• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

exactly....this isn't just for this year but for the next decade and you think Kobe can keep giving you top player production for the next 10 years?

• Premium Member

Kobe Bryant

He may be old, but he's still effective. With him at the 2 spot, it gives you defense, shooting, playmaking, and most importantly a closer. A team always needs a closer to go to when things get close, so when that happens you can always count on Kobe Bryant.

Forget what the people are saying. Kobe is what 31? Jordan was what 39 for his last championship? Some players are eternal.

Forget what the people are saying. Kobe is what 31? Jordan was what 39 for his last championship? Some players are eternal.

I didn't realize that we were supposed to be building a team for the long haul, but anyway I agree. There's nuttin wrong with picking Kobe. With how hard he works at keeping himself in top physical condition and with the motor and drive he's got for success, I would never bet against him.

how many years do you project kobe to have left? how many of those as top-5, as all-star, as serviceable?

He could surround Kobe with some young talent to take the torch.There have been plenty more "young teams with potential" that never got over the hump then there have been NBA Champions.Boston built there team with allstars over 30 and have been in it, to win it for the last 4 years now. Look at Dallas now for instance. Their entire starting 5 is over 32 accept for Chandler who is 29.Every GM will have their own philosophy on how they want their franchise to begin. Edited by coachx

Ya, Jordan was retired at 31 and 32 but won his last 3 Chamionships at 33,34, and 35. Kobe could do the same. At 40 years of age Jordan averaged 20 ppg while playing 37 mpg for the Bobcats.Kobe's game will change as did Jordan's during that time. Kobe will muscle up like Jordan did and start posting up more rather then beating guys off the dribble. Kobe is also a better shooter then Jordan was so I think he will age well. Edited by coachx

i agree with you guysi think kobe is a top pick in this draft and don't think it was a bad picki was just trying to get him to defend his pick in his writeup by saying the kinds of stuff that you guys posted; that's the point of writeups, to convince others that your players/team are great and overcome any potential objections (like his age) with the writeup (like pointing out boston/mj/etc)

• Moderators

CHRIS PAUL

I think there isn't a lot of difference between the talent available at picks 4-7. Paul is the best PG in the NBA today. Great passer first, scorer and has turned out to be a plus defender. He is only 26 and will be the gold standard for point guards assuming he doesn't suffer a catastrophe.

• Admin

CHRIS PAUL

I think there isn't a lot of difference between the talent available at picks 4-7. Paul is the best PG in the NBA today. Great passer first, scorer and has turned out to be a plus defender. He is only 26 and will be the gold standard for point guards assuming he doesn't suffer a catastrophe.

I really struggled with who I wanted to take Deron or Paul.

• Moderators

I really struggled with who I wanted to take Deron or Paul.

Like you, I think it is a mistake to go with a scoring first point if you can avoid it and that rings even more true the more shallow the "league" is (here currently 17 teams).

Derrick Rose

Skills, Thrills, and Dolla Billz. D Rose provides all three, he is one of the most talented point guards of this generation, he is one of the most exciting, and he brings the marketability and revenue that is needed for a Franchise to become a Dynasty. Revolutionizing the position through his quickness and speed, Rose is unstoppable on the break and unstoppable when his shot is on which is only bound to get better. And last but not least, he is young and durable which are essential to build a team around and has just recently become the youngest MVP in NBA history.

coachx setting it up for me with that

there are a lot of great young guards, but not many big men that can legit be projected to be a top 3 pf/c for the next 10 years

so i'm taking Blake Griffin

rookie of the year

won rookie of the month every month

made all-star team as a rookie

built like a tank; his pre-rookie season injury was a fluke

22/12 as a rookie with passion and already the leader of the team, inspiring baron davis to actually play last year

rebounding wins championships and championship teams need a great big

I would say pick number 10, imo it's Lebron/Dwight , the next 8 and then the rest from there on out

I agree there are probably 2 undrafted players that are superior players in the present but some GMs will value potential over present talent of an older undrafted player.

coachx setting it up for me with that

there are a lot of great young guards, but not many big men that can legit be projected to be a top 3 pf/c for the next 10 years

so i'm taking Blake Griffin

rookie of the year

won rookie of the month every month

made all-star team as a rookie

built like a tank; his pre-rookie season injury was a fluke

22/12 as a rookie with passion and already the leader of the team, inspiring baron davis to actually play last year

rebounding wins championships and championship teams need a great big

Yup yup, I was leaning towards Blake or Rose, but how are you judging his position (is he a tweener?) in the NBA? Edited by Supporter