• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: New York Knicks Pursuing Jamal Crawford. Maybe S&T?

DJKadafi

Lee is on a max deal so no and Biedrins isn't going anywhere contingent on GS signing DeAndre which the Clippers already claim they will match. I assume GS just takes on Balkman along with a pick because Udoh is the only other big option.

You are probably right, but who knows. But it's not like we weren't shocked to learn of the Jamal deal 2 years ago ... guess we'll see (or won't see) what the future holds for this deal.

• Premium Member

I'm not a Biedrins fan... but we have to do something at this point. This is really the year for this roster to take its best shot to ascend to the top tier. There's not a lot to work with in terms of assets to acquire more talent, so the bulk of the ascension is going to have to come from within--guys continuing to raise their game. I think that's very plausible, too... Teague, Smoove and Horford all could do that. But nonetheless, I think we've got to add another significant piece, and now. Hopefully Biedrins isn't the best we can hope for, but if it is, then get'er done.

• Premium Member

Sources also tell ESPN that, as @MikeWellsNBA predicted, Pacers and Grizzlies again engaged Josh McRoberts/OJ Mayo talks. This time S-and-T

Suggests Pacers might not be a good option for Crawford after all.

Amick (SI.com):

Source says Golden State not involved in possible 3-tm, sign and trade talks with Atl for Jamal Crawford. NY interest real though.

(I like MC (ajc), but sure do wish he was better connected than he evidently is... would be nice to have someone getting some info from our side.)

Toney Douglas is a similar version to crawford in my opinion and can shoot the 3 ball well.. if we could get him in a S&T that would be solid for his contract

• Premium Member

Moments after I write that about MC... whaddayaknow...

GM Sund: "It's going to be difficult to sign [Crawford] in a straight signing transaction. We are looking at other alternatives."

Not necessarily "news," of course.

Sund continues... per MC tweet...

"I like our bigs. We are going to continue to look at [point guards] as training camp goes."

*jaw drops*

Am I interpreting that correctly... he's ready to stand-pat with his bigs?

Edited by sturt

Moments after I write that about MC... whaddayaknow...

Not necessarily "news," of course.

Sund continues... per MC tweet...

*jaw drops*

Am I interpreting that correctly... he's ready to stand-pat with his bigs?

What do you expect from a guy who drafted Robert Swift, Saer Sene ( Walter's boy ), and Johan Petro in consecutive years in the 1st round. Sund has no eye for big man talent whatsoever.

• Premium Member

I really think getting Toney Douglas back would make this all worthwhile. I'm a GT fan, and I saw him play a lot of games in the ACC while he was at FSU. He definitely can score, but he is also a really good defender. Acquiring him will also make it easier to trade Hinrich if we need to.Also, he is related to Falcons WR Harry Douglas. I have a hunch he'd like to play in this city.

• Premium Member

I've read that Toney is actually from Atlanta (?)... but again... if NYK isn't moving him, then it's a moot point... seems more likely that a third team would be contributing a PG to the equation.NY Times guy affirms:

Proposed sign-trade involving Crawford being swapped for Douglas is a non-starter, I'm told. Knicks aren't giving up TD.