• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can We GIVE THE ASG SOME CREDIT?(Let The Experts Be Experts/Investors)

sillent

This Franchise has picked up 3 key veterans (2 of them being stars in this league at one time or another) and people still complain. Defense wins championships which makes Crawford a liability. Great Leadership and Chemistry creates dynasties!! If you watched our team last year you can see the talent and we confidently beat the Bulls the first 2 games of the playoffs. We looked like a deer in headlights afterward as if we were in shock at what we accomplished against the #1team in the league last year. ASG signed leaders like Tracy McGrady and Jerry Stackhouse to encourage us to realize we are as good as we think we are if not better. They also brought along Radmanovic who is a deadly threat if you have a drive and kick point guard (Jeff Teague anybody).I actually have to give the ASG kudos for addressing many of our needs. My prediction, if McGrady can stay healthy he is going to shock many and make us forget about Jamal(The good parts at least). Many will be surprised to see Tracy's defensive presence and other factors he brings to the table. All and all Larry Drew's motion offense has a much better chance to be implemented properly with us cutting half of our 1 on 1 duo.Don't get me wrong Crawford would still be a good addition to our team if he stayed within his role and came at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm generally not one to bash ownership. I was not one who thought the Drew hiring was problematic. I was not one who thought the JJ hiring was nuts. I've never thought Sund was anything less than an average NBA general manager, either. So, if this thread is a reaction to what I posed in the "outrage" thread, it's somewhat misplaced in that way.

Also, I like the Rad signing, as well as the McGrady signing, though tempered with a recognition that history suggests his body probably isn't going to hold up to a concentrated schedule very well. I do not consider Stackhouse to be a legitimate option for a spot on the opening night roster.

Having said all of that, I'm pointing up the fact that there is a clock on your talent in the NBA, and for years and years and years, we've always had the situation that we knew our talent still had time on its side to develop.

I'm suggesting that that's not so much the case anymore. The time is upon us to maximize what this roster can accomplish. We have maybe 2 years to see this roster do something that hasn't been done for this franchise since the 60s, and never in ATL. The alarm should be going off right now for ASG that if you want this investment of yours to bear the ultimate prize and all of the good financial benefits that flow to you from that... the LAST thing you should be doing right now is letting go of a key asset. To the contrary, now is the time to be maintaining what you had vs. Chicago, and deepening that bench so that you have a more legitimate chance to conquer that hill.

• Like 1

To the contrary, now is the time to be maintaining what you had vs. Chicago, and deepening that bench so that you have a more legitimate chance to conquer that hill.

This I agree with to some extent. We have some players here and the bench has been strengthened. Losing Craw while signing TMac and Radman is like a break even IMO. But I think it gives us more flexibility at SF if Marvin continues his downfall from his contract season.

I like a SNT of Craw to get another big or a PG, But signing him is not a bad move either. Craw is getting a lot of play right now but his asking price is high. Once some of these other guards fall, RIP, Stuckey, Nick Young to name a few, Crawfords market will be easier to gauge.

I think he is asking to much. 8 million a year is a lot of money for someone who is 31 years old and may be coming off your bench. Especially for teams like the Twolves who have no chance of making the playoffs.

• Moderators

It is important to remember that we are still a good team. All i can give ASG credit for is doing the best that they can which unfortunately has proven to be not that good. I think they did the city a disservice by purchasing something they couldn't afford and having an ownership group that wasn't cohesive. I'm sure they are still trying the best they can to put a winner on the court but Tmac and Stack were stars in this league that garnered little to no interest (respectively) around the league. That tells you something about where there game is. How many of those 'quality vets' have been through here in the last six years?