• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

What do you guys think of speeding up the clock for the 3rd round ?

I am down, perhaps 5 hours/pick? That way, you take out the 9 hours that the clock is off and you still have 15. 15/5= at least 3 picks per day no matter what?

What do you guys think of speeding up the clock for the 3rd round ?

Might as well. Really isn't much to choose from at this point the decisions should not be taking so long. 6 hours for rounds 3 and 4 sounds about right to me. I am not against 4 hours honestly.

How much faster? I live in California, so it's kind of hard to draft at the same time as you guys. Thats why i'm late sometimes, sorry about that guys.

What is good for you ? Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I think people are making their picks as fast as possible when they have the ability to be online. If we are going to talk about giving people less time then I think you need to add the option to give the commish (nicholas) a list of a couple potential picks so that he can make the pick for you if you are going to be unavailable. When I last week, I spent 4 hours waiting on the jetway with the "no cell phones or other elecronic devices" warning and flying. Hopefully my travel this week will go smoother but it is a possibility that someone could be stuck in a meeting, etc. for a while.

• Admin

I think people are making their picks as fast as possible when they have the ability to be online. If we are going to talk about giving people less time then I think you need to add the option to give the commish (nicholas) a list of a couple potential picks so that he can make the pick for you if you are going to be unavailable. When I last week, I spent 4 hours waiting on the jetway with the "no cell phones or other elecronic devices" warning and flying. Hopefully my travel this week will go smoother but it is a possibility that someone could be stuck in a meeting, etc. for a while.

plus some people can not get to this site at work. Also, what is the rush? This is just a fun thing to do during the summer.and a lot of the picks have been going pretty quick.

i'll go as fast or slow as you guys want; so far, it's moving at a decent speed, so maybe keep for now and lessen if it starts to slow down; this was a holiday weekend as well, which usually isn't good for draftsalso, if you are going to be up soon (1-4 picks away maybe?) and are going to be away for awhile, just pm the person right after you with your pick and they can post your pick; or ask in thread for someone that will be around for awhile and will post your pick and pm themjust don't pm someone that comes up before you; pm someone that picks after you do; preferably they pick 2 after you (e.g. after diesel makes his 2nd/3rd round pick, everyone after him picks 2x before it gets back to him) so you can give a first and second choice in case you get sniped

I'm in no rush at all. The Championship series might not even wrap up till mid-June, and then it's looking like we might have a very long off-season to suffer through, so there's no hurry far as I'm concerned. Whatever works for others is fine by me.

• Moderators

Round 11. jy21 - Lebron James2. diesel - Dwight Howard3. sultanofatl - Kevin Durant4. capstone21 - Deron Williams5. whassuphawks - Kobe Bryant6. ahf - Chris Paul7. supporter - Derick Rose8. nicholasp27 - Blake Griffin9. seano - Dwayne Wade10. 01d0rd3r - Rajon Rondo11. thatsmydawg - John Wall12. ngc7 - Al Horford13. coachx - Russell Westbrook14. alejandro09 - Dirk Nowitzki15. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Carmelo Anthony16. Colin - A'mare Stoudemire17. IHeartAtlanta- Monta EllisRound 218. IHeartAtlanta - Joe Johnson19. Colin - Stephen Curry20. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Brook Lopez21. alejandro09 - Jrue Holiday22. coachx - Kevin Love23. ngc7-Joakin Noah24. thatsmydawg-Al Jefferson25. 01d0rd3r-Marc Gasol26. seano-Lamarcus Aldridge27. nicholasp27-Tyreke Evans28. supporter – DeMarcus Cousins29. ahf – Chris Bosh30. whassuphawks – Andrew Bogut31. capstone21 - Pau Gasol32. sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum33. diesel34 jy21Round 335. jy21 -36. diesel -37. sultanofatl -38. capstone21 -39. whassuphawks -40. ahf -41. supporter -42. nicholasp27 -43. seano -44. 01d0rd3r -45. thatsmydawg -46. ngc7 -47. coachx -48. alejandro09 -49. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA -50. Colin -51. IHeartAtlanta -

• Premium Member

[

After Strong Deliberation and several back and fourths with myself. I have arrived at a pick that locks up Frontcourt Domination for my group who I am calling the GanstaSlappas.....

The Next pick is:

Zach Randolph...

The Ganstaslappas have defense and offense with a definite control of the Rebounds now that we have Z-BO.

20.2 ppg, 12.2 rpg. And is the reason that an 8th seed beat a 1 seed.

Durant called him "the Best PF in Basketball".

• Admin

[

After Strong Deliberation and several back and fourths with myself. I have arrived at a pick that locks up Frontcourt Domination for my group who I am calling the GanstaSlappas.....

The Next pick is:

Zach Randolph...

The Ganstaslappas have defense and offense with a definite control of the Rebounds now that we have Z-BO.

...because he is such a terrible defender...Howard is a good partner for him on defense Edited by capstone21

[

The Next pick is:

Zach Randolph...

Zbo! Nice pick, Diesel. I had my eye on him too.

...because he is such a terrible defender...Howard is a good partner for him on defense

Well it's the same type of deal with Blake Griffin and Kevin Love so far as defense goes, I mean basically they are just warm bodies out there when it comes to playing defense, even factoring in their defensive rebounding. So then the question becomes: does their rebounding and offensive output outweigh their weak defense so that you come out with a net positive? I would say for all three the answer is yes, just like Charles Barkley before them. You can live with bad D if you're getting a big enough contribution from a player in other areas.

[

The Next pick is:

Zach Randolph...

Dwight Howard is definately not resigning with you I think he'd hate playing with a knucklehead like Zack Randolph.

[

The Next pick is:

Zach Randolph...

Really...and I mean this from the bottom of my heart...DAMN YOU!!!!! lol now I have to actually think hard about this!!! I hate you Diesel lol

Well with the next pick I'm going with mister RUDY GAY

Has the potential to be one of the best number 2 options in the league beside Lebron. He's young athletic and has a great attitude and I don't think he's the type of guy that would have a problem with being 2nd fiddle to Lebron. With those 2 I may have the most athletic and most talented group of wing players in the league.....good luck trying to deal with those 2. Oh and side note: Rudy was having his best shooting year until he got hurt

And with the first pick of the 3rd round I'm going with SERGE IBAKA

led the league in total blocks and blocks per 48 mins....21 years old and this is only his 2nd year. Doesn't have alot of basketball under his belt so this guys potential is through the roof!!!! Has great athleticism and just within this year started to develop a lil mid range jumper...with time that will only get better. I mean from year one to year 2 he looks like a completely different player and with time who the hell knows what he can be. Timing will only get better on defense and he just adds to the length and athleticism that I already have with Lebron and Rudy...good luck fellas!