• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunting for the good stuff.......

tonegully

Since everyone is upset i think we have a thread and hunt for the good stuff so far in this series.

1. Jeff Teague. Who cares how long he has been on the bench. As long as he doesnt go back to the bench. He has been awesome for us. I really think he should be in the game as long as Rose is in. Nothing else i can say about him. He as been playing way better than we couldve hoped for.

2. We have homecourt. As a Hawk fan im excited we stole ONE game in Chicago. We had no pressure on us tonight. We just need to win all our home games and we are gravy. Lets hope ATL comes out and support our guys.

Anyone else have anything to add?

• Like 2

I'm loving the way teague has been playing. He can get by anybody and get to the rim at will. I know it's only a couple games, but you can tell that this kid can play. Gives me a lot of hope for the future of this team actually.

• Like 2

We Played Horrible and was still only down 6 with under 5 min to ga against the team with the best record in the NBA...

We Took Homecourt From A Team That Won 18 More Games Than us In The Regular Season....WERE IN GOOD SHAPE!!!!!!

• Like 2

We definitely are in great shape, and played a miserable game. We will look back at this game and say, "shoulda won this one".

Teague played a great game. Loved to see the Little Guy show some heart out there.

Despite how "dumb" everyone thought the Hawks played, they still showed a lot of heart and tried to come back. For how miserable the boys played tonight, they were still in it at the end.

Let's hope the crowd isn't Pro-MVP... and let's take 2 games!

• Like 1

Our defense was good, good enough to keep us in the game even though our offense blew. Players hustled but the ball always seemed to bounce or roll the wrong way. Usually we only pair good defense with good offense. We kept the Chicago audience biting their nails.

Edited by atlguitar
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Can we play Damien some more? Maybe first off the bench instead of Craw when we need defense, or, hell, Marvin when we need offense?

So pleased with Teague's efforts. No he's not perfect, but without his aggressiveness we might still be looking for our first win. He's given us almost everything we could ask for, under the circumstances and given his on-court experience.

~lw3

• Like 1

Horf and Smoove, obviously, played way below their potential and what we're used to. JJ struggled at times, and Craws was, for the most part, non-existent. Yet, it's 77-71 late in the fourth. We were right there despite playing pretty bad. I know everyone is disappointed because we lost, but being 1-1 is all we could have asked for. The realistic goal when starting a playoff series on the road is to try and steal one, and we accomplished that. We all knew we weren't going to sweep the Bulls. The stars were aligned for the Bulls to win last night, yet we had a chance to win.

The only way that Chicago can stop Joe is by keeping the ball out of his hands. He had another good shooting night but just couldn't get more touches or into a proper rhythm because the Bulls were forcing him right and into a trap all evening.

Marvin had good energy and hustle and was active on the boards and on defense, he just needs to focus that into baskets and cut out mental mistakes on Deng.

Jamal was just trying to force himself into a heat check with some of his shot selections. He did this once before in the Magic series where he wanted to figure out just how hot he is but I expect him to cut that out and go back to his bread and butter.

Josh is capable of more than 6 minutes of good play.

Horf will stop overthinking.

Teague will start to get the appropriate calls and respect on his drives.

Zaza will take the first available shot.

The refs can't possible continue to be as blatant with their bias towards us.

• Moderators

The good stuff is that we lost because we fell into old bad habits on offense. We have two days to watch the tape and correct this. We are coming home where the crowd will give the team a boost. Better ball movement and quicker getting into our offense is all it takes to beat these guys. The Bulls have no confidence that they can beat us. Not that they don't think they can beat us but they have doubt. They aren't more talented and in this series we are playing as hard as them and defending well.

Hunting for more good stuff is that LD knows what are problems are. Tree ha to be a logical reason why snooze stays in the game. I'm thinking defense. Looks like smoove got fired up near the end. I hope he drops the headband.lol