• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Minn wants to deal #2 for veteran help

warcore

Minn needs help at SG and C. We would love to deal JJ's contract.

Hornets could use the #2 pick and young pieces to build around because they should know that CP3 is not staying.

I'm not sure how to make the salaries match.... but something along the lines of sending JJ, filler to Minn, Jeff Teague, #2 pick, Wes Johnson, filler to NOH and CP3 and filler to Atlanta.

Hornets would also like to get out of Okafors contract and I think Minn could take that on.

Thoughts?

I feel like any way we could get CP3 without giving up Smith or Horf would be a dream off season.

Hornets could use the #2 pick and young pieces to build around because they should know that CP3 is not staying.

I'm not sure how to make the salaries match.... but something along the lines of sending JJ, filler to Minn, Jeff Teague, #2 pick, Wes Johnson, filler to NOH and CP3 and filler to Atlanta.

Hornets would also like to get out of Okafors contract and I think Minn could take that on.

Thoughts?

I feel like any way we could get CP3 without giving up Smith or Horf would be a dream off season.

We could use that #2 on an elite Forward prospect like Derrick Williams. He could replace Marvin ten fold.

Edited by GameTime

We could use that #2 on an elite Forward prospect like Derrick Williams. He could replace Marvin ten fold.

I agree with you whole-heartedly, and I'm a huge fan of Derrick Williams. However, we already have Smoove who is a great SF/PF tweener so it would be wiser to use our assets to obtain help in greater areas.

If we want Derrick Williams, it would make more sense to give up smoove to get him.... but wouldn't you rather keep smoove and trade JJ if it's possible? I think it's worth looking into.... (if we only had a GM with a brain :scratchhead: )

and I understand Minn is interested in Bogut and AI, but I feel like they would definitely be open to discussing JJ instead of AI if they knew we were open to it.

• Premium Member

I assume you're not replying to the topic... because it states bringing CP3 here.

No, i was replying to the reply of the topic.

To the topic...

What is there to say about Teague??

I love CP3. I want us to have CP3... but as a first chair to JJ's second chair. DAMN.

hOWEVER, if we traded JJ to get CP3, what's going to happen with Teague?

Please tell me you aren't comparing Derrick to Marvin?

No. I'm questioning the decision making of somebody picking a SF with the #2 pick overall...

Unless your name is Melo or Durant, no Sf should be picked that high.

The Forward position or the easiest position to find in basketball.

There has to be some world beater C or PG... at 2.

No, i was replying to the reply of the topic.

To the topic...

What is there to say about Teague??

I love CP3. I want us to have CP3... but as a first chair to JJ's second chair. DAMN.

hOWEVER, if we traded JJ to get CP3, what's going to happen with Teague?

No. I'm questioning the decision making of somebody picking a SF with the #2 pick overall...

Unless your name is Melo or Durant, no Sf should be picked that high.

The Forward position or the easiest position to find in basketball.

There has to be some world beater C or PG... at 2.

I'm kinda with Diesel here. Getting CP3 is only a step forward for us IF we have talent left to be around him. I'd rather use Horford or Smith to faciliate a trade for CP3 and forget the draft picks. If we could somehow get Paul and keeep JJ and either Horf/Smith, then we've got something brewing. The wheels are turning. Check the trade forum for Offseason plan 4.0 (soon to be revealed).

Thoughts?

After one, the prospects aren't that great. I like Enes Kanter. I am intrigutde by him. Here is my NEEDS wishlist:

1. CP3/Okafor for Smith, Teague, Hinrich, and Zaza.

2. Josh Smith for (#2pick)Kanter and Beasley

3. Or one trade idea I liked was Hinrich for a SnT with a center like Daly or Oden. That's actually a deal I liked that could help us.

If one of those three happen, I can see us being contenders or closer to it.

So give up our allstar for another #2 pick overall SF with the last name Williams??????

Brilliant?????

Williams is more of a PnR forward than a true SF. He's a bit of a tweener like Marvin but more polished. I don't like the idea of drafting him.

The only way I'd be happy with keeping Joe Johnson and his salary now is if he becomes the sidekick. He would DEFINITELY be Chris Paul's sidekick so I'm all for this deal. Minny might bite for a combo of Teague and Horf or Smoove included in a 3 way trade somehow.

Edited by Eddielives

There is no way Minnesota trades the #2 pick for the opportunity to pay JJ $120 million. Not happening.

Rubio isn't going to come over until Minnesota has a winning team, and they've expressed plenty of times that they want to start winning now to make their young kids competitive before it's too late.

They do have incentive to pay JJ - winning.

• Premium Member

Even though the draft is pretty weak this year, that #2 pick is intriguing. But I doubt the Hawks make a major trade involving draft pieces unless it's something small to get into the late first round to pick up a Marshon Brooks or something and then give up the late second rounder for cash. In fact, that's probably exactly what will happen if they let Jamal walk.The team is getting predictable when it comes to stuff like this. That's not a knock, they just seem to have the tendency to make small moves to 'tweak' the roster rather than anything major.

The only way I'd be happy with keeping Joe Johnson and his salary now is if he becomes the sidekick. He would DEFINITELY be Chris Paul's sidekick so I'm all for this deal. Minny might bite for a combo of Teague and Horf or Smoove included in a 3 way trade somehow.

well if we're dealing Horf/Smoove for Paul, there's no need for it to be a 3 way. The whole point of doing a 3 way with Minny is because they need an allstar SG.

I hear what you guys are saying about JJ being a great sidekick to CP3 -- but I also feel Smoove and Horford would be better because of youth and athleticism. Paul can't throw alley oops to Joe Johnson. Joe would be a spot up shooter, which could be easily replaced elsewhere.

Even though the draft is pretty weak this year, that #2 pick is intriguing. But I doubt the Hawks make a major trade involving draft pieces unless it's something small to get into the late first round to pick up a Marshon Brooks or something and then give up the late second rounder for cash. In fact, that's probably exactly what will happen if they let Jamal walk.The team is getting predictable when it comes to stuff like this. That's not a knock, they just seem to have the tendency to make small moves to 'tweak' the roster rather than anything major.

Good point. Definitely a Dimitroff move not a Sund move.

well if we're dealing Horf/Smoove for Paul, there's no need for it to be a 3 way. The whole point of doing a 3 way with Minny is because they need an allstar SG.

I hear what you guys are saying about JJ being a great sidekick to CP3 -- but I also feel Smoove and Horford would be better because of youth and athleticism. Paul can't throw alley oops to Joe Johnson. Joe would be a spot up shooter, which could be easily replaced elsewhere.

Why the hell does Atlanta trade Joe Johnson? Why does Minny need Joe contract when they aren't close to winning? Horford not getting traded, it's borderline retarded when people on here mention him in a trade. Sometimes I question if we are watching the same Atlanta Hawks. Thankfully BK is not here and Sund is so we don't have like minded people who want to trade Horford in the organization and make a mistake 10x worst than Marvin over CP3, drafting Shelden in the top five or trading an older Nique for Manning. This is no shot to you warcore, this is to guys like Diesel, GT, Smoove font types alike.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Rubio isn't going to come over until Minnesota has a winning team, and they've expressed plenty of times that they want to start winning now to make their young kids competitive before it's too late.

They do have incentive to pay JJ - winning.

He's coming now.

Rubio to Minny

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "HomeCourt" to "Trade Ideas".

Unless the Hawks are mentioned as a trading partner let's keep these trades in the Trade forum if we're going to speculate on trades or the Around the NBA forum if we're just talking about the trade. If the Hawks are mentioned as a trading partner then this topic would be fine in the main board.