• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Stern trying to make the Clipps a Power team to prove a point?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I just read through the deal that the Clipps and Hornets are close to making. ?

What the?

Paul + Gordon +Butler + Blake + Jordan = Championship.

Is this to stick a thumb in the eye to the Lakers?

I got news for Stern..

We have a better deal!!

We can give Hinrich and Horf.

There's you're expiring and there's your Center of the future.

We'll even through in Marvin and Zaza and take Emeka off your hands.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Diesel,

Yes the Hawks have the better assets BUT the Hawks will not do the deal, its not Stern its the idiots who run the Hawks.

Everyone has to except the fact the Hawks are not going to change the core and they are not going to go over the cap to improve the team. We go through offseason after offseason and the Hawks do not spend to improve this team.

Diesel,

Yes the Hawks have the better assets BUT the Hawks will not do the deal, its not Stern its the idiots who run the Hawks.

Everyone has to except the fact the Hawks are not going to change the core and they are not going to go over the cap to improve the team. We go through offseason after offseason and the Hawks do not spend to improve this team.

Man, relax a little. We have a good team. Enjoy

Man, relax a little. We have a good team. Enjoy

A good team that been stuck on second round in the last three years. Unless you like stuff like that(I hope you dont), We need to get to the ECF, and be honest with yourself. Can you see this team beating Chicago, Miami, Boston or even Knicks.

A good team that been stuck on second round in the last three years. Unless you like stuff like that(I hope you dont), We need to get to the ECF, and be honest with yourself. Can you see this team beating Chicago, Miami, Boston or even Knicks.

I really can. Just need our PG play to tighten up. Boston is on the decline for certain. We play Miami and Chicago well. The Knicks are not there yet. Chandler is a good get, but he has only had one great year over his last five, he is injury prone, and not young anymore by NBA standards.

Miami and Chicago are the top two, and if we can get something similar to all-star play out of our PG position we can compete with both of them.

I really can. Just need our PG play to tighten up. Boston is on the decline for certain. We play Miami and Chicago well. The Knicks are not there yet. Chandler is a good get, but he has only had one great year over his last five, he is injury prone, and not young anymore by NBA standards.

Miami and Chicago are the top two, and if we can get something similar to all-star play out of our PG position we can compete with both of them.

Indiana is going to surpass Atlanta. Miami is clearly superior and Atlanta will never beat Chicago in a 7 game series as they currently stand. You forgot we will lose Jamal.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I never was sold on Milwaukee. I felt that Bogut is severely overrated. Capt. Jack will help them greatly. I am not sold on Philly either. I think Holiday shocked people but this season, I expect them to take a step back.

You forgot we will lose Jamal.

Jamal was lights out for us against Orlando, but Teague avg more ppg against Chicago. Which is why I mentioned needing something near all-star caliber play at the point guard position. I think you forgot how bad Crawford was in that Chicago series.

Jamal was lights out for us against Orlando, but Teague avg more ppg against Chicago. Which is why I mentioned needing something near all-star caliber play at the point guard position. I think you forgot how bad Crawford was in that Chicago series.

He was double teamed after Game 1 along with Joe. Why do people talk about these players struggling when it clear why they struggled.

Smith was left open on jumpers in the series which he missed more than not.

Movement stopped and Chicago closed out on Horford which made him look like Antonio Davis and not Al Horford.

Joe was doubled teamed.

Chicago played excellent defense. Look what they did to Bosh and Wade.

If Stern rejected the LAL Houston deal with the Hornets, I can't imagine how he would possibly accept the Clippers garbage for Paul. If his intent is to truly make sure the Hornets are not hurt by the trade, the LAL/Houston deal beats the heck out of the Clippers deal.

Kaman - decent center, on the decline, though

Aminu - can't shoot a lick

Bledsoe - who?

If he accepts this deal, he clearly has some agenda that is not in the favor of the Hornets.

If Stern rejected the LAL Houston deal with the Hornets, I can't imagine how he would possibly accept the Clippers garbage for Paul. If his intent is to truly make sure the Hornets are not hurt by the trade, the LAL/Houston deal beats the heck out of the Clippers deal.

Kaman - decent center, on the decline, though

Aminu - can't shoot a lick

Bledsoe - who?

If he accepts this deal, he clearly has some agenda that is not in the favor of the Hornets.

Gordon is in the offer.

He was double teamed after Game 1 along with Joe. Why do people talk about these players struggling when it clear why they struggled.

Smith was left open on jumpers in the series which he missed more than not.

Movement stopped and Chicago closed out on Horford which made him look like Antonio Davis and not Al Horford.

Joe was doubled teamed.

Chicago played excellent defense. Look what they did to Bosh and Wade.

Why did I mention it? Because us keeping Crawford will not change this fact when facing the Bulls. Better PG play is what we need more so than a .420 FG% sparkplug off the bench.

• Premium Member

The Hawks have been pegging their hope on this "core" for years and every year expect a different result. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a differenf result is the defenition of insanity. I know Hawks fans and some of the owners have their favorite players on the team that they just couldn't bare to see go elsewhere, but the truth is this...the team as currently constructed is not going to beat Chicago, Miami or any of the other elite teams come playoff time. It's not going to happen.

Deal has been killed. The NBA wants LAC to take salary as well. It seems like they want a team to offer a lot as well as take Okafor's contract. LOL, good luck.