• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congrats and Good Luck from a Grizzlies Fan!

memgrizzlies

I would love to see that matchup.

I'm loving watching the grizz play this postseason. I'll be cheering for them until we play eachother.

Yeah, it'd be great. The media would have a heart attack. :laugh:

Yall have a great team as well that is very fun to watch. It's nice to see Joe Johnson live up to his contract. That fadeawaj J by Crawford today was sweet! Dirk-esque.

• Like 2

Thanks for the props, I'm rooting for Memphis to come out of the West. Zach is freakin amazing, I love how he had to work for everything he gets, you can see it in his game as well as his past history, very amazing story. Memphis is for real

Atlanta being my favorite team in the East, Memphis being my favorite team in the West. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING IF THE FINALS WOULD TURN OUT TO BE THESE DAYS!! Im rooting for yall just the same.

LESSSS GOOOOOO!

A Finals matchup of the Grizzlies and Hawks would be equivalent to the universe dividing by zero. Words cannot describe how truly epic that would be. Every media member might just spontaneously combust from it.

For that I say beat OKC, and we will do our best to take down Da Bulls!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Thanks for the well wishes. I think most of us are also rooting for the Grizz to win the West for exactly the same reasons: our teams get zero respect or notice from national media and fans, when we win its never about how good our team is but its all about how the other team lost, etc. I think it would be great for the long term health of the NBA to have an Atl/Mem matchup in the Finals just to show that random good teams CAN make it to the Finals and even win a title. It can't be about the same few teams year in, year out.

A Finals matchup of the Grizzlies and Hawks would be equivalent to the universe dividing by zero. Words cannot describe how truly epic that would be. Every media member might just spontaneously combust from it.

For that I say beat OKC, and we will do our best to take down Da Bulls!

Don't worry, the commissioner would never let it happen. The officials have probably already gotten a sternly worded memo, and now Rose will probably head to the line 25 times in game 2. Great D by Teague in game 1, by the way.

• Moderators

Last night's victory by the Hawks marks the first season that two teams won Game 1 of their first two rounds of the NBA Playoffs as the lower-seeded road team.

The 2010-11 Hawks have the lowest regular-season record among teams accomplishing the feat since the NBA expanded to a 16-team format in 1984. Only Del Harris' and Moses Malone's 1981 Rockets (NBA Finalists) went into the playoffs with a worse regular season record.

The 2010-11 Grizzlies are the only 8-seed other than Jeff Van Gundy's and Latrell Sprewell's Knicks (also NBA Finalists) of the strike-shortened 1999 season to accomplish the feat.

NBA Playoff History: Two or More Game 1 Road Wins by Lower Seeds

(8-team format)

Boston Celtics (4) 1969 (48-34) – @ Philadelphia (2) 114-100, @ New York (3) 108-100

(12-team format)

Houston Rockets (6) 1981 (40-42) – @ LA Lakers (1) 111-107, @ San Antonio (2) 107-98, @ Kansas City (5) 97-78

(16-team format)

New Jersey Nets (6) 1984 (45-37) – @ Philadelphia (3) 116-101, @ Milwaukee (2) 106-100

Chicago Bulls (6) 1989 (47-35) – @ Cleveland (3) 95-88, @ New York (2) 120-109, @ Detroit (1) 94-88

Indiana Pacers (5) 1994 (47-35) – @ Orlando (4) 89-88, @ Atlanta (1) 96-85

New York Knicks ( 8 ) 1999 (27-23) – @ Miami (1) 95-75, @ Atlanta (4) 100-92, @ Indiana (1) 93-90

Houston Rockets (5) 2009 (53-29) – @ Portland (4) 108-81, @ LA Lakers (1) 100-92

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES ( 8 ) 2011 (46-36) – @ San Antonio (1) 101-98, @ Oklahoma City (4) 114-101

ATLANTA HAWKS (5) 2011 (44-38) – @ Orlando (4) 103-93, @ Chicago (1) 103-95

Go Underdogs!

Can you just imagine the barbeque???

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Firstly, I would like to say congratulations on proving the haters wrong by beating the Bulls tonight. I feel like we (Memphis) and yall (Atlanta) are in the same boat. We both are in small markets (although I don't consider Atlanta a small market, but everyone else does), we are both young, energetic, and a both sleepers.

I legitimately think yall can beat the Bulls in a 7 game series, but it will be tough. Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford have really impressed me and I like what yall have going on on yall's team.

No matter what happens in our games, the media will always try to downplay the significance of our wins and talk about what the other team did to lose the game instead of talking about what we did to win the game. We are extremely used to that by now, and I think yall are too. We just have to let our play on the court do our talking.

I just came by here to congratulate the Atlanta Hawks on a great win, and good luck in the future!

Here's to hoping for a Grizzlies-Hawks Finals matchup! :drinks:

Classy post and thank you ... best wishes for the Grizz as well as Hawksquawk has y'alls back.

Thanks for all the love guys! Tonight should be a good one against the Thunder. I went to ESPN.com, and of course I saw what I saw. Everyone is still picking the Bulls and Thunder to dominate from here on out. What's up with that? Both of our teams have proved time and time again that we can hang with the big dogs, yet the media just doesn't want to believe that. They will do anything to belittle us and would be ecstatic if either one of us got knocked out of the Playoffs. Whatever. We just gotta shove our foot up their *ss! :bottom:

• Like 2

I did something that I'd never done before 2 weeks ago. I attended back to back NBA games.

IMe living in Middle Tennessee, I'm about 4 hours from ATL and 3.25 hours from Memphis. So I made the decision to attend BOTH Game 3s. Zoomed down to ATL that Friday night, got to Philips Arena right at tip off. Hawks played inspired basketball, until they let the Magic back into the game. Jamal was great, and the crowd went crazy when he banked in that 3.

Left the arena, partied for a while in ATL, then headed back to Tennessee.

Got about 6 hours rest, and made my way to the FedEx Forum in Memphis. LOL . . got there right at tip off again. Saw the Grizzlies play a great 1st half, until San Antonio made their run. Like Crawford, Z-Bo makes an improbable 3 with the shot clock running down, and the Griz get their 1st playoff home win. Beale St was rockin afterwards.

If not for my job making us work this Saturday, I'd seriously think about doing that again. But I'll try my best to make it to ATL on Sunday night.

LOL @ an ATL - MEM final. ABC would try to forefeit the rights to the series, and put it on ESPN instead. But I would love to see that. And I would try to be at every game.

But as much as I like the Griz, my allegiance lies with the Hawks. The white #2 JJ jersey would be in a hostile environment, but I wouldn't care.

One thing about the Memphis crowd though, I'm glad to see you guys channel the energy you brng to U of Memphis Tigers games, and transfer that to the Grizzlies. And as much as I like the A-Town dancers . . the Memphis dance team is off the charts.

• Like 2

Firstly, I would like to say congratulations on proving the haters wrong by beating the Bulls tonight. I feel like we (Memphis) and yall (Atlanta) are in the same boat. We both are in small markets (although I don't consider Atlanta a small market, but everyone else does), we are both young, energetic, and a both sleepers.

I legitimately think yall can beat the Bulls in a 7 game series, but it will be tough. Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford have really impressed me and I like what yall have going on on yall's team.

No matter what happens in our games, the media will always try to downplay the significance of our wins and talk about what the other team did to lose the game instead of talking about what we did to win the game. We are extremely used to that by now, and I think yall are too. We just have to let our play on the court do our talking.

I just came by here to congratulate the Atlanta Hawks on a great win, and good luck in the future!

Here's to hoping for a Grizzlies-Hawks Finals matchup! :drinks:

Appreciated bro! GL to your Grizz, been pulling for them, actually had them picked to beat the Spurs.