• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nene

reeballin4

I suspect that Nene is probably used differently than Camby was, although that's certainly not the only reason for the disparity as Camby is a far superior rebounder. The bottom line for me is that Nene would be adequate as a rebounder for us as long as we can plug someone into the SF spot who is a plus rebounder for the position.

I guess that would scratch off Joe Johnson ever moving to SF permantly.

I like NeNe as a player. My only point is I'd rather have Josh Smith then NeNe.......assuming the only way we get NeNe is to trade Smoove for him.

I guess that would scratch off Joe Johnson ever moving to SF permantly.

I like NeNe as a player. My only point is I'd rather have Josh Smith then NeNe.......assuming the only way we get NeNe is to trade Smoove for him.

I'd rather have Smith as well but if we're looking to trade Smith then Nene is definitely a guy I'd go over, especially if we could get JR Smith with him.

Fox list him as the number one of top ten FAs. Can't see us going after such a big name without a trade of making some cap space. the other nine are:

2. Tyson chadler

3. Marc Gasol (would love to see us go after him.)

4. David West.

5. Carl Landry

6. Wilson Chandler

7. Rodney Stuckey

8. Tayshaun Prince

9. Thad Young

10. Jeff Green

Fox list him as the number one of top ten FAs. Can't see us going after such a big name without a trade of making some cap space. the other nine are:

2. Tyson chadler

4. David West.

5. Carl Landry

6. Wilson Chandler

7. Rodney Stuckey

8. Tayshaun Prince

9. Thad Young

10. Jeff Green

I'd be happy with any of those guys, although I'd put Stuckey down at the bottom of my list with Green. I would freaking love to finally get Thad Young here to plug the hole at SF but I doubt it will ever happen.

• Admin

I'd be happy with any of those guys, although I'd put Stuckey down at the bottom of my list with Green. I would freaking love to finally get Thad Young here to plug the hole at SF but I doubt it will ever happen.

I have to agree with you...Stuckey is vastly overrated.

I have to agree with you...Stuckey is vastly overrated.

He'd be a tremendous 6th man weapon off the bench and I'd pay him every dollar that Crawford got last year to fill that role for us, if it were possible to do so. He's not quite the scorer that Jamal is but he's a better defender and much younger.

But 6th man concerns are much farther down my list than finding an upgrade at the 5th starter spot, whether that's the C position or from the sound of it based on what LD said the SF position.

2. Tyson chadler

4. David West.

5. Carl Landry

6. Wilson Chandler

7. Rodney Stuckey

8. Tayshaun Prince

9. Thad Young

10. Jeff Green

I'd take Chandler or Gasol over NeNe in a hearbeat. NeNe is better offensively but Chandler is just a superior defender and rebounder while being a year younger. NeNe and Gasol are pretty equal in ability but Gasol is much younger.

Both West and Landy look overrated to me. Especially with West coming off a torn aCL at 31.

Edited by coachx

I'd take Chandler or Gasol over NeNe in a hearbeat. NeNe is better offensively but Chandler is just a superior defender and rebounder while being a year younger. NeNe and Gasol are pretty equal in ability but Gasol is much younger.

Both West and Landy look overrated to me. Especially with West coming off a torn aCL at 31.

Off that list, Prince and Chandler are the only 2 options I see as possibly coming here for just the MLE (with Prince being the more likely since he's older). I'd honestly be happy with either of them. They are both long and good defenders and can hit shots from outside.

Off that list, Prince and Chandler are the only 2 options I see as possibly coming here for just the MLE (with Prince being the more likely since he's older). I'd honestly be happy with either of them. They are both long and good defenders and can hit shots from outside.

If Chandler has to settle for just the MLE I'd be shocked.

Granted the new CBA will probably prevent Cuban from retaining Chandler I would assume many teams with cap space will throw more then $6 mill per at him. He will turn 29 at the beginning of the season, just won a ,ring, and was named to the ALL NBA Defense 2nd team.

I see NeNe getting money due to his situation. Denver only has $35 mill comimitted to salaries next season. Dallas has $61 mill committed to salaries.

IF there is MLE next season one would assume Dallas would try to keep Chandler for the MLE. Chandler will have to decide between playing for the MLE for a winner or playing for a lost to get a big pay day. I could see the Nets and Rockets, as teams with cap space, offering significantly more then the MLE.

Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have Chandler on this team. I just can't see him picking the Hawks over many other teams who would also be offering the MLE.........if there even is a MLE.

Edited by coachx

If Chandler has to settle for just the MLE I'd be shocked.

Granted the new CBA will probably prevent Cuban from retaining Chandler I would assume many teams with cap space will throw more then $6 mill per at him. He will turn 29 at the beginning of the season, just won a ,ring, and was named to the ALL NBA Defense 2nd team.

I see NeNe getting money due to his situation. Denver only has $35 mill comimitted to salaries next season. Dallas has $61 mill committed to salaries.

IF there is MLE next season one would assume Dallas would try to keep Chandler for the MLE. Chandler will have to decide between playing for the MLE for a winner or playing for a lost to get a big pay day. I could see the Nets and Rockets, as teams with cap space, offering significantly more then the MLE.

Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have Chandler on this team. I just can't see him picking the Hawks over many other teams who would also be offering the MLE.........if there even is a MLE.

I'm guessing he was referring to Wilson Chandler and not Tyson Chandler. Wilson will probably get the MLE or less (assuming as you said that there is such a thing) but Tyson is in line for a nice payday, well out of our range unless we swung a S&T and I don't see that happening from either team.

• Moderators

I'm guessing he was referring to Wilson Chandler and not Tyson Chandler. Wilson will probably get the MLE or less (assuming as you said that there is such a thing) but Tyson is in line for a nice payday, well out of our range unless we swung a S&T and I don't see that happening from either team.

It was definitely a reference to Wilson Chandler. In either case, I like our odds of getting Prince much better since we are a team that is unlikely to land the center we need to move primarily to a "big" lineup, we play currently into the 2nd round of the playoffs, and Prince would have a major role.

All that said, there is no way we will be able to afford to give anyone the MLE next season unless new ownership changes our budget philosophy.

He'd be a tremendous 6th man weapon off the bench and I'd pay him every dollar that Crawford got last year to fill that role for us, if it were possible to do so.

You would be anxious to pay Stuckey $10,080,000 next season or you just would rather have him than Crawford? I would not want to pay him every dollar Crawford got last year to be our 6th man in 2011/12.

It was definitely a reference to Wilson Chandler. In either case, I like our odds of getting Prince much better since we are a team that is unlikely to land the center we need to move primarily to a "big" lineup, we play currently into the 2nd round of the playoffs, and Prince would have a major role.

All that said, there is no way we will be able to afford to give anyone the MLE next season unless new ownership changes our budget philosophy.

You would be anxious to pay Stuckey $10,080,000 next season or you just would rather have him than Crawford? I would not want to pay him every dollar Crawford got last year to be our 6th man in 2011/12.

If JC was worth that then Stuckey is worth that since he's comparable offensively and better defensively. $11 million is too much for either but I would have rather had Stuckey at that price than JC.

Stuckey is a great combo guard that gets injured far too often. He would be in our starting lineup if he were here.

Please tell me your kidding. Starting lineup? In place of whom? JJ, Teague, Hinrich> Stuckey...I think he is an OK player but there is no way in this world that he would be a starter for us. Maybe in 07 when we drafted Law instead of him, but definitely not today.

• Moderators

$11 million is too much for either but I would have rather had Stuckey at that price than JC.

It is a tossup for me which I would prefer in the short-term but I definitely agree that neither is worth that much money.

• Premium Member

He would have to change that name. Atlanta not big enough for 2 people named Nene.

• Like 1

If JC was worth that then Stuckey is worth that since he's comparable offensively and better defensively. $11 million is too much for either but I would have rather had Stuckey at that price than JC.

They arent comparable offensively Stuckey cant shoot .

They arent comparable offensively Stuckey cant shoot .

Just because they aren't identical players doesn't mean they're not comparable players, they just go about scoring a different way. While Crawford is the better jump shooter Stuckey is the better slasher and is better at getting to the FT line, which is something this team sorely lacks.

Player Season MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

Crawford 10-11 30.2 0.421 0.341 0.854 0.3 1.4 1.7 3.2 0.8 0.2 1.9 1.3 14.2
Stuckey 10-11 31.2 0.439 0.289 0.866 1.0 2.1 3.1 5.2 1.1 0.1 2.2 2.5 15.5

Crawford Career 32.2 0.410 0.350 0.846 0.4 2.2 2.6 3.9 1.0 0.2 2.1 1.6 15.4
Stuckey Career 29.7 0.423 0.266 0.834 0.9 2.4 3.2 4.5 1.1 0.1 2.0 2.6 13.6

Player FG. FGA FG% eFG% Ast'd Blk'd FTM Pts

Crawford 4.8 11.5 .421 .489 44% 4% 2.9 14.2
Stuckey 5.2 11.8 .439 .455 38% 9% 4.7 15.5

Player Shot Att. eFG% Ast'd Blk'd Pts

Crawford Jump 85% .465 50% 3% 9.1
Stuckey Jump 60% .386 38% 6% 5.5

Crawford Close 14% .636 23% 11% 2.0