• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

yeah, def some great players for next 3-5 years if you want your team to be really good early on, but tough to know what will be available round 2 and 3 so risky to go for that; but if everyone goes for younger then someone could swoop in with older stealspeople near the end of round 1 will have a better idea who they will get with #2 so can pick more 'duos' than earlier on

Franchise Draft Order1. L. James2. D. Howard3. K. Durant4. D. Williams5. K. Bryant6. C. Paul7. D. Rose8. B. Griffin

Darn you, Nicholasp. I had gotten the draft order all mixed up in my head and thought I was picking 8th, so I was gonna take Griffin there and had even written up all the reasons why I wanted to take him, but doh! My bad. :swoon: Wicked space cadet.Now I have to go back to the drawing board, hmmm. Give me a little bit please, fellas. I am in the process of moving this weekend and am a little bit overwhelmed with that, but I will get this pick in ASAP, by this evening at the latest.

Darn you, Nicholasp. I had gotten the draft order all mixed up in my head and thought I was picking 8th, so I was gonna take Griffin there and had even written up all the reasons why I wanted to take him, but doh! My bad. :swoon: Wicked space cadet.

It would had been really funny had you announced your pick of B. Griffin at #8 before Nicholasp posted........considerng he is the comissioner of this league and all.

It would had been really funny had you announced your pick of B. Griffin at #8 before Nicholasp posted........considerng he is the comissioner of this league and all.

The funny thing was I almost did that. I had it all saved onto Word and had the thread open at the spot where Rose had been picked and was just going to paste it in and post it. Thank god I refreshed the thread beforehand, else I'd have felt like a REAL idiot, heh. :biggrin:

Anyway, I am going to have to take Mr. Dwayne Wade.

He's one of the last of the A-listers still on the board and I'd be happy to have him on any team I owned. The one hesitation I would have if I were starting a team would be his age and past injury issues, but he is only 29 and might still have years of greatness ahead of him.

He's definitely got that 'It' factor going on, he's got serious star quality, and he's a player I'd pay money to go and see play, so why wouldn't I want someone like that on my team? He has proven without a doubt that he can be The Man, that one guy so good he's able to elevate his team to a championship. His performance in the 2006 playoffs and Finals was a signature moment in NBA history, and John Hollinger has rated his performance in the 2006 Finals as being the greatest postseason performance in NBA history, bringing his team back from the 0-2 deficit like that by going for 34.7 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.7 steals in a slow paced series in which neither team ever cracked the 100 point barrier- and that whole playoff run was all on Wade, as Shaq was hobbled and injured and barely even himself. Wade picked that team up and carried it on his back all the way to a championship, and he was just 24 years old.

He's the total package on both ends of the floor. He's got quicks, he's got hops, he's a fricken deadly shooter and terrific scorer (25.5 PPG, 4th in NBA) and his ability to drive to the hole gets him to the line a LOT (8.8 FT attempts per this season ranked him 3rd in the NBA, and career-wise he gets to the line over 9 times per game)- and defensively he ranks only behind LeBron among all SG, and he's also got the quickness and playmaking ability to play PG exceptionally well, and that includes defensively. He's just a fantastic player all around and on both ends of the floor.

Oh yeah, and I have no idea how to PM anyone here. I've never used that feature and wasn't even aware this board had it, so if someone else wants to PM the next up, go for it please.

• Like 1

Rajon Rondo

As a GM I think that the most important position on the floor is going to be your floor general, and Rondo is one of the best. Rondo is a team leader, he can lead by example and he can step up and be a positive voice in the locker room. As far as playing the Point Guard, I want a guy that can give me 10+ assists a game and can be an extension of the coach. Defense you ask? Well he is one of the best defensive guards in the league, players like Paul and Wall will not just blow by Rondo. Toughness? All you have to do is look at the Boston Miami series this year. Rondo will be the leader of my team for at least the next 10 years, and I am happy he is on my team.

The funny thing was I almost did that. I had it all saved onto Word and had the thread open at the spot where Rose had been picked and was just going to paste it in and post it. Thank god I refreshed the thread beforehand, else I'd have felt like a REAL idiot, heh. :biggrin:

Anyway, I am going to have to take Mr. Dwayne Wade.

He's one of the last of the A-listers still on the board and I'd be happy to have him on any team I owned. The one hesitation I would have if I were starting a team would be his age and past injury issues, but he is only 29 and might still have years of greatness ahead of him.

He's definitely got that 'It' factor going on, he's got serious star quality, and he's a player I'd pay money to go and see play, so why wouldn't I want someone like that on my team? He has proven without a doubt that he can be The Man, that one guy so good he's able to elevate his team to a championship. His performance in the 2006 playoffs and Finals was a signature moment in NBA history, and John Hollinger has rated his performance in the 2006 Finals as being the greatest postseason performance in NBA history, bringing his team back from the 0-2 deficit like that by going for 34.7 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.7 steals in a slow paced series in which neither team ever cracked the 100 point barrier- and that whole playoff run was all on Wade, as Shaq was hobbled and injured and barely even himself. Wade picked that team up and carried it on his back all the way to a championship, and he was just 24 years old.

He's the total package on both ends of the floor. He's got quicks, he's got hops, he's a fricken deadly shooter and terrific scorer (25.5 PPG, 4th in NBA) and his ability to drive to the hole gets him to the line a LOT (8.8 FT attempts per this season ranked him 3rd in the NBA, and career-wise he gets to the line over 9 times per game)- and defensively he ranks only behind LeBron among all SG, and he's also got the quickness and playmaking ability to play PG exceptionally well, and that includes defensively. He's just a fantastic player all around and on both ends of the floor.

Oh yeah, and I have no idea how to PM anyone here. I've never used that feature and wasn't even aware this board had it, so if someone else wants to PM the next up, go for it please.

Honestly I would of taken Mr. Wade had it not been for his age, he's the complete package Edited by Supporter

I like the Rondo pick a lot. I thought pretty hard about him too, because in my opinion he is the best pure PG in the NBA. Offensively, he plays an old-school game at the point that is really appealing, just a pure passer and distributor and man can he lead a team up the floor. He's an excellent player, and he's got the heart of a lion beating inside that chest.

I like the Rondo pick a lot. I thought pretty hard about him too, because in my opinion he is the best pure PG in the NBA. Offensively, he plays an old-school game at the point that is really appealing, just a pure passer and distributor and man can he lead a team up the floor. He's an excellent player, and he's got the heart of a lion beating inside that chest.

JOHN WALL

I don't really care for all the dancing but this guy is the best combination of youth, talent, and leadership left on the board in my opinion. 16.4 8.3 4.6 vs. 16.8 6.3 3.9 = Wall vs. Rose rookie seasons. Wall's assists are really impressive for a rookie on a bad team. He showed natural instincts to get others involved and did not force shots as much as I thought he would as a rookie. He also proved to be more of a leader than I expected to see. Rebounds, steals, and general all out hustle showed me he truly loves the game and wants to be succesfull. He also showed an ability to be an elite scorer at times and take a game over. He's taller, younger, as quick, as tough, and (will be) bigger than all the pg's already taken and appeared to be quite coachable also.

There seems to be a straggler at pick #12 and the clock has run out. Rather then hold up the draft for everyone else I will make a selection since we are well over 8 hours from the last pick at 8:27 AM today.

Russell Westbrook

With the 12th selection Westbrook seems an excellent value. At only 23 years of age Russell Westbrook took the next step and is now in the top echelon of PGs in the NBA. Westbrook is an elite perimeter defender on both PG and SGs alike. His length is off the charts for PGs. Westbrook is probably the 2nd rated defensive PG in the league behind only Rondo but Westbrook is both younger and more explosive on offensese. Westbrook's game was put under the microscope in the Western Conference Finals for shooting too much. Yet, Westbrook was 8th in the NBA in apg with 8.2 (which was tied with assist master Jason Kidd). His decision making will get better and better. At just 23 Westbrook has only begun to scratch the surface of his potential and will use this learning expierence to motivate him even more to improve his game. Last season Westbrook improved his 3 point shooting to a respectable 33 %. His perimeter shooting should continue to improve which will leave Westbrook virtually unstoppable on offense. His athletic ability can only be matched by 1 man at his position. This selection will be 10 years + of production due to his age of only 23.

Edited by coachx