• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

• Admin

My pick is Danny Granger

All around player who can probably fit into any offense. He gives my scoring and more importantly 3 point shooting. Excellent at attacking the basket as well. He is a 2 time all star and has been carrying the Pacers for years. He is a good defender (above average blocks and steals for a SF) and I think will fit in nicely with Williams and Gasol.

My pick is Danny Granger

All around player who can probably fit into any offense. He gives my scoring and more importantly 3 point shooting. Excellent at attacking the basket as well. He is a 2 time all star and has been carrying the Pacers for years. He is a good defender (above average blocks and steals for a SF) and I think will fit in nicely with Williams and Gasol.

That is highly skilled trio of players there and none of them are selfish. They sould have no problems getting along.

Nice core !

Edited by coachx

• Admin

That is highly skilled trio of players there and none of them are selfish. They sould have no problems getting along.Nice core !

Thanks, I am trying to come up with players who I think will compliment each other and have good chemistry

Interesting to see how you guys think, when you're constructing a team. You can tell who values what. In my opinion, Diesel's team is already unstoppable with that frontline of Howard and Z-Bo. That's almost unfair right there. LOL . . so when Z-Bo gets the ball down on the block, and he misses a shot, you'll have Howard coming from the weak side to gobble up the rebound? LOL . . and vice versa? That's the frontcourt equivalent of Lebron and Wade. Then he adds his gunner from the outside in Eric Gordon . . damn.Interesting thought processes going on here. Some of you guys had a chance to pair some real good combinations together, but missed with your 2nd pick.

Interesting to see how you guys think, when you're constructing a team. You can tell who values what. In my opinion, Diesel's team is already unstoppable with that frontline of Howard and Z-Bo. That's almost unfair right there. LOL . . so when Z-Bo gets the ball down on the block, and he misses a shot, you'll have Howard coming from the weak side to gobble up the rebound? LOL . . and vice versa? That's the frontcourt equivalent of Lebron and Wade. Then he adds his gunner from the outside in Eric Gordon . . damn.Interesting thought processes going on here. Some of you guys had a chance to pair some real good combinations together, but missed with your 2nd pick.

Opinions, Opinions, Opinions, how are we supposed to prove or disprove them in this fantasy world again? I'm sure people thought Hakeem and Ralph Sampson were unstoppable until they did not win anything together

Opinions, Opinions, Opinions, how are we supposed to prove or disprove them in this fantasy world again? I'm sure people thought Hakeem and Ralph Sampson were unstoppable until they did not win anything together

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if we could run a sim on what if sports or just plug in the teams in 2K or something.

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if we could run a sim on what if sports or just plug in the teams in 2K or something.

We could but the ratings would be off for a 2011-12 simualtion.It would be fun on the new game when the ratings are programmed to predict next season and how "live" will change the ratings as the season goes along.

• Admin

You can also say that you have two guys on the block and might get in the way of each other. I am not saying that they would be a good combo but they really are two post players who don't like to pass and want the ball down low. Then again they might be a dominant force.

Ummm . . they got to the NBA Finals in their 2nd year together. Injuries completely derailed Sampson's career after that season. Had he stayed healthy, they would've challenged the Lakers at least for the next 5 years. They had their way with the Lakers in 86 when they reached the Finals. They had no answer for the Twin Towers.

Ummm . . they got to the NBA Finals in their 2nd year together. Injuries completely derailed Sampson's career after that season. Had he stayed healthy, they would've challenged the Lakers at least for the next 5 years. They had their way with the Lakers in 86 when they reached the Finals. They had no answer for the Twin Towers.

Right, but they still did not win anything, I am quite sure they did not set out to be #2. Injuries are part of the game, Brandon Roy and Penny Hardaway looked like unstoppable forces to become 1st ballot HOF'ers before injuries stopped them. You cant prove that someone or some combo is unstoppable by simply looking at them on paper is all I am saying

You can also say that you have two guys on the block and might get in the way of each other. I am not saying that they would be a good combo but they really are two post players who don't like to pass and want the ball down low. Then again they might be a dominant force.

If Z-Bo could play with Marc Gasol . . he'd definitely be able to play with Dwight Howard. Both guys would play well with each other. Which guy do you double? Both guys are offensive rebounding MONSTERS, even when they don't have the ball.Diesel was probably salivating when he saw Z-Bo fall to him. That was a no brainer pick.

With my 3rd round pick I choose: Ty Lawson

When you talk about young upcoming point guards Ty Lawson is up there. He can run the offense, penetrate, get to the line, and has a jumpshot. His defense might be a concern when going up against stronger point guards, but I think he'll be just fine on the defensive end with my 2nd round pick Andrew Bogut guarding the paint.

Diesel was probably salivating when he saw Z-Bo fall to him. That was a no brainer pick.

Even Diesel himself said he struggled with this pick. I would have to say that the 24 year old Rudy Gay would have been just as a good a pick as the 30 year old Randolph for Diesel's team.You definately get more years and long term production out of guys under 30 but at the same time you want that balance to win now and win later.......Basically, I'm not saying Randolph was not an excellent pick. I just can't call it a no brainer. Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I would have to say that the 24 year old Rudy Gay would have been just as a good a pick as the 30 year old Randolph for Diesel's team. Even Diesel himself said he struggled with this pick.You definately get more years and long term production out of guys under 30 but at the same time you want that balance to win now and win later.

Yeah, I guess i shoulda win with Alan Henderson. No way he would have gotten in D-12's way.Are you kidding me? Rebounds... Win games. After Gordon harrasses them on the outside and D-12 blocks their shot on the inside... What's left?Think about it this way. IF Howard decides to roam and be a shot blocker, I'm still pretty much guaranteed to get the rebound. However, I did struggle taking Z-Bo. Not because he's Z-Bo.. but because I had some other thoughts that had to change. As far as Age goes... Can't you see I'm building a win now team? Even though Gordon is only 22. Edited by Diesel

Yeah, I guess i shoulda win with Alan Henderson. No way he would have gotten in D-12's way.

Are you kidding me? Rebounds... Win games.

After Gordon harrasses them on the outside and D-12 blocks their shot on the inside... What's left?

Think about it this way. IF Howard decides to roam and be a shot blocker, I'm still pretty much guaranteed to get the rebound.

However, I did struggle taking Z-Bo. Not because he's Z-Bo.. but because I had some other thoughts that had to change. As far as Age goes... Can't you see I'm building a win now team? Even though Gordon is only 22.

Allen Henderson ? Huh ?

You seem to have misunderstood me. I did not diss your pick. I do think it was a good pick and have no problem taking a veteram player to win now. (Heck 2 of your top 3 are real young). I simply pointed out that it was not a "no brainer selection" because even you said you "wrestled with me-self" when making that pick. Those were your own words.

Edited by coachx

I'll back out of this thread and continue to let you guys pick without posting my opinions. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here. This draft may resemble what a consolidated NBA would look like, if they eliminated a few of these teams.There can be some very interesting teams constructed here. So continue to do so.I will be interested to see who Diesel picks as his final 2 guys, because he has a shot to construct a powerhouse squad ( on paper, of course ).

With my 3rd round pick I choose: Ty Lawson

When you talk about young upcoming point guards Ty Lawson is up there. He can run the offense, penetrate, get to the line, and has a jumpshot. His defense might be a concern when going up against stronger point guards, but I think he'll be just fine on the defensive end with my 2nd round pick Andrew Bogut guarding the paint.

Nice balance to the roster with a PG........ I see some good chemistry there to win now with Kobe in the mix. Edited by coachx

• Admin

I'll back out of this thread and continue to let you guys pick without posting my opinions. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here. This draft may resemble what a consolidated NBA would look like, if they eliminated a few of these teams.There can be some very interesting teams constructed here. So continue to do so.I will be interested to see who Diesel picks as his final 2 guys, because he has a shot to construct a powerhouse squad ( on paper, of course ).

Opinions are fun. Continue to give yours. It is interesting to see what other people think