• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Minn wants to deal #2 for veteran help

warcore

120 mill to Minny...........what a joke!

Let's not act like Minnesota is a model franchise when it comes to making decisions here. Sure they're unlikely to take on a contract like JJ's but they've made countless awful decisions over the past decade so I wouldn't put it past them.

If anyone remembers back to the podcast from just before the playoffs started, which I believe was the BS report with Bill Simmons, someone mentioned that the Hawks should offer the Timberwolves Josh Smith for their lottery pick and filler. If we could get them to throw in Beasley or W Johnson plus the #2 pick for Josh Smith I'd have to be all over it. While neither of them are on the level of Josh Smith they're both young and could hold down the SF position for the next decade and actually give us production from there. Then we take a chance on Enes Kanter, the 6'11 275lb center from Turkey who is considered the best center in the draft. We could roll out a lineup next year like this:

Teague / Hinrich

JJ / Sy / Wilkins

Beasley or W Johnson / Marvin

Horford / MLE FA

Kanter / Zaza / Collins / Armstrong

That is a sick lineup with a ton of size and athleticism and plenty young enough to compete for years!

Let's not act like Minnesota is a model franchise when it comes to making decisions here. Sure they're unlikely to take on a contract like JJ's but they've made countless awful decisions over the past decade so I wouldn't put it past them.

If anyone remembers back to the podcast from just before the playoffs started, which I believe was the BS report with Bill Simmons, someone mentioned that the Hawks should offer the Timberwolves Josh Smith for their lottery pick and filler. If we could get them to throw in Beasley or W Johnson plus the #2 pick for Josh Smith I'd have to be all over it. While neither of them are on the level of Josh Smith they're both young and could hold down the SF position for the next decade and actually give us production from there. Then we take a chance on Enes Kanter, the 6'11 275lb center from Turkey who is considered the best center in the draft. We could roll out a lineup next year like this:

Teague / Hinrich

JJ / Sy / Wilkins

Beasley or W Johnson / Marvin

Horford / MLE FA

Kanter / Zaza / Collins / Armstrong

That is a sick lineup with a ton of size and athleticism and plenty young enough to compete for years!

i know how dumb Kahn is, but when it comes to $, he doesn't bite.

Kanter is no more of a C than Al, so I do not know why anyone would think he could be the answer at the C spot for a team that should be trying to get serious about a championship.

Yeah at 6'11 and 275lb he's definitely not a center ...

I would not be on board to trade Smith for the #2 pick.... he could be used to obtain a real star like Chris Paul.

Is it me, or has the opinion of the board changed dramatically since seeing what Jeff Teague can do? A month ago everyone was saying we won't go anywhere and will always hear opposing fans at Phillips unless we get a house hold name. Now everyone wants to keep Teague because he's very good and on a cheap deal.

I've always liked Teague and knew he was loaded with talent. But I still think if we have a chance to nab a superstar, do it. On the contrary, I would love to keep Teague and give him the keys if we can get another alpha (Howard... which I just don't see happening)

Edited by warcore

I would not be on board to trade Smith for the #2 pick.... he could be used to obtain a real star like Chris Paul.

Is it me, or has the opinion of the board changed dramatically since seeing what Jeff Teague can do? A month ago everyone was saying we won't go anywhere and will always hear opposing fans at Phillips unless we get a house hold name. Now everyone wants to keep Teague because he's very good and on a cheap deal.

I've always liked Teague and knew he was loaded with talent. But I still think if we have a chance to nab a superstar, do it. On the contrary, I would love to keep Teague and give him the keys if we can get another alpha (Howard... which I just don't see happening)

Well, there is alot of people would think the same way you do about trading Josh Smith or heck Al Horford to NOH for Chris Paul but we are dealing with the ASG here and believe me, they aint going past that Lux. Tax at all. Plus they dont have no man things to even think about it or even pull it off.

So in other word ------->:beathorse:

A trade involving Smith/Teague/Marvin for Paul/++ would be ideal. If New Orleans would take Joe instead of Smith, that would be ideal but not likely.

Hmm....maybe if we go all out for Paul then he might be able to encourage Howard to come? If Howard wanted to come, Orlando wouldn't find a better sign-and-trade offer than Al Horford.

If he was actually 6"11, 275 I would agree with you

6'11.25" 259lbs but at only 19 and a barely 6% body fat I'm sure he could bulk up 15 pounds.

I don't know why lots of scouts are saying he is a pf with that body. It's ridiculous.

If you are a big that can pretty much walk and chew bubble gum at the same time you will be projected at PF because it's a more skilled position these days whereas C is now reserved for bangers and stiffs that only excel at one aspect.

Kanter isn't 6"11, the measurements are out and he measured 6"9.75 without shoes. I am sorry if I am not one of those people that buys into a guy gaining a inch and a half to two inches by simply putting a pair of basketball shoes. You get a inch with shoes, nothing more nothing less, if anything more something fishy is going on. Therefore, Kanter is 6"10.75 with shoes on to me, but I will admit that he is bigger than Al as far as wingspan, height, and weight, but that does not mean he is more of a C. If he is one of those big men that are nailed to the floor, Al's overall physical tools will look better. So, let us wait on the official athletic measurements before making judgement. He could be weak as heck, can't jump or move laterally because of his knees. Can't just take one part of the book and blow it out of proportion.

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

Right, bad enough you are splitting hairs on a quarter inch but you also think he and every player was/is measured in stilettos now. If you check the database the average shoe sole width or thickness is at 1.25" and varies mostly between there and at 1.50" so that would still place him at a height of 6'11" flat unless he decides to play in slippers. This doesn't account for socks, ankle tape, orthotics or the fact that it's not out of the realm of possibility for a 19 year old to grow a quarter to a full inch as they grow older. So discounting his already center height, center weight, center width and center length you also believe that he will test out as a stiff which somehow would make him less than C? Just take the L on this one and move on.

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong but this is not the case. You and anyone else that reads a certain part of the book are as lost as that guy saying we all gonna die today. Tim Duncan, KG, and so many other players have better height and length than Al, Kanter, and many C's but they refused to be labeled a C for whatever reason. Timmie always did better when he played alongside a C and KG simply always refused to acknowledge he was 7 ft because he did not want to be stuck at C, Rasheed Wallace has better length and height than Kanter also. I am waiting for the whole book to be revealed before claiming he is more of a C than Al. So, you can go ahead and take the loss when it comes to someone jumping to conclusions.

Oh I see, let's read books while we are going ahead and moving the goal posts.

You started off like this:

Kanter is no more of a C than Al, so I do not know why anyone would think he could be the answer at the C spot for a team that should be trying to get serious about a championship.

Now the word more could be used ambiguously and interpreted to mean a greater Center than Al in that he is better player or in that he possesses better measurables for the position than Al. Seeing as we are discussing a prospect here then his "book" can't possibly be even penned until 10 years from now when we can adequately weigh their respective careers and say whether one was better than the other so that leaves us logically with one conclusion of which you were nice enough to clarify to the board with this response:

If he was actually 6"11, 275 I would agree with you

He came into the combine on his 19th birthday at 6'11" and change and 260lbs.

Now either you are one literal person in that he must meet both of that height and weight requirements to even get classified as a Center prospect or you are a person who has been stonewalled and is attempting wildly to smokescreen and tap dance your way out of just actually admitting you are fully wrong. Seeing as you've attempted to question the entire draft combine measurement process, gone off to speak about books in metaphor and now have resorted to bringing in greats such Duncan, KG, and Rasheed (all of which weighed considerably less than Kanter at their combines) as proof of, I don't know what, something it's led me to one conclusion:

You're full of s***.

Now lace em up tight.

Why not look at the numbers at the pre-draft combine and let them decide whether or not Kanter can play center. I've compared him with Horford and the only 2 remaining starting centers that DraftExpress had numbers for.

Name Height w/o Shoes Height w/shoes Weight Wingspan Reach Body Fat Hand Length Hand Width No Step Vert No Step Vert Reach Max Vert Max Vert Reach Bench Agility Sprint

Al Horford 6' 8.75" 6' 9.75" 246 7' 0.75" 8' 11" 9.1 NA NA 31.0 11' 6" 35.5 11' 10.5" 20 12.15 3.37

Enes Kanter 6' 9.75" 6' 11.25" 259 7' 1.5" 9' 1.5" 5.9 9.50 10.75 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

Joakim Noah 6' 10.5" 7' 0" 223 7' 1.25" 8' 10.5" 4.8 NA NA 32.5 11' 7" 37.5 12' 0" 12 11.79 3.47

Tyson Chandler 6' 11.5" 7' 0.5" 224 7' 3" 9' 2" NA NA NA 31.0 11' 9" 33.5 11' 11.5" 2 12.13 3.36
[/code]

Seems to me that by nearly any measurable that Kanter is more than qualified to play center considering how well he compares with Chandler and Noah and has better numbers than Horford. Of course numbers don't mean everything but the guy has clearly shown that he can play and he's still young and growing.

How many people get rebounds by just standing there? Bol, Shawn Bradley, Yao Ming, Shaq, you have to be a real physical beast to do that, so when I say wait for the whole book, I mean wait to see how he compares to Al when the verticals come out. The guy could be nailed to the ground for all we know.

6'11.25" 259lbs but at only 19 and a barely 6% body fat I'm sure he could bulk up 15 pounds.

If you are a big that can pretty much walk and chew bubble gum at the same time you will be projected at PF because it's a more skilled position these days whereas C is now reserved for bangers and stiffs that only excel at one aspect.

Got it......

At only 19 Kanter is probably still growing too.

Edit: Here is proof he is still growing. Look at his measurables grow from 2010 to 2011:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analyzing-the-2011-NBA-Combine-Measurements-3712/'>http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analyzing-the-2011-NBA-Combine-Measurements-3712/

Enes Kanter - 2010 6'10.5” 7'1” 255 (Hoop Summit)

Enes Kanter - 2011 6'11.25” 7'1.5” 260 (Chicago)

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analyzing-the-2011-NBA-Combine-Measurements-3712/'>http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analyzing-the-2011-NBA-Combine-Measurements-3712/#ixzz1NNb14w9h

http://www.draftexpress.com

With a 9'1.5'' standing reach he easily has the length to play center in the NBA. Here is how that measureable stacks up against other bigs drafted in the top 15:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=All&sort2=DESC&draft=15&pos=5&source=All&sort=6

He looks pretty good vs the best American bigs his age. He is not a stiff by any means. He seems to run well. Kanter also shows both fluidpost up and fluid face up moves.... which for his size and age is quite impressive. I like him.

Edited by coachx