dwight at him to try and get the ball out of his hands. They did that to Jamal in one game...game 5 and you saw what happened. even when Craw is on the floor Joe still gets that attention, WHICH opens things up for Craw and makes scoring a tad easier for him. I saw numerous wide open looks for Craw late in that game...know y....JOE. Stop hating and give the man his due, he stepped up when we needed him.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Dude REALLY??? Going to keep this short bc there really is no point in going in to deep with you talking about Joe bc we all know how u feel about him but let me bring u back down to earth a lil bit......you keep trying to compare Joe and Jamal but its like you don't actually watch the games at all and just check box scores....do you not understand that when teams play us they focus their ENTIRE defensive gameplan around stopping Joe...the Magic sent doubles and tried to trap him the entire series, even when they didn't fully commit to it they were sending Dwight at him to try and get the ball out of his hands. They did that to Jamal in one game...game 5 and you saw what happened. even when Craw is on the floor Joe still gets that attention, WHICH opens things up for Craw and makes scoring a tad easier for him. I saw numerous wide open looks for Craw late in that game...know y....JOE. Stop hating and give the man his due, he stepped up when we needed him.

Anyone who saw the game last night and hates on the way JJ played doesn't know basketball. I posted in the chat that he NEVER stopped competing, NEVER. He played a very complete and gritty game despite struggling with his shot early. He kept probing and attacking the Orlando defense. Add the fact that he faced a double team almost the entire game and that makes his play all the more noteworthy. When was the last time you saw a guard go hard like that in the paint? I know some don't like his quiet style and lack of emotion but JJ showed he wanted this game through his actions on the court. His stats may look 'ok' but he played grown man's basketball last night.

• Premium Member

Why the f*ck is Josh Smith back in there instead of Marvin????

That's my mutha f*cker!!

Don't try to bypass the profanity filter. If you do, you will be banned :snowballfight:

• Like 1

Yup. That's all. Great work JJ.