• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So now that we have our shooters and wings...

what are we doing at the center position? Hawks need a banger, rebounder, defender, athletic guy...doesn't need to do much on offense but grab offense boards and put backs and run the floor.

Why does everyone talk about Reggie Evans ??

he is a small pf wtih on O skillz

the same with kurt thomas a undersize center

we need a good 7 footer

it kills me how Al says to the media they need to get a center and a shooter and they go out and get Radmo

i think Al Joe and Smoove need to out the ASG on blast about the $hitty signings

• Premium Member

I've been a fan of getting Hawes from Philly. I think we truly need someone who is a legitimate scoring option on the blocks, and Hawes has always been able to score. Being an RFA, not real confident Sund could pull it off.

I'd be tempted to see if Sean Williams is available. We have enough offense to go around but to have another athletic 6'10 shot blocker and rebounder would not hurt. He also comes at a reasonable price and brings some attitude which might be needed for this team. We have enough veterans and good guys around him to keep his head in the game!!

• Premium Member

He plays D, he rebounds and he is tough!!

Can't say enough about TOUGH.

We need toughness. Zaza needs help being the enforcer.

Can you imagine bring bruiser like Evans and Zaza off the bench?

Thinking about that immediately makes me think about Ashy skin and bloody knuckles.

• Moderators

Any takers for Aaron Gray? Still reasonably young (just turned 26), and decent size as a 7-footer, although he's decidedly not a shotblocker or a great defender. But if it's better rebounding we want, among players with more than 10 MPG, he's one of just six players (Camby, Love, R. Evans, Z-Bo, Joey Dorsey) in the Top 20 of the league for both Offensive and Defensive Rebounding Rate.

~lw3

Any takers for Aaron Gray? Still reasonably young (just turned 26), and decent size as a 7-footer, although he's decidedly not a shotblocker or a great defender. But if it's better rebounding we want, among players with more than 10 MPG, he's one of just six players (Camby, Love, R. Evans, Z-Bo, Joey Dorsey) in the Top 20 of the league for both Offensive and Defensive Rebounding Rate.

~lw3

Gray is not a bad get but NO got him for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. He could make the leap one day soon to a low priced solid rebounding backup.