• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jerry Stackhouse a Hawk?

frankthetank966

As of last night, someone asked MC that question, and he said he's not yet signed.

We need to sign him, he would be a great veteran to have on the bench. Not saying he will put up big numbers but he is eager to win and that type of chemistry will build well and keep everyone interested. Plus isn't he is a pretty darn good defender?

• Premium Member

We need Tmac for the desire. All these years of being elite and never winning has to spark a fire from him. We need Stackhouse for the Physical and Mental Toughness. Even though there are tougher guys... I think these guys have a different motivation. Failure is a great motivator. Obviously, our core didn't get it from Antoine Walker, Kevin Willis, and Kenny Anderson.. and that is because those guys didn't have it to give. These guys have it. At one time or another both of these guys were considered the Heir apparent. But neither could reach it.

Great read on Stack and what he is able to see himself doing for the team: Read entire blog here:

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2011/12/14/atlanta-hawks-camp-report-day-6/

Snippets:

I don’t look at as a new guy on the team. Ain’t nothing about me new. [Laughs] I enjoy it, man, because I know these guys and I’ve been around them a lot in the summer and watched them from afar for two or three years and just felt like they were right there.

They’ve got all the pieces, and sometimes it’s just in between the ears. Sometimes it’s not always about the young guys taking another step, it’s about the veterans taking another step with their leadership. So I’m just trying to stay in Joe’s ear, stay in Josh’s ear, and that is where the value is.

When I see some slippage and we can bring it and address it, and that is one key to a championship team is feedback and not being afraid of feedback, from coaches and players. Everybody accept the feedback from the players and understand it because these are guys on the court getting it done and if they are not cohesive then it’s not going to get done no matter how good a game plan the coaches have.

About players being too sensitive to critism? - Not with this group. Everybody’s ears are wide open. That’s refreshing.

Great read on Stack and what he is able to see himself doing for the team: Read entire blog here:

http://blogs.ajc.com...p-report-day-6/

Snippets:

I don’t look at as a new guy on the team. Ain’t nothing about me new. [Laughs] I enjoy it, man, because I know these guys and I’ve been around them a lot in the summer and watched them from afar for two or three years and just felt like they were right there.

They’ve got all the pieces, and sometimes it’s just in between the ears. Sometimes it’s not always about the young guys taking another step, it’s about the veterans taking another step with their leadership. So I’m just trying to stay in Joe’s ear, stay in Josh’s ear, and that is where the value is.

When I see some slippage and we can bring it and address it, and that is one key to a championship team is feedback and not being afraid of feedback, from coaches and players. Everybody accept the feedback from the players and understand it because these are guys on the court getting it done and if they are not cohesive then it’s not going to get done no matter how good a game plan the coaches have.

About players being too sensitive to critism? - Not with this group. Everybody’s ears are wide open. That’s refreshing.

I'd be glad to have him on the roster just for the mentoring he can do for the other players.

• Like 2