• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what , are you scared to talk about Al punk Horford

Rattler4life000

Josh this and josh that..... you would think he was the problem last night...... have you watch al play ? Are big man is a jump shooter, a soft one at that..... he is scared and getting owned. They are physical with him and they know he won't fight back. All star my azz!

Josh this and josh that..... you would think he was the problem last night...... have you watch al play ? Our big man is a jump shooter, a soft one at that..... he is scared and getting owned. They are physical with him and they know he won't fight back. All star my azz!

• Like 3

I totally agree. He is playing softer than a goose down pillow inside and I cannot for the life of me figure out why he will not play aggressive defense.

Al has always tried to give off a persona of toughness but my god son....MAN UP!!!! Josh is at least playing with some swag and grabbing some boards...

Al is one lost puppy out there and he is playing like one...

• Premium Member

9 playoffs game

Horford 39.8 fg%

J.Smith 40.0 fg%

Why can't everyone just agree that they both

suck??

They both suck. But it's different kinds of suck, at least on offense. Al sucks mainly because he's missing shots he normally made during the year. Josh sucks because he's missing shots he has missed for his whole career. Put another way, Al is trying to do the right thing but failing miserably. Josh isn't even trying to do the right thing. I think the latter has a more demoralizing effect on the rest of the team.

Defensively and on the glass, both have been soft as tissue paper.

Regardless, yes, both have sucked. I'm starting to yearn to see more Zaza and Collins.

• Like 2

Lol Al doing the right thing? When his shot isn't falling does he go to the basket and get fouled? I think he might call Tito to cry to the media that his son needs a center to play alongside.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

How dare you criticize our All Star SG center.

• Like 1

Defensively and on the glass, both have been soft as tissue paper.

On the glass, yes. Defensively? No, Josh has actually shown up defensively while Al is nowhere to be found. Al never rotates in the paint and when he does he plays like a matador. Al has less than shown up this series.

Noah makes Al look like a b*tch. It's as simple as that. It's real sad to see Al touch the ball and Noah knows what he is going to do before Al does.

I think there are plenty of people calling out horford. he is definitely being way too soft.

Basketball is one of those sports though where the stats don't really show the whole story though. 0-1 with a missed jumper at the end of the shotclock has a different effect than being 0-1 with a missed 20ft jumper with 18 seconds left on the clock. That same missed shot can lead to a player complaining to the refs while the other team goes down the court and scores.

While their shooting stats are pretty similar, josh is doing way more to hurt the team that doesn't show up in the box score. Josh is one of the few players who has that ability to affect the team in good ways that don't show up in the stat sheet as well, he just hasn't been doing much of that, seemingly out of laziness. For instance, that block he had that led to a fastbreak dunk was more important than what shows up in the stat line. He needs to be more that kind of josh than 18foot jumper josh.

Al needs to be more aggressive for sure, but those shots he's been missing are shots that he is supposed to make and that coach probably wants him to be taking.

• Like 2

Horford has been an absolute non-factor and is getting abused by Noah, which is disappointing as Al is supposed to be the better player. We have to get something from Al to have a chance in this series -- he played the best game of his career against this team earlier in the year so he has the potential to do it.

For everyone on this Board that puts so much value in that intangible quality of being a "winner" -- which Al is said to have in great abundance -- now would be an excellent time to begin to demonstrate that.

Right now he like a bit playing pick-and-pop big with a very limited post game. He needs to match Noah's effort and get some O-boards for us to win.

So if Josh were to play out of position at center like Horford does, going up against bigger and stronger guys all season, would Josh be a two time all star? I doubt it. Let the apologists now begin their enlightening rants, just like Josh after a no foul call.