• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks don't need to stay big

GameTime

I keep hearing everyone on sports talk saying the Hawks need to stay big on the Bulls. I don't understand. Collins calling was to guard Howard. He is an offensive liability (being generous) and horrible rebounder (so the stay big to improve rebounding is false). Getting rid of the big lineup will make Horford better offensively and defensively IMO (Plus he knows Noah more than anyone), Keep Josh Smith away from the perimeter and if Marvin keeps up his jumper makes us a better overall threat.

I keep hearing everyone on sports talk saying the Hawks need to stay big on the Bulls. I don't understand. Collins calling was to guard Howard. He is an offensive liability (being generous) and horrible rebounder (so the stay big to improve rebounding is false). Getting rid of the big lineup will make Horford better offensively and defensively IMO (Plus he knows Noah more than anyone), Keep Josh Smith away from the perimeter and if Marvin keeps up his jumper makes us a better overall threat.

Why would would we bet on Marvin again ? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Why would would we bet on Marvin again ? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

How can you complain about Josh on the perimeter shooting jumpers when he is playing SF?

Why would we bet on Jason Collins again? That is a better question.

Edited by GameTime

How can you complain about Josh on the perimeter shooting jumpers when he is playing SF?

Why would we bet on Jason Collins again? That is a better question.

I dont think we should start Collins I think we should start Zaza

playing SF doesnt mean you shoot jumpshots

Actually we SHOULD stay big. The Bulls biggest strength defensively is they are one of the best rebounding teams in the league. We need to get bigger than them. Also let Josh Smith play defense on Luol Deng and he can maybe shut him down like he did Turkoglu. And Horford can negate anything Boozer gives them down low and Noah isn't really that much of a threat himself

I'd like to see the Hawks go super big with Joe-Marvin-Josh-Horford-Zaza at least once. Just for the hell of it. If our team played with a rare intelligence that lineup could actually do some work. Make Rose play some tough defense and rough him up on the other end.

I'd like to see the Hawks go super big with Joe-Marvin-Josh-Horford-Zaza at least once. Just for the hell of it. If our team played with a rare intelligence that lineup could actually do some work. Make Rose play some tough defense and rough him up on the other end.

Rose is way to fast for JJ & Marvin. He is going to bypass them at will.

• Premium Member

Here's my take.

Keep Joe off of Rose. That's a bad matchup.

Keep Crawford off Rose.

Defensively.

Smith has always had success against Boozer. Boozer is a softee.. This plays into Smoove's hands.

Horford owns Noah. Noah's not an offensive threat, but he's less of one when Horf is playing him. Horf also can negate his rebounding.

Deng. Well, that's questionable. Joe can stop him. Marvin is a question mark. I still think Marvin should come off the bench.

This is Teague's time. Teague has to be the one who leads the way with good defense on Rose. This may lead to foul trouble or this could lead to Teague being the man.

Chicago has Brewer at the 2. we just need to make sure he's covered on the perimeter.

Offensively

Horf owns Noah. Point blank.

Smoove has had Success against Boozer.

Joe vs. Deng is a good question mark.

My lineup..

I would actually agree with the original poster. Just go small. Their strength is at PG and PF offensively. I know we can shut down their PF.

Chicago is a much different team than Orlando. They beat people by playing good defense and hitting shots. We have shown that we are capable of stopping shots. We just have to keep up the effort.

It's a shame that Kirk is hurt. IF Kurt were 100%, we have matchups in our favor. However with pressure on the ball and a turnover prone Teague, it's sketchy.

So here's my lineup:

Teague, Wilkins, Joe, Smoove, Horf.

I bring Crawford, Marvin, and Zaza off the bench.

In this series, I want Joe to play Point Foward when Teague is out of the game. Chicago is used to having it's guards extending the defense up...into the backcourt. I think it would throw them off if they had to play against PGs who were postup. The other thing is if they play Brewer on JJ, JJ needs to school the young fella. This is really a JJ/Horf series.

Unlike Orlando, Chicago wants us to take bad shots on the perimeter. Their offense is based on efficiency and BBIQ.

This is why they are dangerous.

This is why they are first.

BUT......

I think they have shot their wad.

They are like us last year. Just happy to get into the playoffs and have a strong reg. season record.

Indy could have them beaten a couple of more game had they not been stricken with injury.

The difference between us and Indy is that we have a real SG and a Real PF.

• Like 2

Rose is way to fast for JJ & Marvin. He is going to bypass them at will.

He is super quick and he could get some easy baskets, but Joe is a better defender than people give him credit for when he wants to be. He's good enough to get a body on Rose and make him work most times down the floor, plus timely doubles with someone else athletic and way bigger than Rose to get him out of rhythm. Marvin, Josh, and Horford are all very good at that. The object is to wear on Rose (on both ends since Deng would be guarding someone else) and be competitive on the glass. Teague and Crawford aren't going to win us the series.

I know that lineup has no chance of ever happening. I just feel like we're definitely going to need to get creative with Hinrich out. But maybe this is when Teague becomes a man. We'll see.

I don't like Josh at the SF in this matchup because Deng makes his money off of moving around screens and Josh proved in the last series that he doesn't navigate screens or picks that well with his knee maybe part of the cause. Because the Bulls utilize more offball movement with their 2s and 3s than the Magic do then we are going to have to utilize Joe and Marvin more because they can get around easier and the very least offer more size and length if a switch is forced.

I agree with High5, we will have to go big in the backcourt against this team rather than the frontcourt. Throw Damien in there for defensive purposes at times and on offense he's shown that he can post smaller defenders with great efficiency which Rose will be forced to do if Marvin/Josh and Joe are sharing the other wing positions. With Boozer hobbled and Josh and Al already having a stellar history against him I feel that their length and athleticism can affect Rose similar to how we keyed in on Jennings last season when the Bucks lost their post threat. Either way I don't see how Collins can help much especially now with Teague conceivably starting and Zaza is just too vital to our bench to start him.

He is super quick and he could get some easy baskets, but Joe is a better defender than people give him credit for when he wants to be. He's good enough to get a body on Rose and make him work most times down the floor, plus timely doubles with someone else athletic and way bigger than Rose to get him out of rhythm. Marvin, Josh, and Horford are all very good at that. The object is to wear on Rose (on both ends since Deng would be guarding someone else) and be competitive on the glass. Teague and Crawford aren't going to win us the series.

I know that lineup has no chance of ever happening. I just feel like we're definitely going to need to get creative with Hinrich out. But maybe this is when Teague becomes a man. We'll see.

Well, what I want is Teague & JJ. Teague will be the speed factor & JJ will serve as the help defender. Not Marvin, his business is with Deng & Korver.

• Admin

Actually we SHOULD stay big. The Bulls biggest strength defensively is they are one of the best rebounding teams in the league. We need to get bigger than them. Also let Josh Smith play defense on Luol Deng and he can maybe shut him down like he did Turkoglu. And Horford can negate anything Boozer gives them down low and Noah isn't really that much of a threat himself

I think Turk shut himself down

Collins helps us in spacing and clogging the lane. We should start him and he plays the first 6 to 7 mins of each game.

Funny how guys change there stance so quickly. We should have never went away from our "Tough Lineup" It should not be called Big Lineup, but toughness lineup. That lineup with Marvin causes toughness and consistency in effort issues.