• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would the Hawks truly fly any higher with Superman? Who or what would?

HawkItus

Considering what we'd have to give up and not to mention the Salary he'd command to stay?

I'm all for Dwight, but I don't think we win a Title with him. We saw even last year, you need a dynamic guard to play with D12 and win the title. We don't have that. If the end game is D12 and DW then sign me up wholeheartedly. Teague is nice, but he and D12 won't do it.

• Premium Member

Two things.

First, we could win a championship with D-12 if we don't have to give up the whole farm for him. Remember, he took the Magic to the championship. Usually teams with bigs are championship quality. We'd definitely walk out of the East if we have JJ, JTeague, Josh, and D-12.

2nd, what we don't want is our rival (Chicago) to get him and we not try. At this moment, Chicago can offer Noah/Deng or something like that for him. They become a championship team!! With Thebideau!!

Orlando has done a piss poor job of developing him. They use him as a decoy on offense and rely on the shot. Here, he'd be THE MAN. The highlight factory indeed.

Horf and Smoove for Howard and Hedo works. JJ is dynamic enough and even though we may lose in the conference title game , bet we get to it with Howard and JJ in tow. Since we never been that far before, bet your bottom dollar I would do the above deal all day long.

Miami, Chicago, Us. We would have a great three team rivalry for years to come in the east....and if we could add just one more piece in the near future to JJ and Howard, might be talking dynasty.

Two things.

First, we could win a championship with D-12 if we don't have to give up the whole farm for him. Remember, he took the Magic to the championship. Usually teams with bigs are championship quality. We'd definitely walk out of the East if we have JJ, JTeague, Josh, and D-12.

2nd, what we don't want is our rival (Chicago) to get him and we not try. At this moment, Chicago can offer Noah/Deng or something like that for him. They become a championship team!! With Thebideau!!

Orlando has done a piss poor job of developing him. They use him as a decoy on offense and rely on the shot. Here, he'd be THE MAN. The highlight factory indeed.

So you think we could get Howard with just Horford and pieces, while Chicago offers Deng and Noah? Got to hand it to you, Howard, Rose, and Boozer is a intimidating thought.

Buzzard,

There is no way we will give up both Horford and Smith for this deal. It is one or the other. No if, and, or buts with this. Besides who can replace if we send both of them to Orlando? With Al gone, Smith and Marvin is other fowards. Plus it is too risky for that, I think that Al should be the centerpiece and work from there, only Teague and Smith is only ones that wont be touch in this trade.

As long as Teague, Hinrich, and Joe is here. I am fine with it. We can trade Hinrich for one of those solid-good PF's with a bad contract like Al Jefferson or Bargs.

I would prefer to keep Marvin. I always liked him when healthy, his defense has always impressed me and you will need that v. Lebron, Melo, and Durant.

Utah will not dump Jefferson because he's out of shape. Next season, he will return to form.

Jefferson is in shape. That's not his problem. His problem is he is in the way of Derrick Favors. They have Millsap, Favors, and Kanter who have more talent and potential.

With Howard 2 things happen on offense. Slashers get space to operate/a running start (ie, Marvin and Smith get better). Shooters get more open looks (as low post doubles are common place). Teague, Smoove, duckbutt are the biggest recipients.

Defensively, Josh/Teague/Marvin get to gamble for steals, bodying people up because there is a shotblocker besides Josh back there. The floor gets smaller.

Consider this lineup just from a defensive and speed vantage point.

Teague

Hinrich

Williams

Smith

Howard

You have 2 shooters, 1 slasher/shooter, 1 banger/slasher and Dwight.

Reserves are

Pargo

McGrady

Radman

Hedo

Zaza

Jefferson is in shape. That's not his problem. His problem is he is in the way of Derrick Favors. They have Millsap, Favors, and Kanter who have more talent and potential.

No, according to Jalen Rose, he is not. There is no one on that team more talented than Jefferson though I do agree Kanter and Favors may have more potential.

If they were to pull off a deal for Howard without unloading the truck for him, the entire course of the franchise would change in an instant. What is one of the major complaints about this team throughout much of its Atlanta existence? Their refusal to change the status quo when the status quo isn't enough to hang up banners that matter. Bringing in Howard makes the announcement that they are no longer in the 'happy to just make the playoffs' business that they've operated in since Nique's heyday. All of those guys who play in the league that live here but never wanted anything to do with the local product will change their tune. The Hawks will finally become a team of first choice when it comes to acquiring guys who can play instead of having to pick from the recycle bin. Need I bring up the increase in national publicity, ticket sales, media coverage, et al. They would no longer be just another niche franchise that only the dedicated fans here really care about.

But at the end of the day, it is not my call. I guess we will soon see...

Anyone advocating trading Horford plus Smith or Johnson for Howard is insane. That would make us as good or slightly less good than the team we beat in the playoffs last year.

and much less exciting to watch, by the way, no matter how many jerseys we sell.

Anyone advocating trading Horford plus Smith or Johnson for Howard is insane. That would make us as good or slightly less good than the team we beat in the playoffs last year.

I disagree. There's no one on the Magic (Howard excluded) anywhere near as good as Horford Smith or Johnson. We actually play D too.