• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

who is a better scorer? jamal crawford or d.rose

Atownplaya84

I love Jamal when he's on and I think he deserves a mention in even the briefest history of the NBA with his 50+ in 3 uniforms and mastery of the Jumpshot And-1. But Rose is a monster in the paint, Jamal certainly is not. A true scorer to me is someone who can do it from 3, 15 feet, at the dotted, or in your center's grille.

• Like 3

Naw I still think jamal is a better scorer. Jamal can get to the line but just doesn't chose to because he has a shot...I. knw he stated plenty of times he can get too the hole at will but simply just leaves his defenders off the hook. Rose is great but his shot isn't that good which is y he drives so much.

I'll put it this way, Rose can average nearly 30 points on ridiculously poor efficiency.....Jamal has struggled to 20 points on just bad efficiency. No shame in it though, we are just witnessing the second coming of Iverson and Larry's Sixers.

• Premium Member

I personally think jc is but my homeboy thinks rose.....

If you needed a score, JC no doubt. But Rose has that Facilitator element to his game that makes him the better player.

Since he's been with the Hawks, JC doesn't do as much driving to the basket as he used to. JC used to be a guy who could take anybody to the hole with the shake and bake. Moreover, he was a guy who led the league in FT attempts. We've never used him in that way. We like him off the ball (especially when JJ is in the game) and playing on the perimeter. Still, JC is a beast when it comes to total offense. He just doesn't facilitate well because he's a ball hog.

Okay I'm all about being a fan of the Hawks and their players but people cannot honestly think that Crawford is on the same level of scoring ability as Rose right? Rose is able to score from everywhere on the court and while Crawford (to a degree) is as well, Rose has a HUGE advantage of finishing in traffic at the rim. To bad their defensive ability isn't up for somewhat of a debate like their offensive ability is.

Okay I'm all about being a fan of the Hawks and their players but people cannot honestly think that Crawford is on the same level of scoring ability as Rose right? Rose is able to score from everywhere on the court and while Crawford (to a degree) is as well, Rose has a HUGE advantage of finishing in traffic at the rim. To bad their defensive ability isn't up for somewhat of a debate like their offensive ability is.

Exactly. The homerism is getting thick in this thread. If Jamal played for any team other than our Hawks, nobody would be debating this question. Rose is a much, much better scorer than Jamal. That isn't a slight to Jamal, who is the most valuable 2nd string 2-guard in the league. But scoring isn't just about taking a lot of shots and making some of them. It's about maximizing efficiency, and when a guy goes 19-21 in free throws in a playoff game, that is pretty darn efficient. That was Derrick Rose, btw, in game 1 vs the Pacers. For a PG to get 21 FTA in a single game is beyond phenomenal.

I mean Dolfan23...d.rose jumper is avg or above at best...yea he gets to the hole. Jamal can get to the hole at will IF he tried also...something I noticed bout mal an like someone stated he doesn't have the flair he had back in the day.

Before this year I'd agree with you and while Rose isn't quite as effective with his jumper as Jamal you still have to guard him as he can hit from anywhere. And nobody in the game can finish like Rose can.

Exactly. The homerism is getting thick in this thread. If Jamal played for any team other than our Hawks, nobody would be debating this question. Rose is a much, much better scorer than Jamal. That isn't a slight to Jamal, who is the most valuable 2nd string 2-guard in the league. But scoring isn't just about taking a lot of shots and making some of them. It's about maximizing efficiency, and when a guy goes 19-21 in free throws in a playoff game, that is pretty darn efficient. That was Derrick Rose, btw, in game 1 vs the Pacers. For a PG to get 21 FTA in a single game is beyond phenomenal.

Good point I didn't even think about the FT game and how much him getting fouled affects the game. Hell without his getting to the line they probably wouldn't have beaten the Pacers in the 1st round. And some of those shots he made where he got and-ones in that series was truly amazing. He made shots that I haven't seen anyone other than probably D-Wade make since Jordan in his prime.

A . . the problem is that altough Jamal has the ability to do it, he doesn't do it. You can't give credit to people for having the ability to do something, if he doesn't use that ability.

The difference between Jamal and Derrick, is that Derrick will go relentlessly to the hole when his shot isn't falling . . while Jamal will continue to take the same types of shots that he's currently missing.

That makes Derrick the better scorer over Jamal.

Now if you want to say that Jamal has the better jumper, then OK. But he's not the better scorer. An ice cod Jamal will shoot you right out of the game. An ice cold Derrick will still get his points at the FT line, to offset the cold shooting.

I have to say Rose simply because Jamal hasn't done it. Jamal has played on some historically bad teams and I don't think he has ever averaged near 30 pts. game. I mean Jamal isn't really a better a scorer than Joe.

Weve watched basketball long enough to know better .

If jamal drove to the hole 30 time tonight he wont get sent to the line 20 time that we know for a fact .

Those fouls shots are league generated something they wouldnt give to jamal or joe or anyone on our team no matter what they did .

If anyone watched the entire series they would know that while Rose shot a ridiculous amount of fts the first two games he wasnt worth anything in games three or four and they won simply because The Pacers didnt have enough legit scorers .